Stevie g - Its a g-theng baby!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby kopper » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:16 pm

Is Stevie G the  best all round midfielder in the premiership. He is just pure class. He is a superb passer of the ball, can defend pretty darn well, has bags of passion for his club and always gives 110%.

Compared to other midfielders in the Premiership, none come close to his all-roundness(if such a word exists). I mean Scholes is a brilliant attacking midfielder but can't come close to Gerrards defencive capabilities and SG passes the ball with more fluidity. The new Lampard is similar to Scholes.

who else.....Pires maybe, his passing is pretty good, packs a good punch of a shot but still SG beats him defensively.

Conclusion..............................Stevie G in my team any day.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby sangy » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:04 pm

well sed m8!

Tru Say, Tru Say! :)
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:00 pm

I admire Stevie a great deal and since he became captain he has matured as a person, giving him a bigger presence in the game. Potentially the sky is the limit for him, once he realises just how great he could be. His passion, tackling, passing and energy are way past anything else around. He now just needs to add 12 or 15 goals a season and he really will be the most complete player in Europe over the coming years.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:01 am

STEVIE IS A GOOD PLAYER BUT HE DOES LOSE HIS COOL TOO OFTEN AND HE REALLY MUST LEARN TO CONTROL THAT TEMPER OF HIS IF HE WANTS TO BE A REAL LIVERPOOL LEGEND!!
I RATE HIM AS ONE OF THE BEST BUT CAN HE BE "THE BEST".
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby GerraRd17Rob » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:18 am

100% agree with you kopper mate
GerraRd17Rob

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:31 am

He could and maybe should be the best in the world. I am a little disappointed he hasn't become (even) more consistent
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul Hudson » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:00 pm

pure class
Paul Hudson

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:02 pm

He is the King of Liverpool and defenitely World Class player!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:37 pm

I simply don't know wot we would do without Stevie.G. He is a class above the rest of the team at the moment. The guy has absolutely everything. I just hope we can keep him for years to come. How long will it be before the likes of Real Madrid come sniffing around? If we are battling for 4th place this time next year everyone will be in for him.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:21 am

For his commitment and passion, he deserves to have teammates who cares a bit more for the club and plays with more heart. He is the modern personification of a the great players of yesteryears. Only thing is that he needs to add more consistency to his game but this part is also down to the headless players around him.
I just hope he and Owen gets a chance to win at least 1 championship medal with Liverpool, it would be a shame if he were to retire without at least 1...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:42 am

Starting to become one of the greats. But not in Vieira's league.

He'll be as good as Keane was... but Vieira has it all.
115-1073096938

Postby whylongball? » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:46 am

Owzat wrote:He could and maybe should be the best in the world. I am a little disappointed he hasn't become (even) more consistent

agree!! he should score more also, given his power he can score more from long shots
whylongball?

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:07 pm

Everyone was getting carried away earlier in the season when he signed his new contract, when in fact, he signed an eighteen month extension to his existing contract.

So in eighteen months, i.e. the end of next season, Liverpool will be back in the same position as they have just left behind.

He's definitely leaving his options open isn't he?  He's sent out a message to the club saying if they don't ship up soon, he'll ship out.  He's well within his rights, lets face it, he deserves to play with the best players in the best competitions. 

I'm sure he doesn't want to leave, but if Liverpool don't progress enough in the next eighteen months, I reckon he'll go at the end of next season before Liverpool lose him for nothing.  In would be more catastrophic than losing Michael Owen.

Who do you replace Steven Gerrard with?

It will be a very interesting 2004/5 season.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:01 pm

steven gerrard can potentially become a world class player but people forget that the guy is only 23 years old so is still 4-5 years off his peak. I personally rate vieira as the benchmark at the moment and i believe stevie can become that good if he keeps working at his game, especially his shooting. Obviously getting injured regularly doesn't help and i still feel that he needs to curb the urge to go into the odd tackle two-footed. However nobody can doubt his ability and importance to both club and country. England have never lost a game when he has played which is a good sign for the summer, and i still strongly feel that he is a future england captain. That is why it is vital for liverpool to be up there challenging for the league because a player of his stature is eventually going to want to move elsewhere to win things on the biggest stage.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:43 pm

The tackling is a worry, he does rather go in too often like that.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge