R we spose 2 n gtin rid of r bst players? - 2many plyers going

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Gerrard#1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:14 pm

Basically I think that we are getting rid of too many good players Murphy Owen the Gerrard scare. I mean common help me out plp is this really a gud idea? :Oo:
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:54 am

nobody wants owen to leave its just cos he wont sign a new contract that people think hes off. if we dont sell im and he doesnt sign a new contract then we get nthin for im next season.

as for murphy, i am disappointed hes off but he wasnt one of our best players.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:19 am

The bad thing is the doubt Owen has created about his commitment. Benitez doesn't seem the type of manager that puts up with too much of that(lack of commitment). Is Owen really in for the long haul with LFC or just the long haul for Michael Owen?A month back Michael  wanted Gerrard to stay, so he(Owen) could commit to a future with LFC. ....That ,I now doubt.

The other issue is what clause(if any) in his contract , made him baulk . Did he want some sort exit stage left, when it suited him? We'll probably never know. Or was it the call from Real? I hope he stays for a long time

However, if he wants to go to Real  or anywhere else, then "good luck Michael" and lets get on with winning the Premiership. He is worth a lot of $$$ right now and we could use the money.
                         I gotta go walk the dog.
:oops:
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:24 am

If we have to sell Owen, we must make sure we get the most out of his transfer or otherwise risk losing him on a Bosman like MacManaman.

I don't think that it is the intention of LFC to sell him, we are preparing ourselves to face the inevitable if he decided not to sigh the contract extension.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:02 pm

gerrard#1 is right. selling players like owen is not the way forward. we never were a selling club and certainly not one that let its best players move without trying to keep them. baros was disappointing last night and looked to lack the killer instinct that owen has. we cant let him go.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:08 pm

i don't want michael owen to go anymore than the next liverpool supporter but the fact of the matter is if cisse, baros, morientes are banging the goals in at the start of the season nobody will remember michael owen.

as for murphy, he was a decent player but anyone who thinks that xabi alonso (who will sign) is not a better replacement are kidding themselves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:43 pm

Its not just as player that Liverpool will lose if Owen goes.
He is very marketable and has help bring a lot of support around the world to Liverpool which in turn equates to that almighty dollar or pound in merchandising
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:16 am

laza wrote:Its not just as player that Liverpool will lose if Owen goes.
He is very marketable and has help bring a lot of support around the world to Liverpool which in turn equates to that almighty dollar or pound in merchandising

Hmmmm and there I was believing success on the football field makes you marketable  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:26 am

you are naive Ian my friend.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:32 am

I must be......... , 18 league titles, 4 European Cups , 7 League Cups, 4 FA Cups and 4 UEFA Cups obviously don't compare to Michael  "Nice Legs" Owen !!! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:40 am

of course they don't.  :;): , not amongst know nothing football fans, who follow players rather than the team.

take Beckham, how mnay people do you reckon jumped ship from Man Utd to Real when he left? millions?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:46 am

Well as soon as that media Slut (Beckham) left a geneartion of cockney's probably broke thier hearts for all of 10 mins until they realised they could watch Becks on SKY :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:59 am

How are lot of new fans around the world going to know about all that great history when you have biased media who dont seem to have any memory of anything before Premier league kicked off  :D
Your right about success brings the fans, the amount of youngsters wearing Arsenal shirts around here in Oz seems to have tripled in last couple of years and the MANCS shirts seem to be disappearing (which aint a bad thing)
Though hype unfortunately still plays a part and world famous face does wonders for your sales
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:25 am

Fans follow players, with the exception of those who know something about football.  Harry Kewell is a massive superstar here in Oz and I swear that Liverpool's sales in Oz doubled when they signed him.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:12 am

****** turncoat fans. :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge