Newspaper reports - Cisse and nando

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby joependo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:35 pm

From kop talk                                                                      Newspaper reports today claim that former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier was offered striker Djibril Cisse over the summer after Milan Baros turned down the opportunity to join Lyon. 

Houllier rates Cisse very highly hence why he splashed the cash on the player in the first place but with him getting the boot from the Anfield hot-seat, he never actually got to work with him.   

Manager Rafael Benitez has been dissatisfied with his strikers this season despite words from him to the contrary. We recently reported that Fernando Morientes was also offered to Aston Villa and newspaper reports today also make the same claims.

Truth be told, it would appear that the manager would be prepared to sell any of his big three but would prefer to sell in the order of Baros, Morientes and Cisse. Baros continues to be offered to Villa which looks a likely destination although we understand Newcastle United have recently made "gentle inquiries".

With only two weeks left to conclude any transfer business, Rafa must be starting to sweat. A centre-back and winger are needed and negotiations for the proposed signing of Michael Owen are ongoing.

think it is true
joependo

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:38 pm

well if  its on kop talk it must be true :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:22 pm

sell cisse my ars.e   take kop talk with a pinch of salt  i think they said last season rafa was being replaced kop talk is full of shi.te   no one takes kop talk seriously :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:34 pm

what a load of bollox, cisse misfiring? HES scored shedloads his summer.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:38 pm

one of the worst rumours i've ever read.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby misskop » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:50 am

Anything heard on "kop talk" ....> :talktothehand

Just lazy, foolish journalists at it again :O
misskop

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:02 am

I am a bit dissappointed that the times, and Le quipe are also running the same story, I would go off my head if Cisse left, but its probably just aload of BS.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:52 am

i've had enough with trusting koptalk :angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:54 am

It doesn't sound logical.

Nando is proven quality and Benithez knows so. It is more probabale that he will get 1 full season, and only after that will his fate be decided by Benithez, and not this at early juncture. Perhaps Benithez is more concerned with filling in the required positions to strengthen the squad and to have more workable alternatives. As is clear with Baros in that the boss needs to raise funds and free the wage bill to get more players in.

As for Cisse, he is stuck him with but could not get the best out of due to his horriffic injury last season. I am sure Benithez has been impressed by Cisse's attitude in getting back to full fitness in such a short time after such a horriffic injury.

Sounds like bollox to me.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ry_math » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:16 am

it WAS wrong :D
ry_math

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge