Macmanaman

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:13 am

Do you hate, cos I f*ck hate the c*nt, the way he told us fans that he would sign a new contract and he had no intention plus showing up to John Lennon airport with a Real Madrid pin badge in his lappel when he was flying out to play in Europe with LFC, arrrrrhhh I hate him so much, oh well were laughin last cos he only sat on the bench the c0cky skinny pr1ck  :p  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:32 am

A Bit harsh, have to say the way I heard it, (Could be totally wrong) was when GH took over he brokered a deal with Barcelona to sell Macca.

The latter waited in a hotel room with his agent in Barcelona whilst he was used as a pawn in Barcelona signing Overmars, On the way back to Liverpool he told his agent that if he wasn't wanted by GH, he would go on a Bosman to the Club that offered the best prospect's.

Two European cup winner's medals later he arrived in Scumville, where he is playing out his £50k a week salary for all it's worth!

Shrewd Businessman!

As I say this could be totally wrong, but it has been widespread over the last few month's that he didn't want to leave Anfield at all...... Bit like Robbie!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:44 am

Money,medals,but nobody takes him seriously as a footballer.He f.ucked up big time.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:47 am

Absolutly SPOT ON Glennbuck ........ Criticise Macca all you like but tyhe FACTS are Liverpool used him to try and get Overmars and allowed Macca to be stitched up by Barca.........???

Also he cost us NOTHING , he left for NOTHING. In his time at Liverpool when we had very ordinary players he shone like a beacon amidst the mediocrity so before you jump all over him remember his valuable contribution to Liverpool :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glenbuck patriot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:54 am

Agree;

Money , Medal's, now he is a joke!, then He wasn't, If as a player your told your services aren't required and it's made that simple, don't you think your decision would be aswell!

Don't get me wrong here I'm not sticking up for the guy, just understanding the decision/ reason why he left.

A lot of us will remember when during the mid 90's, he was the only guy out there trying, maybe he felt he couldn't pull his tripe out any longer whilst his teamates watched idly by!

I for one miss ( At his best) his creativity, on either wing's.

I also appreciate he has a LOT OF FAULTS, but for three seasons at Anfield he was a shining light and worth paying the money to watch!
Pirrie Labour Club 1976 Bill Shankly Prize giving at local ABA Championships.

"You've been booked in to do a three round exhibition bout tonight Bill."

" My fights don't last three rounds SON!"
glenbuck patriot

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:54 am

Macca could run all day for fun his energy level was perpetual and the grace with which he attacked was at times majestic ,so give stevie his place in our past he deserves that much respect.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leothelion » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:58 am

If we only had macca runing up the wing last 2 seasons don't think anyone would criticise him and I would be very slow to criticise anyone without the full facts and most of what was said about macca was speculation from what I saw he loved the club and would still come back
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:00 am

We all see Players actions in a  different light but memories are cheap and sometimes the facts are lost in the emotion.

Macca was stitched up good style by Liverpool FC and in the end went with my blessing. Yes ,I'd have liked a few bob for him but he served us well, never let us down where it matters, on the pitch and i was pleased he went on and made a career at Madrid :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:06 am

Macca was made by Liverpool,he earned twenty grand a week at Liverpool,he hasnt been nearly as effective a footballer since he left Liverpool.Macca fu.cked up by leaving Liverpool.Ask Sven Goran Erikkson.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:07 am

God, and how spot on would Macca at his peak be as the solution to our problems on the right now?

What I'd say on the matter is that I'd have loved to have seen him leave with similar dignity to that which GH was afforded. He was a good and loyal servant who slogged his guts out for the club when he was here, so I'd ask people to remember the good times and let all the ****** that was bandied about just lie.

To be honest, for the wondergoal against Celtic in the UEFA Cup alone he'll always get kind words from me.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:08 am

I'd stil take Macca as a Left Sided Player in the England Squad.

Leaving Liverpool Fc isn't the disaster many of us make it out to be here, remember when he retires and sees Championship and Champions League Medals with Real on his sideboard, I bet he won't be thinking he's ****** up then :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 am

But he could have done so much more.That bloke could have been the best if he had been bothered.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:17 am

He WAS bothered !!!!!! Very bothered. The way I see it When many fans of OTHER football clubs would argue its England before Your club , you will find in Liverpool there is LFC then an affilaiation to England not the other way around.

We got the very best years out of Macca and with Fowler who you could argue didn't make the most of his England Caeer either.

Whats important to me is what he does for LIVERPOOL and if Erickson's had a run in with him then so be it.......

On the England front, we have little chance of Winning Euro 2004 IMO but without Owen and Gerrard NO CHANCE !!!!!!! :p

Germany 1 Liverpool 5  (Owen 3, Gerrard, Heskey) :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:24 am

Macca moved on ,and a truly gifted player was'nt afforded the time in the Madrid team his abilities deserved,but he now has medals and memories to justify his descision ,and to score the winner in a european cup final ,come on seriously what price on that ? in the sparse time he was allowed in a Real Madrid shirt he excelled and dumping the Mancs out of europe in the Theatre of Queens absolutely priceless :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:38 am

Macca never achieved what he should have.He was just an add on to that Madrid team.He scored a goal in a CL final but he was never important to Madrid.He went there for the glamour not the football.He tried to persuade Fowler to leave on a free as well but thankfully Liverpool copped on to it.Macca is a waste.Pity,cos he could have been something special.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge