Loyalty - Footballers

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby kenco » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:40 pm

In this mornings press it's reported that Stevie Gerrard is ready to accept Chelsea's offer. Now i'am not saying that's true, but if it was, what price loyatly!.To play in the premiership these days even average players must feel like they have won the lottery every week of their lives,with what they earn. So please tell me the last player you remember putting his club before money?. Please don't reply with that ****** about football being a short career.The Last player i can remember putting his club before money was, Steve Bull of Wolves.
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:57 pm

Alan Shearer?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:58 pm

Harry Kewell?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:45 pm

Le Tissier :)

If i was on 10,000 a week playing for Liverpool from the age of 18 and was as good as Steven Gerrard they'd have me for as long as they wanted me... i'd never make a fuss for new contract (not saying i wouldn't accept a bigger one if it was offered... but i wouldn't ****** the club up tryiner get stupid money).

No amount of money or no cravings for success would ever make me leave even though i'm a naturally ambitious person.

I'd only consider leaving at the end of my career 33+ and that would only be if i felt i'd done all i could and it was time to move on.
115-1073096938

Postby big al » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:49 am

Stu loyalty is enough for many people but I think it was oscar Wilde who said "I'd rather sit twenty years from now and regret the things I did than the things I did'nt do".  Gerrard wants to be remembered just as all of us,  if another employer offered you a chance to go into the history books with more money would you take it?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:09 am

Loyalty... what like the lpyalty you've shown big al, in the topic you started "Benitez"... no loyalty is a cheap commodity now a days.. ay big al?
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:28 am

Zara, Big Al's more disappointed that Martin Oneil DIDN'T get the job than he is that Benitez DID ......To be fair to Big Al he is generally a decent poster but this time appears to have allowed his personal prefences (which he is entitled to ) to affect his posts.
For the record I wanted Alan Curbishly even though many disagreed but I'm not now almost wishing Benitez will fail so I can say "See, we should have gone for AC" To me that would be an absurd stand to take

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:33 am

Back to the question of "Loyalty" .............. I suppose in these days of extrotionate ticket prices, staggering wages, fickle charimen and transient managers the only real people who are truly LOYAL are the fans.

To accuse SG of disloyalty should he go would seem strange to me to be honest when he's watched the board at LFC sack a manager he saw as a father figure, invite investment from a dodgy foreign government, reject a genuine supporter ( Morgan) the opportunity to invest based on a  persoanlity clash , instruct stewards to eject fans who stand up during games and consistently fail to communicate to their fans news on the clubs financial dealings ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:35 am

Have you seen what this lot have been posting on this site since the announcemnet, Dalglish? I'm now convinced they are really fans of  Manc Scum Utd!

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:39 am

I think its geniuine disappointment that MO didn't get the job to be honest . As I said previously these particualr guys are generally good posters........

Some people are Half Empty and some are half full.......... However some are the kind who visit you in hospital, eat all your grapes and make you feel twice as ill !!!!!!! LOL

Personally i'd archive a few of the posts and bring it back to haunt them when benitez exceeds even their LOW expectations LOL :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:55 am

It was disappointing when no announcemnet was forthcoming... remember the expletives being banded around when Parry was on holiday?

Then an announcemnet is made... and this lot have pscho-analysed him... doomed him to fail and thought of who to replace him with?

I'm genuinely hopeful and can't wait for the new season to start...exciting times are ahead..but even if it gets rough before it gets better you'd hope the majority would remain loyal.. mind u reading thses posts makes it sound like the Boss has been theirfor 5 years and has failed? Not just signed a new contract?

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:04 am

I agree with you Zara and i'm genuinely excited as the new season approaches :p 

In Benitez we have a manager who has out-witted the richest club in the world (Real ), with a team bought on a budget, having to sell his big players season on season (thats for the detractors who say he inherited a winning side) and has rought his former team to Anfield twice and beat us not by playing negatiovely and hoping to snatch a breakaway goal but by playing quality football .....

The Spanish La Liga is in my opinion the strongest in the world and he's conquered it twice in 3 seasons. I'll be getting behind him like the vast majority of reds.................

Walk on ..... :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:55 am

Getting the loyalty in the way of million of pounds passing over your nose in the recent mouthwatering football industry?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redharry » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:12 am

At last someone tells it like it is.
Thanks Daglish for your words on loyalty.
Why should Steve show any loyalty to those who were disloyal to his mentor GH.
Loyalty is a double edged sword
Good luck Steve (if you go )
Lets hope our new manager finds out what the board regard as loyaly (soon I hope)
redharry

Postby redharry » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:15 am

Your turn next Michael then Carra and Muff then they can have it all to them selves with the EVER SO LOYAL Mr Kewell and the rest of the mercenaries LOYALTY MY A---
redharry

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge