Diao - We`ve not seen the best of him

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:08 pm

Just read on Lfc.tv, Diao says we haven`t seen the best of him yet. Felt an urging need to say "that`s a bloody relief"  :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:18 pm

:D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red_Si » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:18 pm

awful player...a scampering flat-footed goat.
Red_Si

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:22 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:Just read on Lfc.tv, Diao says we haven`t seen the best of him yet. Felt an urging need to say "that`s a bloody relief"  :D

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:27 pm

Red_Si wrote:awful player...a scampering flat-footed goat.

:D   :laugh:   :D   :laugh:

Must admit , I spent a lot of time thinking "surely he's gonna come good " and he has ! He's the best "flat footed goat" in the prem.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:34 pm

Hey come on he is our vieria, or should that be Vierias new cleaner?
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:38 pm

Despite not yet establishing himself as a first team regular, Senegal star Salif Diao remains confident he will get enough chances this season to show Liverpool fans what he's capable of.
By his own admission, Diao has been something of a disappointment since Gerard Houllier raided France to bring him to Anfield for a fee of £5 million after he impressed in the World Cup.

Despite Houllier's departure Diao says new manager Rafael Benitez has been honest and supportive towards him and promised he will give him a chance.

Diao told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I am confident I can show my best form at Liverpool and get into the team. If I wasn't confident I wouldn't be staying here but I'm confident I can do well here.

"The season is very long, we have too many games and there is a part for everybody to play. The most important thing is the team, it's not just Salif, Didi or Igor Biscan.

"I enjoyed the Chelsea game and thought I did well. I know I need more games to get my level of fitness right and. When I first arrived at the club I was playing regularly in the Premiership. Everyone could see that I was doing well and I just need three of four games now to get my level back. I am very confident that we will see the best of Salif.

"I prefer to play in central midfield because in my opinion I can give a lot to the team in that position. I have played right back and centre half and I am here for the club so if they need me even as a striker, then I will play there. The most important thing is to do your best.

"At the beginning of the season I talked a lot with the manager Rafael Benitez and he let me know that if I worked very hard I would get my chance. I am working hard every day in training and hopefully will get two or three games playing consecutively to get my fitness. It's very difficult when you just play one game and then you are back on the bench.

"It's the boss that has to decide which player is ready for which game. It is like when you are hunting and you need to take the right bullet for the right animal."

Fans will recall that last season Diao was played at centre half by the previous manager Gerard Houllier during the Carling Cup match with Bolton Wanderers at Anfield. Diao suffered criticism when he gave away a free-kick which Okocha scored from and then gave away a penalty in the last minute to give Bolton a 3-2 win. Diao didn't play any further part in the season and spent the rest of the campaign in the reserves.

Diao said: "It was a very difficult time for me. I had the chance to prove myself and maybe I wanted to do too much. If you take out the penalty I gave away in the last minute of the game I thought I played very well. It was a good experience and you learn from these things."

The Senegal international is hoping Liverpool can bounce back from the defeat at Chelsea by beating Fulham on Saturday. In the Fulham squad is Diao's Senegal team-mate Papa Bouba Diop.

Diao said: "He is a good player, and very strong and good in the air so we will have to watch him. Fulham are a good side and it will be another tough game like it is every week in England. We will be ready for that game."

Diao != Football Player

I sooo hope he gets sold in January.

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:29 pm

My dog plays better football, well at least he tries too. Diao should Giao Niao. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:55 pm

stmichael wrote:I sooo hope he gets sold in January.

I read your post were you volountered in helping Biscan with packing his bags. If I joined in, we might just have time for a swing by at Diao`s house afterwards, and maybe get him ready for the road aswell ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:16 am

stmichael wrote:By his own admission, Diao has been something of a disappointment since Gerard Houllier raided France to bring him to Anfield for a fee of £5 million after he impressed in the World Cup.

Understatement of the Season so far  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:17 am

Daio and Biscan ............Enough said ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:52 am

My dog should replace Diao.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:08 am

Thats a  bit harsh .................. on the Dog :D
Dalglish