David raven - Talented yougsters

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:20 am

Just read on lfc.tv that David Raven gave a mature and classy display at centre half during the Englan under 20s 1-0 win over Holland.

Both Mark Smyth and David Mannix are mentioned in the same article, and according to this it seems that they too gave a good account to themselves during the same game.

As it is hard to eye up the way these yougsters are playing when living in Norway, I just wondered if anyone have got views on what can be expected from these talented youngsters in the future.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:12 am

I really hope we bring some good quality youngsters though and they get a chance in the side with Beni unlike with GH :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:12 am

Is Raven quick? A pacey centre-half would be handy! :)  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:55 pm

It seems to me that we have been quit good at spotting local yougsters at an early age, (most recent names like Fowler, Owen, Carra, Gerrard, Redknapp, mcMoneyman) and if we can`t compete with the bigger clubs when it comes to cash available for spending on transfers, the Academy and up-coming yougsters will be of great importance.

But as I said earlier in this thread, it`s hard to be fully updated on these yougsters, because there is very little coverage in the medias on players such as Raven. I`ve got my fingeres crossed that there are a new Fowler or Gerrard amongst our next generation footballers  :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:22 pm

He's a player who has been looking good for the reserves and has progressed well so far, perhaps we might have to wait till next year to see him at first team level tho :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge