Who was our best ever supersub? - In honour of supersub!

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:54 pm

The most important asset to winning anything is the ability to score goals.To me if you don't score you won't win.Gerrard Houllier has a different perspective;he believes if you don't concede you invariably win.But that's not true,it's more likely if you defend for most of the game,you might not lose but your chances of winning are greatly reduced.
        Forgive me for retreating back into the archives of history but i've been doing a little research and it consistently comes up with the same answer;score a lot of goals and and you're in with more than a good chance of winning the league title.It's important to have goal-scorers in your team.If your front two are notching 35 goals upwards between them, great and your midfield chip in with a reasonable share of 30-35 then your doing fine.Emile Heskey's strike rate is insufficient and the amount from midfield is derisory.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:41 pm

im with u ss
winners score goals
its the name of the game...
we cant be a high scoring team b/c gh has too many players getting behind the ball too often...let the defence do their job and let the strikers do theirs...let the defenders be less dependant on the strikers dropping back and give the strikers more room to be cheeky and get away into open spaces when were defending...
jaypap

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games