Shrewsbury vs Liverpool - FA Cup - Sun 26 Jan @ 5pm - BBC 1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby eds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:50 am

Klopp’s already spoken about it and is adamant we will only play the kids for the replay.

After the shambles which saw our kids take the field against Aston Villa while our seniors were halfway around the world playing another game within 24 hours and now this whole farce of scheduling the replay during this inaugural “winter break” I think he has had enough of the FA and their inability to plan.

It’s a ridiculous situation they have put us in again.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:48 am

I have no regrets, LFC have bigger fish to fry and quite frankly that side whould have won anyway, so congratulations to Shrewsbury and I hope the Anfield replay makes them some money.

ManU played their first team to beat Tranmere because they're desperate. It's not a ManU complement to Tranmere, it's a sign of how bad United have become so our draw whilst playing the boys and insisting we'll stay with the boys knowing that United should have done the same makes a mockery of OGS who still continues to make countless references to Liverpool.

Game on, but we should have won 4-0 last night if we're honest.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:31 am

It's clear some of the 1st teamers need game time not a break...they are returning from long lay offs and I think they would be better served getting another 90 minutes under their belt against "weaker opposition" before entering the fray in the Premier league...I would field the same team in the replay... subs to be announced...the rest of the 1st team can have a break....but I feel Jurgen has decided to put 2 fingers up at the FA.

FOOTNOTE; I would have a different take on this predicament if our lead at the top was 10 points and under, but with such a big lead with a game in hand and weekend fixtures to played before any replay no decision needed to be taken yet.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 am

supersub » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:31 am wrote:It's clear some of the 1st teamers need game time not a break...they are returning from long lay offs and I think they would be better served getting another 90 minutes under their belt against "weaker opposition" before entering the fray in the Premier league...I would field the same team in the replay... subs to be announced...the rest of the 1st team can have a break....but I feel Jurgen has decided to put 2 fingers up at the FA.

FOOTNOTE; I would have a different take on this predicament if our lead at the top was 10 points and under, but with such a big lead with a game in hand and weekend fixtures to played before any replay no decision needed to be taken yet.

I think there is a dressing room issue here too. Most of the lads would have booked time off to go away with their wife and kids or visit parents in their homeland so Klopp may be thinking it wouldn't seem fair to smile and wave good buy to some of the players as they go off on a weeks holiday and then turn around and says to others that they'll have to cancel their plans because they are playing against Shrewsbury. Could cause issues in the dressing room. I think it's bit about taking a stand but also looking at internal issues too.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:28 am

Klopp is absolutely spot on saying this! How the f*ck dare the FA do this? The premier League have told clubs 'no games to be scheduled during the winter break' and along come the FA and schedule a reply right in the break? Well this is Klopp saying 'Up yours FA!'
I hope it degrades your f*cking stupid FA Cup you bunch of n@b jockeys!

Klopp - Play the kids and f*ck this off.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:44 am

My focus is on the Premiership and the CL so in  all honestly I'm not arsed about the result, but the performance, even though it was our "second string", was unacceptable. 

Happy to see Shrewsbury get a day out at Anfield, I think that'll be about as far as they go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 am

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:44 am wrote:My focus is on the Premiership and the CL so in  all honestly I'm not arsed about the result, but the performance, even though it was our "second string", was unacceptable. 

Happy to see Shrewsbury get a day out at Anfield, I think that'll be about as far as they go.

I am with you on that, I reckon some thought it was going to be a walk in the park.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:08 pm

It was a game-changer by the incompetent referee and his team to award a penalty when it was clearly a free-kick outside the box at least by two feet!! I never watch the rest, however, it was odd and lazy one-off performance by the kids and the injured resty players, I would not bother too much about it.  I think the kids will win the reply and progress to the next round.

Let us concentrate on winning the game against West Ham.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:19 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:59 am wrote:
supersub » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:31 am wrote:It's clear some of the 1st teamers need game time not a break...they are returning from long lay offs and I think they would be better served getting another 90 minutes under their belt against "weaker opposition" before entering the fray in the Premier league...I would field the same team in the replay... subs to be announced...the rest of the 1st team can have a break....but I feel Jurgen has decided to put 2 fingers up at the FA.

I think there is a dressing room issue here too. Most of the lads would have booked time off to go away with their wife and kids or visit parents in their homeland so Klopp may be thinking it wouldn't seem fair to smile and wave good buy to some of the players as they go off on a weeks holiday and then turn around and says to others that they'll have to cancel their plans because they are playing against Shrewsbury. Could cause issues in the dressing room. I think it's bit about taking a stand but also looking at internal issues too.

^^^ This

The lads have given EVERYTHING this season and Klopp's looking out for them, rather than worrying about a week in the sun.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:10 am

It’s a tough one for me to comment on because I’m not a fan of mid winter breaks, we’ve gone from 1888-2020 without them and I don’t see the need for them now. Football has always been attritional in this country, thats just part of the character of the English game.
And let’s face it you just know that in a couple of years we’ll be playing friendlies against United in Dubai and all that carry on.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:03 am

I don't care about winter break or not BUT the team knew the conditions well in advance.
The premier league and the FA is NOT the same and just cause there will be no league games during a "break" there can still
be cup games. As they failed to win this game(yeah, it's a failure) they KNEW there would be a replay during this so called break.
But they didn't give a flying **** about that or the competition. And I know the FA cup has lost its for the big clubs, but it is still massive for everyone else.
It would be extremely embarassing to lose to a league 1 team at home in a FA cup tie.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:19 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:44 am wrote:My focus is on the Premiership and the CL so in  all honestly I'm not arsed about the result, but the performance, even though it was our "second string", was unacceptable. 

When I posted the above I was assuming that the team for the replay would again be laced with senior players needing game time and Jurgen would be there.

Given it's now looking like it'll be an exclusively U23 side and no Jurgen I think Shrewsbury have every chance of progressing   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:10 am wrote:It’s a tough one for me to comment on because I’m not a fan of mid winter breaks, we’ve gone from 1888-2020 without them and I don’t see the need for them now. Football has always been attritional in this country, thats just part of the character of the English game.
And let’s face it you just know that in a couple of years we’ll be playing friendlies against United in Dubai and all that carry on.

Yakka, the winter break doesn't disadvantage any club in the EPL as we all suffer the same situation.

Champions League is very different though and rested european teams come back to the competition with players fit and rested whereas our lads are very fatigued after the usual suicidal christmas and new year programme. So the call for a winter break isn't EPL related, its CL focused.

It also gives the under performing teams like United time to get their sh!t together.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Suspect a lot of first team players and staff have organised holidays or to visit family during the break. That said we should have got it done at Shrewsbury. Think it's a 50/50 game tonight but bookies have us as firm favourites with the Anfield crowd behind the boys.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:20 pm

Have a look at the line up. Personally, I do think it's taking the pi$$ just a tad...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games