Pre-season fixtures 20/21

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Well, our title defence starts today in Austria.
It looks like it’s going to be yet another quiet transfer window (for us, certainly not for some of our rivals) so we could do with some of the younger/fringe players really stepping up to the plate this pre-season. IMO to have any chance of defending our title we need to see big things from Naby this year, he should be a regular starter at this point given his talent, Minamino was improving as last season draw to a close but we need to see more from him too. It’s a big pre season for Brewster too, he needs to make himself a member of the first team squad, if he goes out on loan again I fear for the lads Liverpool career, I’m praying that he scores a ton of goals between now and the start of the season.
If he could stay here and chip in with say 10+ goals over the course of campaign he could be a game changer, Bobby needs back up/genuine competition, Brewster needs to step up to the plate just like Fowler/Owen/Hunt/Rush did in their day when they were young players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:19 pm

It would have been nice if we kept going in the CL but one of the positives from dropping out is that we can have a normal pre-season, unlike some other teams in this league and in Europe. Hopefully, this will give us a bit of an edge over the likes of City and United for the upcoming season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Decent performance by the lads in tough conditions, nice to see the likes of Naby and Brewster get on the scoresheet. Thought Joe G looked sharp first half as did Taki the second. Decent debut for Tsimkas too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am

damjan193 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm wrote:It would have been nice if we kept going in the CL but one of the positives from dropping out is that we can have a normal pre-season, unlike some other teams in this league and in Europe. Hopefully, this will give us a bit of an edge over the likes of City and United for the upcoming season.

Agreed. Klopp has always said a good pre-season is vital. And this is the first time in years we've had a good break and a lots of time to prepare.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:24 am

damjan193 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm wrote:It would have been nice if we kept going in the CL but one of the positives from dropping out is that we can have a normal pre-season, unlike some other teams in this league and in Europe. Hopefully, this will give us a bit of an edge over the likes of City and United for the upcoming season.

Agreed. Klopp has always said a good pre-season is vital. And this is the first time in years we've had a good break and a lots of time to prepare.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Weak first half against Salzburg, not very sharp going forward and quite vulnerable on the counter. Improved slightly near the end of the half but all in all not good enough for our first 11. Hope they bring a better game against Arsenal in the Community Shield.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Defending with a high line probably wasnt the best idea against a team like them, we were lucky it was only 2, how that fella missed that header God only knows, I was waiting for the net to bulge, mind you we missed a few ourselves.
Brewster certainly knows where the net is though, that second goal in particular was a great finish.
Agree with dj though, if we play like that against Arsenal we will get our @rses kicked.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Did well to come back from 2 down. There will be times when we wont be so fortunate so our front 3 need to start putting those half chances away. Its painful watching them at times.

Brewster did well coming on and scoring 2 but hard to know if he is ready for us yet. Definitely an eye for goal though.

No Origi in the squad so maybe he's close to the door.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games