Postby Santa » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:52 pm

So many things to talk about but a win is a win. FT 3-2
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:55 pm

Nice to win and rest some players.

But we should have put it to bed in the first half.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Not perfect but good enough to get off to a winning start. Delighted that we look to be getting our pace back as well. Pressed extremely well tonight.

Motm for me was Hendo. Kept the tempo going and got rewarded with a good goal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:59 pm

How anyone could ever knock Hendo baffles me. He's the absolute driving force in this team... he shouted all game never let any of our players become complacent. Massive win and glad he got the winner aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:19 am

Not perfect but we got the 3 points and rested a few players. Was surprised to see Origi starting, but he did alright, providing a nice assist to Salah. Results in our group went our way as well.

One thing that bothers me though is our defence without Virgil in it. Neither Matip nor Gomez had bad games but we still leaked two goals out of nothing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:28 am

Cracking match. I’ve often said that success in any sport is largely down to attitude and desire. Without that skill is secondary. How are you deal with adversity also goes a long way towards achieving your goals. Sh1t lads I’m beginning to sound like a life coach. My point is that the Reds demonstrated these attributes in bucket loads last night. It would’ve been very easy after half time when we were losing 2-1 to have dropped our heads and felt sorry for ourselves. Liverpool however we’re having none of that and went after Milan like a turbo charged express train. Brilliant stuff from Origi, Salah and Henderson got us the result we deserved.

Milan should know by now that we are dangerous when we’re losing !! Loved the poster in the Kop saying “there are places I’ll remember all my life” !! Thought the fans were brilliant.

On a side note I was pleased that Mo missed a penalty in a game that we won. He was definitely due a miss.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:41 am

A hurried team display that it was littered with too many mistakes and awful finishing (chronic problem), however, we won.
The clumsy Matip was at fault with the two of Milan's goals, we could have lost this game easily! 
The outstanding player was Fabinho along with Henderson.
Origi remains a dud, he was awful no contribution whatsoever, he was in the team by name and not by effort, no wonder no clubs come for him.

Good luck lads against Palace.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Tommy Smith » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:41 am wrote:A hurried team display that it was littered with too many mistakes and awful finishing (chronic problem), however, we won.
The clumsy Matip was at fault with the two of Milan's goals, we could have lost this game easily! 
The outstanding player was Fabinho along with Henderson.
Origi remains a dud, he was awful no contribution whatsoever, he was in the team by name and not by effort, no wonder no clubs come for him.

Good luck lads against Palace.

:D

Seen that post somewhere else

Did Origi not provide the assist for Mo’s goal ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 am

Great game and LFC dominated but of course we need to learn to kill a game.

Hendo is turning into a Souness style of leader, leading by example and driving his team mates to produce their best. What a wonderful player and captain he's turned out to be.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 am

Wednesday night's game was just a terrific game of football, great to see us press like that i.e high up the pitch with real purpose and not just going through the motions.
I thought everyone played well....even Origi, thought Robbo probably had his best game for 12 months as well.
This is a tough group where home form will be crucial so it was important that we got the job done, Atletico are under a bit of pressure already after only drawing at home against Porto, every fixture they play now looks tough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games