Liverpool v spurs player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Reina - 8 : if it wasn't for his saves we would have been 4-1 down

Johnson - 7 : good solid debut, I don't think he made so many mistakes, superb run that gave us the penalty, very promising indeed

Skrtel - 6 : looked nervous after his jaw injury, conceded a freekick that led the first spurs goals, didn't win headers.

Carragher - 6 : I thought he had a decent game, he maybe 2 fantastic tackles in the game, though he should quit hoofing.

Insua - 5 : Not the best of the games for the little argie, ineffective on the left, defencively he was sound, but going forward not much.

Kuyt - 5 : Not the Kuyt of the second half form of last season, lost possession, alot of attacks broke down from his side.

Lucas - 5 : was actually doing well in the first half, then he was poor in the second, can't challenge for his life, not even tackle properly, showed his basic 5 yards passes.

Mascherano - 6 : Did better in the second, some quality challenges, and showed alot of energy, hard working display but it didn't help him when he had lucas beside him.

Gerrard - 6 : not the best of games, well taken penalty but was starved of service.

Babel - 0 : Babel who? he is :censored: awful, did :censored: the whole 60 minutes.

Torres - 5 : for his standards an absolutely poor display, maybe because he couldn't get anywhere on the ball, looked average, I hope he picks up his game!!!

Subs:

Benayoun - 7 : Jeebus, we were a changed side when he was introduced, showed his quality, passed well and intelligent runs. He did 10 times more things in 20 minutes than Babel did in 60.

Voronin - 5 : could have had a penalty, didn't have enough time to change the course of the game.

Ayala - 6 : didn't do much wrong I thought, closed defeo well at times, won a couple of headers, was untroubled.
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:16 pm

To be honest id rather just look ahead to Wednesday. It was a bad all round performance that did improve somewhat in the 2nd half but generally everyone looked like they were in pre season mode still.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 pm

I agree with most of them mate, but I thought you were a bit too generous with Babel  :p
account deleted by request

Postby sgs » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

I thought Carra was poor...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

not much to say really, just i hope we sign a few creative players and a striker as a option soon or else we are :censored: this season
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

s@int wrote:I agree with most of them mate, but I thought you were a bit too generous with Babel  :p

I should give a -1000000 for him then.. :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:I agree with most of them mate, but I thought you were a bit too generous with Babel  :p

I should give a -1000000 for him then.. :D

As I said before in the other thread, I don't blame Rafa for playing Babel today  he didn't know he was going to play that BADLY. Babel was doing great in pre-season and played really well in the international match against England, so I think its sensible to say that he deserved his chance today.

However, he :censored: big time :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Well from where i was....it really looked like gerrard didn't trust lucas a lot. Someone mentioned it here before. He was too close to lucas (in case lucas c@cksup or he fancies him :p)....

If we had someone better there....i am sure gerrard would have supported torres even more.

Hopefully gerrard goes back to midfield until aquaman comes back...  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Real Deal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:42 pm

metalhead wrote:Reina - 8 : if it wasn't for his saves we would have been 4-1 down

Johnson - 7 : good solid debut, I don't think he made so many mistakes, superb run that gave us the penalty, very promising indeed

Skrtel - 6 : looked nervous after his jaw injury, conceded a freekick that led the first spurs goals, didn't win headers.

Carragher - 6 : I thought he had a decent game, he maybe 2 fantastic tackles in the game, though he should quit hoofing.

Insua - 5 : Not the best of the games for the little argie, ineffective on the left, defencively he was sound, but going forward not much.

Kuyt - 5 : Not the Kuyt of the second half form of last season, lost possession, alot of attacks broke down from his side.

Lucas - 5 : was actually doing well in the first half, then he was poor in the second, can't challenge for his life, not even tackle properly, showed his basic 5 yards passes.

Mascherano - 6 : Did better in the second, some quality challenges, and showed alot of energy, hard working display but it didn't help him when he had lucas beside him.

Gerrard - 6 : not the best of games, well taken penalty but was starved of service.

Babel - 0 : Babel who? he is :censored: awful, did :censored: the whole 60 minutes.

Torres - 5 : for his standards an absolutely poor display, maybe because he couldn't get anywhere on the ball, looked average, I hope he picks up his game!!!

Subs:

Benayoun - 7 : Jeebus, we were a changed side when he was introduced, showed his quality, passed well and intelligent runs. He did 10 times more things in 20 minutes than Babel did in 60.

Voronin - 5 : could have had a penalty, didn't have enough time to change the course of the game.

Ayala - 6 : didn't do much wrong I thought, closed defeo well at times, won a couple of headers, was untroubled.

Hi metal head. I feel you are just starting this topic to let off some steam maybe dude? Hmmmmm?

C'mon Babel was a 2 at least.!

Benayoun made a huge difference. I'd have given him a 7 at least for his effort,

All others..6.5 today. not great but only one game after a poor pre-season.

Carra was doing ok till he nutted Skrtel in the Jaw lol.

took skrtel out so Can't rate hime fairly I'm afraid.
Last edited by The Real Deal on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Real Deal

Postby only me » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Rafa - 4

Again not playing our best 11 ,Again not bringing quality players (Except johnson) ,Again keeping poor players.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I agree metalhead..0 for Babel.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Reina 8/10 Made two great saves and was generally good with his distribution

Johnson 7/10 Good debut and showed something that we have been lacking from a fullback for years, was good going forward and solid at the back. His run for the penalty was excellent.

Carrager 6/10 Was ok, could have done better for the second goal and his distribution was average, still feel he suffers when not next to a Hyppia type player to win headers, and what the hell was that clash of heads about with Skretl? plain daft from Carra it wasnt his ball to win, and he should have left well alone, hope there both not to badly hurt.

Skretl 6/10 decent performance, but im still far from convinced he should be our starting centre back, not a patch on Hyypia at his best.

Insua 6/10 Tried to get forward but was careless and sloppy in possesion at times, still needs work but is starting to look comfortable in the first team, i would stick with him for the forseeable future.

Kuyt 5/10 Poor i thought, which was disapointing considering he had a good game versus England in midweek. He created barely anything, and really struggled against Ekkoto who is a very average left back.

Lucas 5/10 Any one still not missing Alonso? Lucas was anomymous, he just cant get himself in to games and is not even close to good enough at this level. He tried but just have what it takes, i think he touched the ball about 10 times today, compare that to how Alonso used to dictate the midfield for us. I really hope this Aquilani guy is good, because god help us if Lucas is a regular this year!

Mascherano 6/10 played his usual game, but we were crying out for creativity and your not gonna get any from centre midfield with a pairing of Mascherano and Lucas.

Gerrard 6/10 Pretty average by his standards, struggled to get in the game, especially in the first half but he improved in the 2nd half.

Babel 3/10 Awful, just awful. Surely his time is up now? i personally have lost all faith in him. Has all the physicals needed to be a top player, but lacks the desire, passion and heart to make it at the top level.

Torres 5/10 Had only scraps of service to work with, but he was poor today by his lofty standards. Just didnt look up for it all game, but you no he'll be back. far to good to produce a performance like that this one again.

Subs

Benayoun 8/10 When he came on he gave the whole team a lift with his silky dribbles and probing passes, he was lively and looked sharp. He must start the next game.

Ayala 6/10 not much to do, but was ok.

Voronin 4/10 Terrible player dont even know why he was on the bench, just give him away for free to someone so we can be rid of him.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 pm

metalhead wrote:Reina - 8 : if it wasn't for his saves we would have been 4-1 down

Subs:

good ratings mate which i agree with,however Lucas for me was as bad as babel so he get's- 0 from me aswell.

torres would of been given more,but it wasn't his fault he was starved of service.

let's hope the ratings on wednesday are alot more fecking higher alround than today!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby red_guy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Babel 3/10 Awful, just awful. Surely his time is up now? i personally have lost all faith in him. Has all the physicals needed to be a top player, but lacks the desire, passion and heart to make it at the top level.

one more point missed - He lacks intelligence.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:55 pm

The Real Deal wrote:

Subs:

Hi metal head. I feel you are just starting this topic to let off some steam maybe dude? Hmmmmm?

C'mon Babel was a 2 at least.!

Benayoun made a huge difference. I'd have given him a 7 at least for his effort,

All others..6.5 today. not great but only one game after a poor pre-season.

Carra was doing ok till he nutted Skrtel in the Jaw lol.

took skrtel out so Can't rate hime fairly I'm afraid.

No mate, I usually post ratings after each game I watch, just to get a discussion going plus it enjoyable for people who havn't watched the game to read the ratings as well to get how the match went.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games