Liverpool v Spudz

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

[quote

Ultimately the officials decided this game   :kungfu:[/quote]

Now lets move on...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:28 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:31 am wrote:Penalty decisions aside I just think that game doesn't bode well for our top 4 chances, to me Spurs clearly looked the better side and that was in our backyard, considering we are only 2 points ahead of them and there's still a third of the season to go we'll be doing well to still be above them come the end of May.


Spurs looked the better side ? I disagree. We bossed the first half and were a tad unlucky not to be 2 or even 3 up at half time.

2nd half belonged to Spurs as we clearly tired and fell off them BUT apart from a great strike for thier equalizer I thought they threatend but weren't convincing and we were always capable of grabbing another goal.

Ultimately the officials decided this game   :kungfu:


I agree mate,we let them play in areas that could do us less damage,in fact I think the way our defense moved out to play them offside was the most efficient use of this Ive seen from this Liverpool team,we should have two extra points today and we were denied those because of Spudz players dropping quicker than the fucking pound ! I think our old mate Yakka is just a bit disillusioned with everything Liverpool at the minute and its coming through in most of his posts . I think we as a fan base need to move on from this despondent shite regarding losing the duplicitous one and start championing the players we still have.
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8171
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 pm

Seriously RBG, if you think that second half performance was part of some defensive master plan then you need to go and watch the game again.
The only reason we got a draw out of that game was because for once our back 4 and keeper turned up, we were completely over run in the middle of the park in fact i thought it was embarrassing, the stats seem to back me up, I saw one today that stated Spurs had more possession than any away side at our place since about 2002.
Even when Barcelona rocked up with Ronaldinho, Iniesta and a young Messi they didn't have as much possession as Spurs did yesterday.
Bottom line is that our midfield is made up entirely of yeomen and workhorses, all they bring to the table is hard work and effort, there's no craft or genuine class in there, I like Emre but I have to admit I like him because he's got a big heart, he's strong and he gets stuck in but I'm under no illusions the lad is not a great passer or anything like that.
We sold the one midfield player we had with any class for £140m and chose not to replace him.
Spurs to me looked the better side and thats not being negative thats being truthful, they battered United midweek and gave us the runaround on our own patch so make no mistake we have got our hands full trying to finish above them.
They are 2 points behind us with a third of the season to go and hand on heart i don't think we'll do it, I think our only hope of getting in the top 4 is finishing above Chelsea or United, at this point in time to me Spurs just look a better team than us.
Mind you we just sold our best player and they didn't so what do you expect I suppose.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 9988
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby only me » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:Seriously RBG, if you think that second half performance was part of some defensive master plan then you need to go and watch the game again.
The only reason we got a draw out of that game was because for once our back 4 and keeper turned up, we were completely over run in the middle of the park in fact i thought it was embarrassing, the stats seem to back me up, I saw one today that stated Spurs had more possession than any away side at our place since about 2002.
Even when Barcelona rocked up with Ronaldinho, Iniesta and a young Messi they didn't have as much possession as Spurs did yesterday.
Bottom line is that our midfield is made up entirely of yeomen and workhorses, all they bring to the table is hard work and effort, there's no craft or genuine class in there, I like Emre but I have to admit I like him because he's got a big heart, he's strong and he gets stuck in but I'm under no illusions the lad is not a great passer or anything like that.
We sold the one midfield player we had with any class for £140m and chose not to replace him.
Spurs to me looked the better side and thats not being negative thats being truthful, they battered United midweek and gave us the runaround on our own patch so make no mistake we have got our hands full trying to finish above them.
They are 2 points behind us with a third of the season to go and hand on heart i don't think we'll do it, I think our only hope of getting in the top 4 is finishing above Chelsea or United, at this point in time to me Spurs just look a better team than us.
Mind you we just sold our best player and they didn't so what do you expect I suppose.


Good post mate ,Spurs look a better team and has a deeper squad..We will have to be extremely lucky and hope all our top guns remain healthy and playing well to keep our top 4 position.
only me
LFC Super Member
 
Posts: 4753
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Location: Jerusalem

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:Seriously RBG, if you think that second half performance was part of some defensive master plan then you need to go and watch the game again.
The only reason we got a draw out of that game was because for once our back 4 and keeper turned up, we were completely over run in the middle of the park in fact i thought it was embarrassing, the stats seem to back me up, I saw one today that stated Spurs had more possession than any away side at our place since about 2002.
Even when Barcelona rocked up with Ronaldinho, Iniesta and a young Messi they didn't have as much possession as Spurs did yesterday.
Bottom line is that our midfield is made up entirely of yeomen and workhorses, all they bring to the table is hard work and effort, there's no craft or genuine class in there, I like Emre but I have to admit I like him because he's got a big heart, he's strong and he gets stuck in but I'm under no illusions the lad is not a great passer or anything like that.
We sold the one midfield player we had with any class for £140m and chose not to replace him.
Spurs to me looked the better side and thats not being negative thats being truthful, they battered United midweek and gave us the runaround on our own patch so make no mistake we have got our hands full trying to finish above them.
They are 2 points behind us with a third of the season to go and hand on heart i don't think we'll do it, I think our only hope of getting in the top 4 is finishing above Chelsea or United, at this point in time to me Spurs just look a better team than us.
Mind you we just sold our best player and they didn't so what do you expect I suppose.


Firstly I never believed he was our best player so with that in my mind it kind of buries that particular argument ,I know you do, so any further discourse on that subject is fruitless. Secondly we had the lions share of possession at their yard and look how that turned out ! I agree about the midfield needing someone with boundless energy but at this moment in time we simply don't possess that player or at least until Henderson is fully match fit or Lallana/Boston Strangler is available again. In truth I would say that until their goal we could afford to let Spurs have the ball because it was in areas that couldn't harm us and if I'm honest and you're prepared to be as equally as candid Spurs were toothless in attack and with our defense performing so well with pushing out to catch their runners offside I think they were manageable and afforded the time on the ball because of this new found understanding betwixt our defenders. I think the game as a contest should have been put away in that first half when Spurs were chasing shadows. I certainly don't think that having the Brazilian in our middle or supporting the attack would have made us any more combative than we were,we needed a player capable of keeping the ball moving in the middle and we certainly had that in spades in the first half but Henderson was always going to run out of steam having only just come back into the team after his injury and Milner or indeed Can simply aren't players with those particular qualities.
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8171
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:Seriously RBG, if you think that second half performance was part of some defensive master plan then you need to go and watch the game again.
The only reason we got a draw out of that game was because for once our back 4 and keeper turned up, we were completely over run in the middle of the park in fact i thought it was embarrassing, the stats seem to back me up, I saw one today that stated Spurs had more possession than any away side at our place since about 2002.
Even when Barcelona rocked up with Ronaldinho, Iniesta and a young Messi they didn't have as much possession as Spurs did yesterday.
Bottom line is that our midfield is made up entirely of yeomen and workhorses, all they bring to the table is hard work and effort, there's no craft or genuine class in there, I like Emre but I have to admit I like him because he's got a big heart, he's strong and he gets stuck in but I'm under no illusions the lad is not a great passer or anything like that.
We sold the one midfield player we had with any class for £140m and chose not to replace him.
Spurs to me looked the better side and thats not being negative thats being truthful, they battered United midweek and gave us the runaround on our own patch so make no mistake we have got our hands full trying to finish above them.
They are 2 points behind us with a third of the season to go and hand on heart i don't think we'll do it, I think our only hope of getting in the top 4 is finishing above Chelsea or United, at this point in time to me Spurs just look a better team than us.
Mind you we just sold our best player and they didn't so what do you expect I suppose.


Firstly I never believed he was our best player so with that in my mind it kind of buries that particular argument ,I know you do, so any further discourse on that subject is fruitless. Secondly we had the lions share of possession at their yard and look how that turned out ! I agree about the midfield needing someone with boundless energy but at this moment in time we simply don't possess that player or at least until Henderson is fully match fit or Lallana/Boston Strangler is available again. In truth I would say that until their goal we could afford to let Spurs have the ball because it was in areas that couldn't harm us and if I'm honest and you're prepared to be as equally as candid Spurs were toothless in attack and with our defense performing so well with pushing out to catch their runners offside I think they were manageable and afforded the time on the ball because of this new found understanding betwixt our defenders. I think the game as a contest should have been put away in that first half when Spurs were chasing shadows. I certainly don't think that having the Brazilian in our middle or supporting the attack would have made us any more combative than we were,we needed a player capable of keeping the ball moving in the middle and we certainly had that in spades in the first half but Henderson was always going to run out of steam having only just come back into the team after his injury and Milner or indeed Can simply aren't players with those particular qualities.


I'll answer this properly when I get more time but I must admit I laughed out loud when I read the bit in bold/underlined.
I've just come from that thread.
:laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 9988
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:54 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:Seriously RBG, if you think that second half performance was part of some defensive master plan then you need to go and watch the game again.
The only reason we got a draw out of that game was because for once our back 4 and keeper turned up, we were completely over run in the middle of the park in fact i thought it was embarrassing, the stats seem to back me up, I saw one today that stated Spurs had more possession than any away side at our place since about 2002.
Even when Barcelona rocked up with Ronaldinho, Iniesta and a young Messi they didn't have as much possession as Spurs did yesterday.
Bottom line is that our midfield is made up entirely of yeomen and workhorses, all they bring to the table is hard work and effort, there's no craft or genuine class in there, I like Emre but I have to admit I like him because he's got a big heart, he's strong and he gets stuck in but I'm under no illusions the lad is not a great passer or anything like that.
We sold the one midfield player we had with any class for £140m and chose not to replace him.
Spurs to me looked the better side and thats not being negative thats being truthful, they battered United midweek and gave us the runaround on our own patch so make no mistake we have got our hands full trying to finish above them.
They are 2 points behind us with a third of the season to go and hand on heart i don't think we'll do it, I think our only hope of getting in the top 4 is finishing above Chelsea or United, at this point in time to me Spurs just look a better team than us.
Mind you we just sold our best player and they didn't so what do you expect I suppose.


Firstly I never believed he was our best player so with that in my mind it kind of buries that particular argument ,I know you do, so any further discourse on that subject is fruitless. Secondly we had the lions share of possession at their yard and look how that turned out ! I agree about the midfield needing someone with boundless energy but at this moment in time we simply don't possess that player or at least until Henderson is fully match fit or Lallana/Boston Strangler is available again. In truth I would say that until their goal we could afford to let Spurs have the ball because it was in areas that couldn't harm us and if I'm honest and you're prepared to be as equally as candid Spurs were toothless in attack and with our defense performing so well with pushing out to catch their runners offside I think they were manageable and afforded the time on the ball because of this new found understanding betwixt our defenders. I think the game as a contest should have been put away in that first half when Spurs were chasing shadows. I certainly don't think that having the Brazilian in our middle or supporting the attack would have made us any more combative than we were,we needed a player capable of keeping the ball moving in the middle and we certainly had that in spades in the first half but Henderson was always going to run out of steam having only just come back into the team after his injury and Milner or indeed Can simply aren't players with those particular qualities.

No prizes for guessing who you think is our best player!
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8207
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

maguskwt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 am wrote:
No prizes for guessing who you think is our best player!


Go on,take a wild stab at it  :D
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8171
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:35 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 am wrote:
No prizes for guessing who you think is our best player!


Go on,take a wild stab at it  :D

The brazilian Dirk!  :laugh:
Image
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8207
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:17 am

maguskwt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:04 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 am wrote:
No prizes for guessing who you think is our best player!


Go on,take a wild stab at it  :D

The brazilian Dirk!  :laugh:


Nah ,don't know who you mean ,could you break that down into something funnier  :D
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8171
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm

That second half wasn’t a Rafa type “half-press” where we denied the opposition space to pass the ball in dangerous areas. Our second half performance also wasn’t a consequence of us not having Coutinho. In fact he was often subbed in similar situations. For all the qualities this team has, it just doesn’t have much game intelligence, maturity or nous. Possession actually turned over quite a bit in that second half but when it did we were a bit too school boyish for my liking. The reason the team were so tired is because we kept handing possession back to Spurs and also did nothing to slow the tempo of the game in the last half hour.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:51 pm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!