LIVERPOOL v Spartak Moscow Wed 6th Dec 7.45 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:29 pm

This game is a bit more nervy than a lot of fans think, if we lose we are basically out (we'd need Maribor to save our @rses by beating Seville which let's face it is not going to happen). Yes at home we are heavy favourites and yes even a draw is enough to send us through but what we don't want is a nervy last 20 where 1 goal from them would be enough to dump us out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 pm

Should be a tasty game, as obviously Spartak need to beat us to go through.

A nervy game, the longer we go without scoring. I suggest coming out of the blocks at  a high tempo like versus Sevilla, full strength, and we could be out of sight by half time.
Failure to do that, and heaven forbid Spartak take the lead etc, then it's bite your nails time.

I cannot see Klopp going with anything other than full strength, the fab four etc.

Biggest question is who should line up in defence!?    I'd go with    Alexander-Arnold    Matip     Gomez     Robertson.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm wrote:Should be a tasty game, as obviously Spartak need to beat us to go through.

A nervy game, the longer we go without scoring. I suggest coming out of the blocks at  a high tempo like versus Sevilla, full strength, and we could be out of sight by half time.
Failure to do that, and heaven forbid Spartak take the lead etc, then it's bite your nails time.

I cannot see Klopp going with anything other than full strength, the fab four etc.

Biggest question is who should line up in defence!?    I'd go with    Alexander-Arnold    Matip     Gomez     Robertson.

Isn't Matip out for the foreseeable? He's going to miss the derby as well I'm sure.

They have to beat us which should play to our advantage as they'll open up. They're in good form as well so they should come willing to give us a go.

I'm confident but not over confident.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:33 pm

This will be one of those epic European nights for us i am looking forward to this. Anything can happen but I'm confident we will get a result. Klopp should field our strongest attack for this one. Mane, Salah, Firmino and Coutinho should all start.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Liverpool will qualify with a draw, and will clinch first place with a win, or a draw if Sevilla fail to win. If Liverpool lose they are out unless Sevilla are also defeated (as Liverpool would be below Spartak in a two-way head-to-head or would be third in a three-way head-to-head on nine points).

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 865.html#/
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Must play to win.

We go looking for a draw tomorrow and we'll dumped out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:28 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:21 pm wrote:Should be a tasty game, as obviously Spartak need to beat us to go through.

Isn't Matip out for the foreseeable? He's going to miss the derby as well I'm sure.

They have to beat us which should play to our advantage as they'll open up. They're in good form as well so they should come willing to give us a go.

I'm confident but not over confident.

I do apologise I forgot about his injury. I assumed he was available. In that case, replace with Klavan/ Lovren etc

You've hit the nail on the head. Spartak pressing forward will leave them wide open to the counter attack. Cue... Salah!!

It's risky to start this game cautiously. After the sevilla debacle, the boys owe us a big performance. On paper and the fact we have hit some very good form since the Spurs match, I can't see us failing to win this game, barring some miracle.

I'm going for a 4-0 whooping. Salah hattrick
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Ps..... I wanna see sexy football! :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 am

I'm going for a 4-1 victory. Common you redmen make us proud.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 am

I hope and assume Klopp will play our strongest Lineup ,today isn't the time for this rotation BS strategy...Mane ,Mo ,Couts and Firmino should play..In the MF i'll put Gini and Can..Gomez RB ,Klavan & Lovern CB and Robertson LB..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm

"Moscow are without Georgi Tigiev, Artem Timofeev, Jano Ananzide and Dmitri Kombarov."

Not sure who these lads are anyone know if they are regular danger men or squad players??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Karius, Gomez, Klavan, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Henderson, Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Alexander-Arnold.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Karius + Moreno always looks like an accident waiting to happen. Happy with that midfield, there's a lot more balance in there than Milly and Hendo in the same side. Fab 4 start. Let's do this!
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Looks a decent team, always good to see Coutinho, Salah, Mane and Firmino line up in the same side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Lets smash these lot common red men.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games