Kasierslautern v liverpool 24/07/10

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lewerty » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:50 pm

ffs stream not working now
lewerty

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:53 pm

The one thing that is so apperant is we have no one controlling the game for us, the defence is also looking pretty poor!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:55 pm

What is the purpose of those pre-season games? picking the reserve team? keeping players in shape? testing new tactics?

Seems a waste of time playing nothing but reserve players ,doesn't offer anything to team buildup ,nothing to putting our starters in shape ,just loss of confidence...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:01 pm

lost my stream now

and back again now :)
Last edited by Raoul on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:01 pm

http://www.hqlivesports.com/Liveshow.aspx?mid=1355&title=1. FC Kaiserslautern  Vs  Liverpool FC  International Friendly Matches

Not a stop start stream. Click on full screen away you go.
TarnRed

Postby In and Out » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Core blind me that N'gog is awful isn't he, can't believe he was back up to Torres for all of last season. Come back Dundee all is not lost!
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm

OK first half. Still think this back 5 would be OK next week, but we'll need more in the middle of the field and up front
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Lucas and Spearing  getting completely overrun in Midfield especially Spearing he,s running around aimlessly trying to chase the ball ...needs to concentrate on holding his position more instead of trying to cover the whole pitch ....
impressed with the Germans ball retention though ..... Hodgson less than pleased with the display
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

In and Out wrote:Core blind me that N'gog is awful isn't he, can't believe he was back up to Torres for all of last season. Come back Dundee all is not lost!

He's been shocking no awareness, first touch is shocking, he couldn't trapo a fart nevermind a ball, looks very weak, the only thing he does well is close down. If he don't pile on at least 10lb I fear for his future at Anfield.
Last edited by TarnRed on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TarnRed

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

only me wrote:What is the purpose of those pre-season games? picking the reserve team? keeping players in shape? testing new tactics?

Seems a waste of time playing nothing but reserve players ,doesn't offer anything to team buildup ,nothing to putting our starters in shape ,just loss of confidence...

1) building match fitness
2) having a look at some of the youngsters and squad players
3) preparation for a Europa Cup qualifier in less than a week's time
4) giving you something to moan about
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Pre-season or not, they should get a talking too at half time.

Same lacklustre performances we saw last season in pre-season, no creativity etc etc
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
only me wrote:What is the purpose of those pre-season games? picking the reserve team? keeping players in shape? testing new tactics?

1. bulilding match fitness for our reserve players? as long as we play the other permiership reserves we should be ok i guess.
2. Fair enough
3. That's no preparation unless you wanna throw away the game.
4. Mission acheived.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 pm

we started brightly, but its pretty dire now

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 pm

only me wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

1. bulilding match fitness for our reserve players? as long as we play the other permiership reserves we should be ok i guess.
2. Fair enough
3. That's no preparation unless you wanna throw away the game.
4. Mission acheived.

Not sure if you noticed but this was a World Cup year and all but a couple of our first-teamers have been away with their national sides and will not be in the side for a few weeks yet.  Ergo, the squad players get some much needed match fitness and a chance to impress the gaffer ahead of the qualifier on Thursday.  Given that the likes of Stevie and Carra won't be traveling to Macedonia, quite a few of the lads out there today will need some match time under their belts if they're to be effective on Thursday.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby TarnRed » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 pm

1. Hodgson has all the first team players back at Melwood with the sports & science team as he wants them fully fit and firing on all cylinders for the coming season. Sorry if you know more than them.

2. n/a

3. Hodgson has stated Europa is not a priority, 4th spot is.

4. n/a.

5. Wish people would listen to interviews with the manager in future rather than jumping the gun. :cool:
TarnRed

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games