andy johnson
No votes
bent
11%
other
56%

Total votes : 9

Postby brentd4 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:46 pm

we desperately need a goal scoring striker in the team, someone who can pick up on the stuff in the box, a poacher, the likes of defoe, johnson would be ideal, whats your thoughts
brentd4

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Don't want any of them tbh. Shouldn't we be aiming a bit higher now? Owen, Andy Johnson? FFS

I know we are not in the CL yet but that doesn't mean we stlll can't attract decent talent outside England. We just need to up the wages that's all.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:28 pm

thats a pathetic list. I wouldnt consider paying big money for any of them. Bent is probably the only one of the bunch good enough to play for us but even then, Im not sure hes the type of player we need.
For me, we need to have someone who can create as well as convert chances rather than someone who does little besides offering a presence inside the opposition box. We rely way too much on Suarez with Gerrard out to both create and score the goals and the sooner we get players around him chipping in with assists (from open play) and goals the easier things will get for us with regards to converting chances.

If we are looking at signing more players in January, which im not sure we will/should be doing, then I doubt a striker would be top of the list. Perhaps a different thread that expands the scope beyond strikers might make more sense.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Owen ?

Johnson ?

oh my god whatever next
Benny The Noon

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:51 pm

Yuck.........................not more English overpriced junk.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:03 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Yuck.........................not more English overpriced junk.

:nod
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Terrible list, we need a Higuain or Cavani, not has beens.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Terrible list, we need a Higuain or Cavani, not has beens.

And we need CL before we even think of players like those
Benny The Noon

Postby Aussie Style » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Maybe, although we managed to get Suarez without it. We'll never get there with Andy Johnson or Michael Owen though.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Adam Johnson maybe.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 pm

should have played hatdball and got sturridge as part of the torres deal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 am

Not a big fan of Darren Bent but if we had him instead of Carroll we would be in the top 4 comfortably right now, Bent is one dimensional but he knows where the net is.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:29 am

stmichael wrote:should have played hatdball and got sturridge as part of the torres deal.

Still mad we didn't try and push for that.. They wanted Torres bad enough that they'd give us Sturridge.  And he's a talent.  Scoring more than Torres is I think  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 am

This topic always comes up after negative results. Guys we can't buy ourselves out of this situation, we are not Man City. (I wish we were sometimes :;):  )

If you were the owners would you give KK/Comolli another 50-100 mil to spend ? They must be thrilled with the way their investments have panned out so far, 75 odd Million pounds = 1 clumsy Scot & 3  highly overpriced & overrated Englishmen.
killerp

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10 am

killerp wrote:This topic always comes up after negative results. Guys we can't buy ourselves out of this situation, we are not Man City. (I wish we were sometimes :;):  )

If you were the owners would you give KK/Comolli another 50-100 mil to spend ? They must be thrilled with the way their investments have panned out so far, 75 odd Million pounds = 1 clumsy Scot & 3  highly overpriced & overrated Englishmen.

Well to be fair we have created Soooo many chances and we aren't putting them away. We are relying to much on Suarez and if he doesn't play 100% we don't stand much chance.

Overpriced and overated. Downing for me has been excellent this season and would have more assists to his name if someone could finish

The last point I'm going to make is before we start naming players we should get shouldn't we give Bellamy a chance first and even kuyt I just think it's highly disrespectful as Bellamy when he has started he has scored and kuyt was smashing them in last year

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - Games