Chelsea (h) - player ratings - 07/11/10

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Reina - 8 crucial saves
Kelly - 7 solid game
Carragher - 7 solid game
Skrtel - 6.5 abit shaky again
Konchesky - 6 didn't stand out but that must be good for him as most times he stands out becaus eof errors
Kuyt - 7 massive presence, took attention and pressure off of Torres, nice assist for 1st goal
Lucas - 8 did a mascherano impersonation at his best. Very good game
Gerrard - 7 didn't stand out that much but controlled the game quietly
Meireles - 6 didn't stand out, played out of position
Maxi - 6.5 did ok... but not as well as against bolton
Torres - 9 best striker in the world, if it wasn't for him, we would have drawn at best...

Subs:
Shelvey (Kuyt) -
Ngog (Torres) -
Spearing (Meireles) -
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:48 pm

maguskwt wrote:Lucas - 8 did a mascherano impersonation at his best. Very good game

I thought that as well mate, did you see that video that Nan posted in the Lucas thread?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Reg wrote:Gerrard is the exception !!

But if a player comes on for 15 minutes and scores nemerous 5's his average score for the season will suffer badly.
I guess we need to present the scores as ratings as a starter, and rating when used as a Sub.

Not really.

The players who start as substitutes regularly will mostly get the same score and hence their overall average will be unaffected.

Inversely, the better players who mostly make the starting 11 will not be affected by the occasional default sub score of 5, the nature of a statistical average means their seasonal average will not be destroyed by one mid range score.

All scoring system games (i.e. fantasy football) will score the subs regardless of appearance time. I believe it is only fair that we do the same. This way payers who come off the bench and make an impact get rewarded with a score that befits the impact. Players who don't get a score of 5 (neither good nor bad).
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Reina - 9 world class saves at a crucial time
Kelly - 8 solid, dependable and at times delivered some decent crosses linking up well with forward players, has to play next game
Carragher - 8 organised defence well and a few good interceptions
Skrtel - 7 solid, no mistakes and hit row Z when he needed to, not intimidated by physical approach of opponents at set pieces
Konchesky - 7 his best game for us so far, distribution was better
Kuyt - 7 played for once in his best position just off the main striker
Lucas - 9 his best game for us by a mile, MOTM, and showed what he can do playing alongside a player of a different type
Gerrard - 8 played in his best position, should only be used in more advanced role as an emergency, has to play central to get the best out of him and Lucas played better because of where Gerrard played
Meireles - 7 did ok, but suffered slightly as not his natural position but deserves his place irrespective of that
Maxi - 7 I think he is getting better and benefiting from a run in the side and showing more confidence with shots on goal and getting into the box too
Torres - 9, brilliant goals, worked hard, chased defenders, they just couldn't cope with him, a real handful and when fouled just got up and on with the game - just like he did in his first season

Subs:
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6 some neat touches
Ngog (Torres) - 6 used his pace well to close down defenders
Spearing (Meireles) - 5 not sure he touched the ball
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ring-of-Fire » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Reina - 9 Best goalie in the world.
Kelly - 7 kept Malouda out of things in the main.
Carragher - 8 How he sheilded the ball back to Pepe when Drogba was lurking was brilliant.
Skrtel - 5 Average.
Konchesky - 5 Average.
Kuyt - 8 we've missed old Dirky boy lately. His assist was quality and he gave good support to Nando.
Lucas - 9 Didn't put a foot wrong and made Chelsea's midfield look ordinary.
Gerrard - 8 some quality passes and, like Lucas, made Chelsea look rubbish.
Meireles - 6 obviously a quality player and he did his part but wasn't spectacular.
Maxi - 7 kept hold of the ball better and was unlucky not have a peno.
Torres - 10 we couldn't have done it without him. Still slightly off the pace towards the end but his utter brilliance and link-up play won the game for us.

I won't rate the subs as they weren't even on for 5 minutes.

Roy: Bang on with the team. The first half was like us 2 seasons ago and long may that continue.
Last edited by Ring-of-Fire on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ring-of-Fire

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am

Reg wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Lucas - 8 did a mascherano impersonation at his best. Very good game

I thought that as well mate, did you see that video that Nan posted in the Lucas thread?

just watched it Reg... good stuff by Lucas and I'm his biggest critic.

I remember one time a member on here posted a clip of lucas on duty with brazil to defend the fact that that he only passes sideways and backwards and the clip actually showed him doing just that, passing sideways and backwards  :laugh: .

But this clip really shows how he has improved. He was passing forwards, he was running with the ball, he was getting the ball off opposition players, he was challenging the ball in the air!

Great improvement Lucas... keep it up and you'll be the next mascherano...

P.S. I was correct in the assessment that Lucas will become a good DM rather than an AM. What he's doing right now shows that.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games