Breath,stretch,shake,let it go

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:21 pm

What are you expectations of Liverpool against Manchester this monday?

Personally it will be a good and tough game. Manchester hasn't won a game in 3 games and we have boosted our confidence. Last time we played Utd. we outplayed them at Trafford under Houllier so I think we can do the same with Benitez.

Some pundits have said that Garcia and Alonso might choke because they are playing Manchester for the first time.

I hate to burst their bubble but Garcia and Alonso have played against bigger clubs than Manchester United [Real Madrid,Barcelona,etc..]

I don't know why Utd are concidered the gods of English football.

Garcia and Alonso have played against big clubs before and they know that this game is important so I know that they will be ready for the Utd.

The rest of ou squad has played Utd. before and we know how they play very well, they don't change their gameplay at all for the most part.

Players to watch: Ronaldo,Van Nistelrooy,Smith[if he plays],drug lord Rio

Ronaldo will fake a foul every time he gets touched but we have played against him, donkey and Rio the cocaine user.

It will be an interesting game and a win would sky rocket our confidence. I actually would be disapointed with a draw because we have beat Utd before and a draw would only get us 8 points in total while Bolton,Tottenham and Boro are closer to Arsenal than we are thats why I think a win will be important to win.

And I know that Rafa has his mind on three points.

Post your thoughts on this match
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:40 pm

I've actually got a great feeling for this game,but sods law after 3 wins in the last 4 games at old trafford..sometimes you set yourself up for a kick in the knackers...but hell excellent win for us 3-1 and Garcia takes the pi.ss out of dopey ferdinand.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:54 pm

Following that you will see yours truly taking a ****** in the middle of Old Trafford.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:10 am

A.B. mate its always one of them things when we play the scum no one can judge the outcome m8. I feel in my mind we are very capable of beating them, what we have produced so far under the new regime is fantastic for us fans, and the players will be feeling good about themselves confidence levels will be boosted an so forth....But this is manure and this is rivalry.
Benitez knows the score hes said its like valencia playing Real or Barca, so hes not going into this game eyes wide shut, at the end of the day its going to come down to who performs best on the night, I have one concern about our whole team and its dudek I think he'll start flappin because the seabiscuit will be constantly patrolling the 6 yard box.
Thats my only worry if dudek has a good game overall our team is better on the pitch aswell as on paper. Anyway alot will depend on the weekend results,say chelsea get beat,arsenal get a draw an so on I know its early days yet, but my thinking is raffa aint looking for no fourth place this season, I think hes looking at winning the prem or at least coming second, afterall this man will not take no prisoners.
All will be revealed next monday night Lawros predicted this game has a draw written all over it. I have my doubts I think we'll win 2-0 but we must not slack off in the dying minutes because thats where the scum have drawn from up till now defend the lead till the end, and bobs your uncle 3 points in the bag, a game in hand and continue our winning streak. With the belief we are the best.
LFC Y.N.W.A
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:46 am

supersub wrote:I've actually got a great feeling for this game,but sods law after 3 wins in the last 4 games at old trafford..sometimes you set yourself up for a kick in the knackers...but hell excellent win for us 3-1 and Garcia takes the pi.ss out of dopey ferdinand.

Yeah that one worries me
When ever im feeling good about this fixture we cop it
When im not real confident we beat em

Therefore im not real confident about it  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:13 am

I don't want to predict anything, I did that against Bolton and I was wrong.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:25 am

Pity the games on a Monday night though, i prefer the early KO on Sunday in regards to my timezone
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:22 am

Rio will be sub hes not upto match fitness yet and rooney booooooooooooooooo, will be on the bench :D  Imagine the first time on his old twatford debut with a big load of scousers screamin at him :laugh:. Now thats gona be exciting cant wait :D.
Liverpool 2 the scum 0
Same team from wednesday night, with super stevie, alonso, garcia , cisse, hypia, cara, josemi, kewell, riise, finnan, dudek. kirklands not fit.
cant wait :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 am

AB

Do you really think professionals "choke" but having said that Owen is reported as saying he didnt sleep to well before his first game for Real and was glad to get it behind him.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:53 am

kindaconfuzed wrote:AB

Do you really think professionals "choke" but having said that Owen is reported as saying he didnt sleep to well before his first game for Real and was glad to get it behind him.

:D Cant see rooney sleepin to well when manure go to goodison next year :p

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:01 am

If players didnt choke then penalty shootouts would last a lot longer
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:24 pm

kindaconfuzed wrote:AB

Eh I didn't say that, pundits did I was just commenting on it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:00 am

Despite being in a good ru of form for the past 2 games, 2 things worry me the most - Dudek in goal and the hesitancy that always creep up between our defense and the 'keeper. This kind of lapses would let in van Horseface with his predatory instincts.

We should keep up our concentration and hopefully shut them out. They are an incredibly resillient team, especially at home and with Smith they have an element of unprecidtability about them. Roy Keane is past it, though.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:48 pm

yeh we should through chris kirkland or paul harisson in the deep end despite dudek keep 2 clean sheets against monaco and wba he always make blunders against manchester oppents.
Last edited by the great one on Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:42 pm

Didn't we have cleen sheets in the past 4 games we played at Trafford or was it just one?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games