Why - All the abuse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Bench » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:47 am

While I can understand the unhapiness, the one thing I can't abide is the reaction of some fans. RAFA SHOULD GO!!!
Say some. :censored:. I've got a lot to say wouldn't be able to fit it all here.

The morning press will be full of stories of stevie G to madrid for anywhere between 30-35mil. I say let him go. Why I hear you say?

Would you rather give Rafa 2 mil or thirty mil to build his team?

While stevie beieves the team should be built around him, we will fall further and further behind.

While I'd love to see SG played where he should be, under rafa it's obvious he's third choice CM to xabi and momo, and pennant seems more like a right midfielder every time I see him play.

The "magical" Valencia that people refer to was built on a sound understanding that the team come first and the players had a role. This would be easier if the english players excepted they are part of a system and not the be all and end all of the game.

I don't want to see us lose SG to a club on these shores. Hopefully he's learnt his lesson(twice!).
But the only way we can get the finance to compete with the richer clubs is to sell our local boy and let the gaffer get on with it.
The Bench

Postby zarababe » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:52 am

what ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:54 am

Sorry but i am not in agreement with your views on Stevie G at all. The man was born red and will possibly die red he does not feel that the team should be built round him as he has said on more than one occasion he is happy to play where the team need him to he does say that his prefered position is in the center of midfield but is happy if the team is wining to do his job. And while JP is a right sided midfielder to say he is first choice over SG in that position if MOMO and Alonso play and SG is fit is silly. Maybe you should read his autobiography first it may help you see why his passion is so deep for us to challenge for the title and where his mind set is.

Sorry mate but hey
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby The Bench » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:02 am

Red Dotty
Never said that JP should be chosen ahead of SG. I'd have stevie in my team every week. My opinion was not based around SG(I have read his book and agree that will live and die a red) The post was meant to reflect that the manager has his own ideas and if that means selling stevie(which I think rafa wouldn't care either way) in order to secure the title then he'd do it. Sorry if it didn't come across this way, but I do appreciate your feedback
The Bench

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:05 am

The Bench wrote:Red Dotty
Never said that JP should be chosen ahead of SG. I'd have stevie in my team every week. My opinion was not based around SG(I have read his book and agree that will live and die a red) The post was meant to reflect that the manager has his own ideas and if that means selling stevie(which I think rafa wouldn't care either way) in order to secure the title then he'd do it. Sorry if it didn't come across this way, but I do appreciate your feedback

No probs mate like a good old chit chat nice positive disscussion is good but just of late there has been negative press as you are well aware of. I am just a supporter that wants us all right behind the lads more positive peiople more good vibes sort of thing.

Sad but hey :Oo:
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby The Bench » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:11 am

Not sad at all mate. I wish the positives where more prominent too. But unfortunately to get a get a decent opinion on here it seems you have to be a bit contraversial! Again thanks for your repost. Would be interested to know your opinion on the alleged rafa criticism from the board? Do you think it's paper talk?
The Bench

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:21 am

The Bench wrote:Not sad at all mate. I wish the positives where more prominent too. But unfortunately to get a get a decent opinion on here it seems you have to be a bit contraversial! Again thanks for your repost. Would be interested to know your opinion on the alleged rafa criticism from the board? Do you think it's paper talk?

Yes i do to the point that the media maybe had one of the sneaky beaky directors mention that they were unhappy and like all good media scum they decided to try and apply the pressure on Raffa. It is mentioned by someone else in one of the other threads that when Raffa left Valencia it was due to pressure applied from varying angles. The Mirror and the Sun are petty they would love to claim they had the story that finished of Raffa.

Scum pure scum. But if a director did make a comment then instead of being a sneaky beaky tw@t he should come out with it and put his cards on the table. It's all to do with £££££££££ notes fecking media.

:veryangry
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby The Bench » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:32 am

the media do love it!!! But when we're not doing so well they seem to big it up big time. On another note. do you think it would be wrong of me to say that we should play 4-5-1 and rotate God, Crouchie and the new boy Kuyt. Bellamy should be used sparingly, mainly from the bench.
The Bench

Postby el_stinger » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:00 am

Get a room you two :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:38 am

I sold stevie to secure the title in my season...

In football manager 07 :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby royboylfc » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:02 am

stevie nor rafa will ever leave we dont need any of them 2 leave i think we have a squad that can challenge for the title so weve had a slump dont all teams [ man u better had soon ] it will all come good.
royboylfc

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:06 pm

Don't agree with you about Stevie G TB.  We need players of his ability and standing at LFC.  I don't see anyone like him in any of the "good" leagues (Spian, Italy etc) around the world.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Rafa D » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Steven Gerrard is the most complete player in the world at this present moment. We have been spoilt here at Anfield and a lot of people now expect a brilliant performance from Gerrard each and every game. We seem to take him for granted. Gerrard has not played anywhere near his best so far this year but on many occasions he has been our best player on the park. However we criticise him a hell of a lot because we are used to so much more from our captain.

He is fitter, stronger and faster than all the other contenders for his crown. He shooting ability is out of the world, his passing is now accepted as the norm for us and his tackling is awesome. He is a big game player as he has proved in Cardiff and Istanbul, and also has one thing that sets him out from the rest by a country mile. His desire.

Steven Gerrard wants to be the world's best and is. We dismiss his desire as arrogance and although I don't think he is the soundest person in the world, he is the best player in the world. He has this ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the finish line. He knows he is the best player we have and I suspect he is very proud of that.

Although no player is as big as the club, I do not want Liverpool to sell Gerrard. If he wanted to leave fine, put it in writing and we will sell you to the highest bidder. But I can never see Gerrard doing this, he has made mistakes in the past and he has learnt from them. He loves Liverpool and we love him.
Last edited by Rafa D on Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:58 pm

Cracking post Rafa, totally agree.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:03 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Steven Gerrard is the most complete player in the world at this present moment. We have been spoilt here at Anfield and a lot of people now expect a brilliant performance from Gerrard each and every game. We seem to take him for granted. Gerrard has not played anywhere near his best so far this year but on many occasions he has been our best player on the park. However we criticise him a hell of a lot because we are used to so much more from our captain.

He is fitter, stronger and faster than all the other contenders for his crown. He shooting ability is out of the world, his passing is now accepted as the norm for us and his tackling is awesome. He is a big game player as he has proved in Cardiff and Istanbul, and also has one thing that sets him out from the rest by a country mile. His desire.

Steven Gerrard wants to be the world's best and is. We dismiss his desire as arrogance and although I don't think he is the soundest person in the world, he is the best player in the world. He has this ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck and drag them over the finish line. He knows he is the best player we have and I suspect he is very proud of that.

Although no player is as big as the club, I do not want Liverpool to sell Gerrard. If he wanted to leave fine, put it in writing and we will sell you to the highest bidder. But I can never see Gerrard doing this, he has made mistakes in the past and he has learnt from them. He loves Liverpool and we love him.

:bowdown

great post rafa-dodd
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion