Vs boro - The way i see it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun May 02, 2004 7:02 pm

now then all lfc fans!

i was at the game and i will give u my honest assessment to see if u agree?

i thought in the 1st half we were pretty without being clinical. boro had 1 shot on goal and that was a formality. owen should have scored when hitting the post and kewell was unlucky not to score!

2nd half was more of what i want to see! pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors! even heskey scored which is unbelievable!
:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 02, 2004 7:23 pm

yeah shame Houllier didn't think of that...
115-1073096938

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 02, 2004 7:25 pm

Great 3 points. Agreed with your observations. I thought the introduction of Heskey allowed us more physical presence upfront and to hold the ball for Owen and Kewell. Smicer had a quiet first half and didn't contribute much.
Fact is we are that much hungrier than Boro and the team's commitments (esp of Gerrard) is first rate. More fluency in our passing as well. Why can't we play this way every week?
About the only dissapointment for me is that we let the foot off the gas once we scored the second. :cool:  But hey...that's just me being greedy :p
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Woollyback » Sun May 02, 2004 10:04 pm

Hamann was excellent today, I counted about half a dozen crucial little challenges on the trot this afternoon which broke up Boro attacks.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion