Us fans hurting our chances - Its gotta stop

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 pm

I was thinking today long and hard about us the fans and i come to the conclusion that we just are not helping our team atm.

We the fans cheer our team on , buy tickets , shirts and support the team this is great so whats the problem do you ask well i really think we hinder more then we help some times.

Match day at anfield you can feel the want the desire for victory like it was a long lost word on he tip of your tongue.

But i feel this is our greatest weakness we want to win so much in so many competions it hurts us as a club.

Think about it we have a great youth setup and a reserve team yet we only see same odd 17-20 players moved around in first team.

Now you could say they not ready yet or they lack experience
i would agree but thats my point if we was a club thats would mind finishing 7th-8th or maybe even 9th in prem with playing our youth players for a few seasons only to come back stronger and with alot more talents in our squad with out spending mega bucks.

Does it not concern you all that we have such a massive youth system and setup yet we rarely see any amount of players ever make it to the first team and last there.

Its the pressure for us the fans of wanting that title that i feel limits rafa , I meen i wouldn't want to field a few youth team players only to get my nuts blown of by the fans for being a loon.

We as a group of fans need to stop exspecting the title become a little more humble relax enjoy our football and let the team breath more and just be there for them at every corner cheering them on.

Its clear to me at Liverpool atm we don't have alot of cash to throw around don't you think it time we give the little ones a chance.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Echoes of some views I have expressed on here! I agree about the youth set up, if a first teamer is not cutting try a youth/reserve player in that position in a won game etc.

Also our wanting/need for the league is a pressure that Liverpool do not need at the minute, we are not going to win it with, if the reports are true not just paranoia, a small transfer budget where you have to sell a good squad player to by a slightly better player. Add to that the pressure we exude as fans then its not a good atmosphere and it transfers to anfiel,d gone are the days when it was passion and singing, love for the team now its pure unrealistic expectation. Last season Liverpool fans where fighting amongst themsleves at certain games on the terraces over the US owners situation! This does not happen at Liverpool FC and is a disgrace, its a disgrace on here sometimes. Yes they need to sort the stadium out and buy players and pay for us to win the league. However, when they arrived they did say that they would fund one major signing a year until the stadium is built and so far they have stuck to there word. Better owners are probably out there, but until we get a new stadium, and the last I read planning permission had been granted, a major factor in building something.

I do not support the owners as such, and I want Liverpool to win the league but lets all step back and take stock of where we are at as a club. We need unison more than ever!

Ian

P.S. please dont kill me for that rant/post  :lookaround
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Oh yeah,

Totally feel your pain man...

The atmosphere last week at Anfield was abysmal. Was so poor man, how come no-one cheered the team on? How come the fans got on all the players backs?

I mean, what the :censored:? We expected to win a match...

Oh yeah thats right, there was no match! :D

I've heard it all now, its the fans fault we aren't winning games...

Great excuse.

Next...

:no
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:32 pm

I was talking about a similar thing last night. I said to my mate that after 2 youth cup wins, and then many of those players stepping up to the reserves team - who then became national champions, do you think maybe we are in a position to take a Fergie-esque chance with our youngsters? Especially now that money seems to be tight.
I don't think it's the pressure from the us fans that prevent massive risks to be taken, but rather an all round hunger for success. There is great expectation with a club like ours. The owners expect the manager to perform, the manager expects the team to perform, we expect trophies, players expect trophies, star players expect star signings to achieve this. We've now also got the Royal Bank of Scotland wanting us to perform now, to pay back that loan.
I'm confident that if there are players good enough for the first team, then they will get there chance. Sometimes we get disappointed when we see a young promising player fail to live up to expectations. We think that if they had got their chance, then things would of been different. Personally, I had massive hopes for Neil Mellor and John Welsh, which didn't come to fruition. It's extremely rare though, that we release/sell a youth and then later regret it.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Fo Dne wrote:Oh yeah,

The atmosphere last week at Anfield was abysmal. Was so poor man, how come no-one cheered the team on? How come the fans got on all the players backs?

Great excuse.

Next...

Whos falut is it? Rafa's? Maybe. The team? Maybe. The fans? Probably not. The owners? Probably not.

The 18 years gap weighing down on us? Most likely. Man U catching up fast? Maybe. Pressure is a bad thing sometimes.

We as Liverpool FC fans expect so much and I have been expecting so much for 18 years! Nothing much has changed.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Great excuse.

Next...

at what point did i say it was fans fault we are not winning games.  :Oo:

I said we need to have a little less success and alot more progress.

Once agian you have show you A. cant read for sh.it and two are a one armed bandit troll looking to slag of posts and players and what ever you dream up just for the sake of it.

This post was from the heart and it is as much to do with self reflection as any thing mabye you should do some its very rewarding.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:38 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:I was talking about a similar thing last night. I said to my mate that after 2 youth cup wins, and then many of those players stepping up to the reserves team - who then became national champions, do you think maybe we are in a position to take a Fergie-esque chance with our youngsters? Especially now that money seems to be tight.
I don't think it's the pressure from the us fans that prevent massive risks to be taken, but rather an all round hunger for success. There is great expectation with a club like ours. The owners expect the manager to perform, the manager expects the team to perform, we expect trophies, players expect trophies, star players expect star signings to achieve this. We've now also got the Royal Bank of Scotland wanting us to perform now, to pay back that loan.
I'm confident that if there are players good enough for the first team, then they will get there chance. Sometimes we get disappointed when we see a young promising player fail to live up to expectations. We think that if they had got their chance, then things would of been different. Personally, I had massive hopes for Neil Mellor and John Welsh, which didn't come to fruition. It's extremely rare though, that we release/sell a youth and then later regret it.

yeah well i wont care to pretend i know alot about the liverpool youth team not great i know.

But i do know we have alot fo tallent in that area of the club i say take a chance lets breed some real top grade A class from our youth ranks whats worst that can happen we might not win prem. Ha that would kill me that would NOT.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:39 pm

hello_red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Oh yeah, Totally feel your pain man...The atmosphere last week at Anfield was abysmal. Was so poor man, how come no-one cheered the team on? How come the fans got on all the players backs? I mean, what the :censored:? We expected to win a match... Oh yeah thats right, there was no match! :D I've heard it all now, its the fans fault we aren't winning games... Great excuse. Next... :no
Whos falut is it? Rafa's? Maybe. The team? Maybe. The fans? Probably not. The owners? Probably not.The 18 years gap weighing down on us? Most likely. Man U catching up fast? Maybe. Pressure is a bad thing sometimes.We as Liverpool FC fans expect so much and I have been expecting so much for 18 years! Nothing much has changed.

United, Chelsea and Arsenal are better.

Thats why we aren't winning the league or coming close.

Not because our fans expect. Simple as.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
hello_red wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Oh yeah, Totally feel your pain man...The atmosphere last week at Anfield was abysmal. Was so poor man, how come no-one cheered the team on? How come the fans got on all the players backs? I mean, what the :censored:? We expected to win a match... Oh yeah thats right, there was no match! :D I've heard it all now, its the fans fault we aren't winning games... Great excuse. Next... :no
Whos falut is it? Rafa's? Maybe. The team? Maybe. The fans? Probably not. The owners? Probably not.The 18 years gap weighing down on us? Most likely. Man U catching up fast? Maybe. Pressure is a bad thing sometimes.We as Liverpool FC fans expect so much and I have been expecting so much for 18 years! Nothing much has changed.

haha you sound like a bitter .  :no
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:42 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

Great excuse.

Next...

Once agian you have show you A. cant read for sh.it and two are a one armed bandit troll looking to slag of posts and players and what ever you dream up just for the sake of it.

This post was from the heart and it is as much to do with self reflection as any thing mabye you should do some its very rewarding.

Who is the one who's slagged anyone off?

Read my post again and look at where I slagged you off or called you anything...

Then read yours...

You're the one starting the name calling.

The title of your thread clearly states expectation is hurting our chances. I say its complete and utter rubbish so you start getting personal yet again...

Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

Great excuse.

Next...

Who is the one who's slagged anyone off?

Read my post again and look at where I slagged you off or called you anything...

Then read yours...

You're the one starting the name calling.

The title of your thread clearly states expectation is hurting our chances. I say its complete and utter rubbish so you start getting personal yet again...

mabye if you wasnt such a WUM things wouldn't get nasty.

Why dont you make a new account lad cos i feel people wont be listening to you soon agian.

Mabye if you got the feeling of my post you might have understood more where i was comming from rather then pick out a sentence here and there and copy right it.

I saying in general we need to back of the team and bit and let rafa take more risks as what is going no atm with the club just isnt working.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
hello_red wrote:

haha you sound like a bitter .  :no

Why's that then? Because I said stated a fact?

You're the one saying you would rather us breed young players than win the league in a previous post, so I don't understand your point.

Again, more name calling...

:sleep
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:46 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
at what point did i say it was fans fault we are not winning games.  :Oo: I said we need to have a little less success and alot more progress.Once agian you have show you A. cant read for sh.it and two are a one armed bandit troll looking to slag of posts and players and what ever you dream up just for the sake of it.This post was from the heart and it is as much to do with self reflection as any thing mabye you should do some its very rewarding.
Who is the one who's slagged anyone off?Read my post again and look at where I slagged you off or called you anything...Then read yours...You're the one starting the name calling.The title of your thread clearly states expectation is hurting our chances. I say its complete and utter rubbish so you start getting personal yet again... :no
mabye if you wasnt such a WUM things wouldn't get nasty.Why dont you make a new account lad cos i feel people wont be listening to you soon agian.

Because you say so? Yeah alright...:laugh:I've been posting on here the best part of five years and people always respond to my posts and engage in discussions, arguements and conversations with me, don't think thats about to change because I apparently "wind you up".
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Well any one want to talk about the topic please....
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I have been, the fans expectation has nothing to do with us not winning the league.

:D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion