Transfers 2017/2018 In and out

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 am

We are being played by FSG, their Twitter spin project and Klopp is their mouthpiece. FSG never say anything, mechanisms in place to protect them from criticism.

I know people hate to criticise Klopp but you have to strip the love away sometimes and look again. His comments asking a journalist to name 4 better CB than ours was condescending though I am sure delivered without that intention.

If we go into this campaign with what we have now and hit the same problems which is likely, then we all need too rethink what we have with FSG and if Klopp is the yes man puppet I hoped he absolutely would not be.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:56 am

parchpea » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 am wrote:We are being played by FSG, their Twitter spin project and Klopp is their mouthpiece. FSG never say anything, mechanisms in place to protect them from criticism.

I know people hate to criticise Klopp but you have to strip the love away sometimes and look again. His comments asking a journalist to name 4 better CB than ours was condescending though I am sure delivered without that intention.

If we go into this campaign with what we have now and hit the same problems which is likely, then we all need too rethink what we have with FSG and if Klopp is the yes man puppet I hoped he absolutely would not be.

I find it hard to believe Klopp will ever be a puppet man from the simple reason he is one of the most wanted managers in the world ,he doesn't NEED the job in Liverpool ,he took it as a project.
But with Klopp other things kick into play which is ,Ego ,Arrogance maybe ,self conviction that tactics can overcome talent..We saw this with Rafa as well..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Do you think we would be going for Keita and VVD if Klopp thought what he'd said?

No chance, he's trying to gee the players up for the new season, after another f#king miserable transfer window he has to use the hand he's been dealt.

His attention has turned to the start of the Premier League (that starts in 4 days).  He cant be drawn into this "we need this or that type of player" 5 days before our 1st game. He's more bothered about the 11 that will play on Saturday rather than be embroiled in "signing replacements" for VVD and Keita, they have been dragged on for far far far far too long. 

FSG's transfer policy is nothing but a farce.... ANYONE who thought we would spent more than £35 million on anybody under this regime, then your sadly mistaken. #MONEYBALL
Kopite-Jud

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Lose Couts and sign no one else and these owners can get to f**k. 100m net since they walked in the door while everyone else is dining at the top table. Fuming
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:18 pm wrote:Lose Couts and sign no one else and these owners can get to f**k. 100m net since they walked in the door while everyone else is dining at the top table. Fuming

Phil won't be going anywhere mate, the owners aren't soft, they know that if they sell Phil this summer they may as well sell the club while they are at it because the relationship between the board and the fans would be pretty much irreparable.
Don't fall for all the Barca spin, those stories are emanating from Spain not from our end.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm

This summer should have seen a major overhaul - even by their standards I didn't think the owners would be incompetent enough to oversee the opportunity for progress. I'm hoping we suddenly go all out, because with CL footy, this season will be a struggle, especially at the turn of the new year.
Franky000

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:26 am

Do we (they) really need the money that much? £90 million, £100 million, £120 million, whatever. So you get the money and lose the player, then what? f*cking ridiculous and detrimental to any kind of progression.
:angry:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:23 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:21 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:18 pm wrote:Lose Couts and sign no one else and these owners can get to f**k. 100m net since they walked in the door while everyone else is dining at the top table. Fuming

Phil won't be going anywhere mate, the owners aren't soft, they know that if they sell Phil this summer they may as well sell the club while they are at it because the relationship between the board and the fans would be pretty much irreparable.
Don't fall for all the Barca spin, those stories are emanating from Spain not from our end.

I agree, I don't think he is leaving this summer. The reports are coming from Spain and every couple of days someone is giving an opinion and the papers run with it. Barcelona and Real do it to unsettle players and get momentum going and this seems no different. As you said the owners are not soft and unlike the previous owners they are afraid of fan backlash. When we sold Suarez everyone was so angry that he bit the player (again) that most said he should be sold so it was easy for the owners to sell him. This would get fans livid!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Estimated theres 265 million professional footballers in world and we cant half dozen better than the turd in that first 11  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:48 pm

This probably has been one of the most frustrating transfer windows/start to a season i can remember.
Last summer we got deals out of the way and were nicely ready and prepared for the season. That was one of the reasons why we took it by storm uptil Jan.

Too many issues this time round internal and external. Struggling to sign players and a bellend who decided to screw us over just before ko.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm

It's frustraiting, but I take comfort from the fact that - when Klopp spends big - he always improves our first 11.

Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah...all good players in my book. Am sure he'll splash the cash on at least 1 before the end of the month
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 am

Could be possibly the most frustrating transfer window yet . Sign shows that the owners are hopeless.

A few injuries to kick in , especially mane  and we can look forward to a 7th place finishing .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 am

Yup all it will take is couple of key injuries and were done like we were in Jan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:59 pm

I  was so excited with the 4th finish after a net spend of zero knowing this year we would bring in some fresh talent and really have a crack at the title.

Now I just can't be bothered I feel drained with the failures. If the mood I have translates the same to the players then it's gonna be a long miserable season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Im the same mate just feel let down with no motivation or optimism for this season. Really hoping we do sign a couple of players with what little time we have but as each day goes it looks unlikely.
Like many stated we are only a few top signings away from being a very strong force, lets all hope something happens.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion