Top Four Run In

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:58 pm

redshade wrote:Last 4 winners have been from Europa group stages. In the last 10 Europa finals only 3 teams who dropped from UCL won it.
However the UCL drop outs make it to the final often. Last 10 finals, 11 Europa teams 9 UCL.

I thought Sevilla came down from CL at least 3 times. Also Barca, Manure and the Chavs. I just assumed because they were big clubs they dropped down.  Thanks for the clarification and as the auld saying goes " Everyday is a schoolday" .  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:32 pm

Sevilla came down when they beat us, However your point still stands because teams that drop down make it to the final majority of the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... gue_finals
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:00 pm

Up to 6th after that. Manure 6 pts ahead with 2 games in hand while Newcastle are also 6 with 1 in hand. Just got to apply as much pressure as possible and hope one of them crack.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:22 am

Let's hope Everton and Spurs win tonight.

Everton vs Newcastle
Tottenham vs Man Utd

It is a far fetched dream to catch them up anyway, bit if Newcastle and United win tonight I think UCL spot is definitely lost.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:27 am

April 30 - Tottenham Hotspur (H): The Reds go head-to-head with one of their main rivals for a European place, days after the sacking of interim manager Cristian Stellini. Ryan Mason will take temporary charge of the side as Spurs look to get back on track and resurrect their season.

May 3 - Fulham (H): Marco Silva's side have experienced a drop-off in form of late, losing five of their previous seven Premier League fixtures. Safe from relegation, the Cottagers head into this fixture with little riding on the game other than pride.

May 6 - Brentford (H): Enjoying life in the top-flight, the Bees are on course for an impressive top-half finish after exceeding expectations once again. Key to their success has been Ivan Toney, who the Reds will have to keep quiet to stand any chance of securing three points.

May 15 - Leicester City (A): The Foxes remain embroiled in a relegation battle and will be desperately searching for points in the coming weeks. Jamie Vardy rescued a draw for Leicester at Leeds United on Tuesday and Dean Smith's side will require further moments of magic to beat the drop.

May 20 - Aston Villa (H): An unexpected rival in the race for European football, Unai Emery has transformed Villa since his appointment back in October. Liverpool will have to be at their best to come out on top, but will fancy their chances on home soil.

May 28 - Southampton (A): Currently bottom of the Premier League, the Saints could well be relegated by the time this fixture comes around. Should the basement club still be in with a chance of survival, however, this promises to be a challenging afternoon.

Here is an overview of the upcoming schedules for the Reds' rivals...

3. Newcastle United (59 points) - next six Premier League fixtures

Everton (A) - April 27

Southampton (H) - April 30

Arsenal (H) - May 7

Leeds (A) - May 13

Brighton (H) - May 18

Leicester (H) - May 22

4. Manchester United (59 points) - next six Premier League fixtures

Tottenham (A) - April 27

Aston Villa (H) - April 30

Brighton (A) - May 4

West Ham (A) - May 7

Wolves (H) - May 13

Bournemouth (A) - May 20

5. Aston Villa (54 points) - next five Premier League fixtures

Manchester United (A) - April 30

Wolves (A) - May 6

Tottenham (H) - May 13

Liverpool (A) - May 20

Brighton (H) - May 28

6. Tottenham (53 points) - next six Premier League fixtures

Manchester United (H) - April 27

Liverpool (A) - April 30

Crystal Palace (H) - May 6

Aston Villa (A) - May 13

Brentford (H) - May 20

Leeds (A) - May 28
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:33 am

redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 am wrote:Let's hope Everton and Spurs win tonight.

Everton vs Newcastle
Tottenham vs Man Utd

It is a far fetched dream to catch them up anyway, bit if Newcastle and United win tonight I think UCL spot is definitely lost.

You’d think that the qualification to be Spurs’ second interim manager of the season is that the players like him, hopefully they get a new manager bounce… a one game bounce. ManUre don’t look good right now and looking at their schedule, looks much tougher than Newcastle’s. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to say they could drop 9 points.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:24 pm

So far

Everton 0-3 Newcastle
Tottenham 0-2 Man Utd

Europa it is then lads..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 pm

Everton 1-4 Newcastle

Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd

I can't see Newcastle dropping loads of points, they have got UCL spot sealed imo. Man Utd are a little sketchy but I still think they will make it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:10 pm

CL has gone imo, you know things are desperate when you find yourself relying on that other crowd from across the park. They could go this year, they look shot, they have lost their last 2 home games by an aggregate of 7–1 and their home form is supposed to be the ace up their sleeves that’s going to keep them up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:16 pm

The 2-2 score ramps up the pressure on both sides, lets hope they slip up but it's a big ask. We'll come 5th but no cigar.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:54 pm

Reg » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:16 pm wrote:The 2-2 score ramps up the pressure on both sides, lets hope they slip up but it's a big ask. We'll come 5th but no cigar.

Yup I think will pip spurs and Villa to 5th. Europa here we come  :D  :D  :D  can't wait for Thursday night footy, back to where Klopp started.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Sooo interestingly, Brighton beat United 1-0 who have climbed to 6th 4 points behind us with 2 games in hand.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 pm

They still have all of the top 3 to play against, so I can't see them reaching us unless we go on a winless run. Unfortunately I can't see us reaching United either, as they still need to drop points in at least 3 or 4 games out of their remaining 5.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 pm

Brighton still have Newcastle, Arsenal and City so good chance they will lose 2 of those.  Hopefully the wheels fall off the mancs now and they bottle it  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 04, 2023 11:59 pm

damjan193 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:51 pm wrote:They still have all of the top 3 to play against, so I can't see them reaching us unless we go on a winless run. Unfortunately I can't see us reaching United either, as they still need to drop points in at least 3 or 4 games out of their remaining 5.

4 points ahead with a game in hand. 2 losses and a draw and we would take them on GD I think but unfortunately they have a easy enough run. Fingers crossed though  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion