Tickets for home games 2007/2008 - Where to get them if from outside uk

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Right, folks...

I know I'm going out on a limb here but bear with me....A friend of a friend got me a ticket for a game last season, and truth be told, I've got the bug....So, for next season, finances permitting and - more importantly - 'er indoors permitting, I plan to head across the Irish Sea to a few home games next season. I'd even consider a couple of away games, not really pushed so long as I get to see the lads play.
So, before I book a flight or hotel, most importantly I need to get a ticket for the game. I have a LFC Fancard, but the missus' mate has a Premium Card and has STILL never managed to get thru on the phone to book a ticket.
That said, IF I go ahead and book the rest, can somebody on this forum recommend the best way to get a ticket without getting ripped off by the touts ?

All suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks.
Dublin Fan
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Firstly your going to need a fancard. £2.50 last time I checked (get it online at lfc.tv)

Secondly forget going to any league or away games, these games are sold out weeks before they are offered to ordinary fancard members. Remember ST holders and PTS members get priority. Your best bet is to aim for cup competitions as these initially don't impose a long priority list.

If you apply for early rounds of either domestic cups and /or Champions League you will gain priority for later, higher profile, games.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:21 pm

Oh yeah there is another avenue. As of last season if you are a e-season ticket holder (£4 per month), every game (cup and league) has a ballot for between 500 - 1000 tickets. Depending on how many apply it can be a long shot.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:38 am

Thanks mate...Can't help but thinking that unless you're a fan in a position to go every other week to a game, then you're kinda snookered if you want to get to a game. Don't get me wrong, all kudos to those who go week in week out, but for us mere mortals who want to get over a few times a year, they don't make it easy now, do they ?

P.S. This is also an open invitation to those who can't make it to a particular game to offer it to others who might be interested. Not trying to start an eBay auction here or anything....but maybe one for the forum moderators to have a think about ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby babu » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:52 am

hey bunglemark2,

check out this link:
LFC tv

The branches in bold, are ticket based supporters clubs. If one is near to you, then why not join up and see if they can get you a tickets?

Its only a suggestion, and with a fan card you probably have a better chance of going direct to the club, but check it out anyway.
Last edited by babu on Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:42 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Thanks mate...Can't help but thinking that unless you're a fan in a position to go every other week to a game, then you're kinda snookered if you want to get to a game. Don't get me wrong, all kudos to those who go week in week out, but for us mere mortals who want to get over a few times a year, they don't make it easy now, do they ?

P.S. This is also an open invitation to those who can't make it to a particular game to offer it to others who might be interested. Not trying to start an eBay auction here or anything....but maybe one for the forum moderators to have a think about ??

I guess the reasoning is that priority should go to the loyal fans, seeing as there are a limited number of seats.

The new stadium should alleviate the problem. Extra seats will mean more demand but it should also allow more fans who can't see Liverpool regularly should get more opportunities.

I live all the way near Brighton, yet most seasons I see Liverpool at least 4/5 times.

Persevere!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby football_shirts » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:34 pm

hello guys. i want to come in octomber to see Liverpool vs Arsenal. I am from Romania. Can you pls tell me how can I buy the cheapest ticket? ;;)
football_shirts

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:21 pm

I live in london and want to get to see a game next season so if anyone has a spare ticket to a london game next year ill be intrested

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Geronimor » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm from Switzerland and i'd like to see a game between december and february next season.. but don't know how to get a ticket.. is it posible to get a ticket at the day of the game in front of the stadium?

sry my bad english..
Geronimor

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Geronimor wrote:I'm from Switzerland and i'd like to see a game between december and february next season.. but don't know how to get a ticket.. is it posible to get a ticket at the day of the game in front of the stadium?

sry my bad english..

more chance of platting snot
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 pm

In other words NO :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:25 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Oh yeah there is another avenue. As of last season if you are a e-season ticket holder (£4 per month), every game (cup and league) has a ballot for between 500 - 1000 tickets. Depending on how many apply it can be a long shot.

The eseason ticket ballot isn't a bad shout mate. I've been successful on several occasions going through the website plus you don't have to sit there with 2 phones ringing simultaneously for 3 hours! The ballots take place a good month before the game so it should give ya plenty of notice to sort flights and accomodation.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion