Ticket price petition

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:50 pm

PRESS RELEASE
The Football Supporters’ Federation
For Immediate Release – 16 February 2007

FOOTBALL FANS LAUNCH PETITION AGAINST “RIPOFF TICKET PRICES”

Football fans throughout England & Wales have launched an online petition against ripoff ticket prices in the game.

Commenting on the petition launch FSF Chair Malcolm Clarke, a Stoke City supporter, said, “Supporters in this country are sick to the back teeth of being ripped off. My own club has just had a game at St Andrews against Birmingham City moved from Saturday at 3.00pm to Sunday at 11.30am with eight days’ notice. Despite this surreal kickoff time for a professional football match we were still expected to pay £30 a ticket in the Stoke end for the privilege. It’s absolutely shameless. I’ve made an official complaint about this to both clubs and the League.

“It’s simply not good enough. Now we have Peter Kenyon at Chelsea reported as saying that the club has no intention of lowering ticket prices as his players will be demanding big pay rises. Sorry Peter. Get real. Here on planet Earth most people view professional footballers in the Premier League as being paid enough already. I think most people would be able to get by on the average salary of a Chelsea first team squad player. Anyway Chelsea and every other club in the Premier League are going to receive extra millions in broadcasting income next season. It’s time this was shared out with the fans. The new money coming into the Premier League from next season is worth around £30 per admission over three seasons. The Premier League clubs could afford to let most fans in for nothing and still be as well off as they are today.”

The online petition calls for:

> A League wide away fans’ ticket price of no more than £15

> A League mandated freeze on all matchday and season ticket prices

> The use of television facilities fees for broadcast games to lower ticket prices to compensate for fixture moves and inconvenient kickoff times

Clarke commented, “Although the proposed changes are targeted at the Premier League initially, the petition is for all supporters, whether they support a club in the Conference or lower, the Football League or the Premier League. Ticket prices in this country are far too high at almost all clubs at all levels.”

The petition can be found on the FSF website at:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/away-tickets/

ENDS

> The FSF represents over 140,000 individual and affiliated members supporting clubs and national teams at all levels throughout England & Wales.

> The FSF is a voluntary organisation which campaigns on behalf of football fans at all levels of the game.

> The organisation was formed in 2002 when the two major fans’ organisations – the Football Supporters’ Association and the National Federation of Football Supporters’ Clubs combined.

This petition has the potential to gather thousands of signatures which will hopefully make the powers that be take notice. It's already had coverage on Sky Sports News and other media outlets as you can see form the links below.

Please note that by filling in the comments section on the petition, your thoughts are automatically forwarded to the Premier League and the 20 Premier League Clubs so there's no way they can say that didn't know anything about it.

So sign it now!

Click here to sign the petition

ITN News Article: Fans protest against ticket prices

Sporting Life: Fans Launch Pricing Petition

TeamTalk: Fans Unite In Stand Against Prices

ESPN Fans launch petition against "rip off" ticket prices
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:49 pm

thanks for the info mate i have just signed up & think this is an important petition for us all to get involved with, especially with the proposed planning of a new ground etc as one thing will be for sure it will bound to effect our club! & if it does happen i want to have my say to the new owners that if they really do repect the history of our club & the fans they won"t try & price us genuine fans out of not only adults but the likes of my son who after all is the next generation of fans keeping our attendences full week in week out, & also keeping it affordable to travel to away games on a regular basis,as i really don"t agree with grading games as to what price you pay! genuine fans should be treated with more respect than the currant situation,btw they should also look at season ticket prices,and make it more beneficial to those who purchase season tickets, any idea"s would be gratefully recieved from me that"s for sure
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Is this the same as the manure fans at the fulham games? it is true that the big 4 (us, goons, cheatski and manure) always have to pay more for our tickets as we are grade a... which does suck. so if i paid for my tickets id sign this in a shot, but since i dont...

nah, i'll sign it, for sure, viva la revolution!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Has anyone got any evidence of any online petition ever having any effect whatsoever?

My feeling is that these kind of things are a million times easier to ignore than a written petition.

I absolutely agree with the sentiment though. A couple of seasons ago, I paid £15 on the gate to see Barnet v Accrington for a Conference league fixture. :wwww
ivor_the_injun

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 am

its easy, dont go to the game and ring sky and cancel your subscription and tell them why.

even better goto the game but dont enter the stadium.

if sky pull the plug then the big fatted calf on which todays players feed off will be no more.

its about time we started seeing some of the riches in the game come are way in the form of cheaper tickets

without us football is dead in the water.

anyway back to the real world and feeding the calf.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:29 am

Last season at Anfield i payed £33 i think.....noooooooooooo problem with that !Im happy to pay money when i know its going to the club in fact its a privilage to do it once in a while!

As for lesser teams charging more when the BIG teams come to their grounds..im not against that!I feel clubs should do more to help fans get to away matches..maybe lay on coaches.West Ham done it!

Basically its a day out,and where are ya gonna get a getter day out than watching the team you love?
This campaign is highlighted in the SUN...they seem to reckon they are the sperehead of the campaign....Im signing fu.ck all!

I pity fathers with sons and daughters ...discount there yes!

To boost the ego of an uneducated wh.ore journalist,in a rag that is toilet paper...NO WAY!
66-1120597113

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:48 am

BarryBelfast wrote:This campaign is highlighted in the SUN...they seem to reckon they are the sperehead of the campaign....Im signing fu.ck all!

To boost the ego of an uneducated wh.ore journalist,in a rag that is toilet paper...NO WAY!

I wouldn't know if it was or it wasn't barry mate, I don't read the rag let alone even glance at the fecker when I walk past the papers in the shops.

Anywhoooooooo

I think ticket prices should be reduced because it's not fair if it's cheaper for a small club's away fans than it is for a big clubs. Quite frankly, the ticket prices for the games in London are a joke and there's transport on top of that aswell.

I'm not talking about home games because I think 30 quid for an adult ticket is a fair price. But when you go to the likes of Fulham for an away game you are being charged 40 quid and more. Even if you go to newcastle, they ask quite a bit and you're stuck up in the clouds.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:07 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:This campaign is highlighted in the SUN...they seem to reckon they are the sperehead of the campaign....Im signing fu.ck all!

I wouldn't know if it was or it wasn't barry mate, I don't read the rag let alone even glance at the fecker when I walk past the papers in the shops.

Anywhoooooooo

I think ticket prices should be reduced because it's not fair if it's cheaper for a small club's away fans than it is for a big clubs. Quite frankly, the ticket prices for the games in London are a joke and there's transport on top of that aswell.

I'm not talking about home games because I think 30 quid for an adult ticket is a fair price. But when you go to the likes of Fulham for an away game you are being charged 40 quid and more. Even if you go to newcastle, they ask quite a bit and you're stuck up in the clouds.

Maybe im being selfish.....never been to many away matches!Only one!

I dont read the rag either but in work theres 6 of us that take our tea together...some do and they talk about it!

Its the Sun looking glory again...wanting to say..we got prices down! :no
66-1120597113

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:35 am

LFC's tickets are very cheap compared with all the teams in the league. I reckon only the promoted teams are cheaper.

We ain't got a bad deal, in comparison.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:25 am

i got me barca tickets yesterday i was going to sell them on because i was going away but i'm stayin to go the match (wife is not pleased) i paid £69 for 2 i'd pay that weekly for games to see the red's but agree the price should come down but with a packed ground every game i cant see them changing but we live in hope!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:33 am

daxy1 wrote:i got me barca tickets yesterday i was going to sell them on because i was going away but i'm stayin to go the match (wife is not pleased) i paid £69 for 2 i'd pay that weekly for games to see the red's but agree the price should come down but with a packed ground every game i cant see them changing but we live in hope!

Fu.ck sake mate thats a steal!

Enjoy the game!! :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:36 pm

Standard tickets for Prem matches these days are more expensive than standard tickets for a night out at the Royal Opera House. That to me says it all.

I think clubs should have a responsibility to make sure that supporting them doesn't place undue financial stress on fans, many of whom have not particularly well paid jobs, and several mouths to feed back home. Somewhere along the way a line got crossed where those making the decisions on ticket prices simply decided that the paying public were there to be milked, and not to be embraced.

More than that they need to remember that a football club isn't a squad of players and a manager. Ours is one of the few big teams that still feels like an inclusive family unit, and while all the Gillett and Hicks money finds its way into the club, I just hope that something's done to strengthen that.

I genuinely think there's an opportunity now to make a bold statement about how clubs should be run in relation to looking after the fans, and in turn set an example that gives hope to those teams in lower leagues that struggle to get fans through the gates. While the TV money and ticket prices go up, attendances outside the big 4 have generally been going down, and I'd love to see the Americans make a very brave decision when the new stadium arrives.

How about this:
Capping home ticket prices in the Premiership at £25
Away ticket prices capped at £15 (regardless of age)
Free entry to home games to under 16s with an accompanying adult (additional under 16s charged at half adult rate, ie: max £12.50)
Initiative where local school and youth teams compete for the prize of watching matches in executive boxes
Revise the Fan Card system so that it becomes a loyalty/reward scheme - for every 12 home games you attend, your ticket to your next home game is free
Extend the "SweeperZone" system (see http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/a_community.shtml) to encourage more youngsters to help keep the area around the stadium clean in exchange for free tickets
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:47 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Standard tickets for Prem matches these days are more expensive than standard tickets for a night out at the Royal Opera House. That to me says it all.

I think clubs should have a responsibility to make sure that supporting them doesn't place undue financial stress on fans, many of whom have not particularly well paid jobs, and several mouths to feed back home. Somewhere along the way a line got crossed where those making the decisions on ticket prices simply decided that the paying public were there to be milked, and not to be embraced.

More than that they need to remember that a football club isn't a squad of players and a manager. Ours is one of the few big teams that still feels like an inclusive family unit, and while all the Gillett and Hicks money finds its way into the club, I just hope that something's done to strengthen that.

I genuinely think there's an opportunity now to make a bold statement about how clubs should be run in relation to looking after the fans, and in turn set an example that gives hope to those teams in lower leagues that struggle to get fans through the gates. While the TV money and ticket prices go up, attendances outside the big 4 have generally been going down, and I'd love to see the Americans make a very brave decision when the new stadium arrives.

How about this:
Capping home ticket prices in the Premiership at £25
Away ticket prices capped at £15 (regardless of age)
Free entry to home games to under 16s with an accompanying adult (additional under 16s charged at half adult rate, ie: max £12.50)
Initiative where local school and youth teams compete for the prize of watching matches in executive boxes
Revise the Fan Card system so that it becomes a loyalty/reward scheme - for every 12 home games you attend, your ticket to your next home game is free
Extend the "SweeperZone" system (see http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/club/a_community.shtml) to encourage more youngsters to help keep the area around the stadium clean in exchange for free tickets

You talk balls ..Where would you rather go...Opera House or Anfield!

SUN Campaign that! :veryangry
66-1120597113

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:04 pm

Obviously I'd rather go to Anfield, but it says something about the way football fans are perceived that they're expected to pay the same sort of money that pearl-jangling opera fans do.
ivor_the_injun

Postby daxy1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:48 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Obviously I'd rather go to Anfield, but it says something about the way football fans are perceived that they're expected to pay the same sort of money that pearl-jangling opera fans do.

didnt lando or someone go the opera last year and yes he somtimes has pearl things around his neck!..  :D

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion