Thommo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:12 am

Chief Executive Rick Parry commented: "Following talks between Rafael Benitez and Phil it has been decided that Phil will leave the Club. All the discussions were conducted in a totally amicable manner and Phil leaves with our very best wishes for the future.

"I want to thank Phil for all his hard work over the past six years as he played a major part in the successes we enjoyed during that period.

"We will obviously be sitting down now with Rafa to discuss his backroom team and will make further announcements in due course."

looks like Benitez's backroom will be coming. I think this is a positive move as I think the new manager should worrk with people hw is close with and understand each other.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:17 am

Good luck Thommo and well done. :D

Benitez can do what he likes and what he feels is right.

If he thinks Gerrard should leave then i'll trust his judgement.
He has full backing and i hope he repays it with success. :)

He's going to fall in love with this club.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:49 am

Just wanted to wish Phil all the best for his future in football. A loyal Player and servant of Liverpool FC............

YNWA :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:33 am

Overall a good job by Phil - his most outstanding contribution being, guiding the team in clinching 2nd spot in the league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:38 am

What in the name of God was this "good Job" done by Thommo. He's been backwards and forwards from Anfield , every time to suit himself. He's made a fortune out of the club from jumping up and down like an idiot - his coaching abilities and qualifications don't bare comparison with Sammy Lees but he played the part of of Houlliers token scouser with aplomb.
Looking forward to seeing him on the Sky panto circuit next year!
Last edited by JohnBull on Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmyb » Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:47 am

i think some people should give thommo a bit of respect the man was LIVERPOOL through every bone in his body Lets just say thanks Phil and move on. How many of us will lift the european cup as a captain of LFC? he also was part of the management team that won LFC 4 major trophies BESTWISHES PHIL THOMPSON.
jimmyb

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:02 pm

I'd like to wish him the best of luck and I actually thought he did a better job as a caretaker manager than Houllier afterwards. We became much too defensive and had that 'uncertain' or lacking in confidence playing style which resulted in such dour style of play.

Anyway, Thommo, best of luck to you and thank you for your efforts.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:42 pm

Good luck Phil.  A great servant.
jonnymac1979

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:12 pm

great player and a good coach.  Remember when he talked about taking the European cup down to his local in Liverpool!  He said he woke up, hung over, not sure where it was.........luckly it was beside his bed :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:19 pm

Back to the DIY store in kirkby town center. Shame good luck Thommo you where a great player but to much of a brown nose to be a great assistant.
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion