The shankly spirit.. lives on - Mr & mrs benitez learning everyday!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:22 am

Anno a link to this was posted by someone earlier this week, unfortunatelty it did not work... so I started this for others to feel inspired and fall in love with Benitez even more ... or in the case of the majority of u lot .. admire him even more ...   :)

Rafael Benitez on Bill Shankly

"Bill Shankly brought fresh air to Anfield. They breathed ambition, discipline and success. So now what my wife and I do is learn about him every day. Montse spends some of her day reading books about the history of this great club and every day, when I finally get home from Melwood, she teaches me more and more about Liverpool FC and what made it great. It is true that I think too much about football, I always have. I spend ten hours or more every day in Melwood and when I come back to my house I still think about football. I'm on the sofa watching a video, maybe an old one from great Anfield nights in the 1970s or a scouting video or one taken of our next opponents, then I talk to my wife about my day at Melwood and all the things that are unresolved in my head. I fight hard to find some time for my daughters, but the rest... it's football."

What a guy ...    in safe hands our club sits  :)
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:27 am

:cool: Rafa is da maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:45 am

Any chance Mrs Rafa can come speak to my wife and daughter....they don't wanna listen when I talk football (no sarcasm please!!) and my boys not old enuff to ansa. Bet he listens tho! :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:46 am

Good job your not married to me then you would be tellin me to shut up about Liverpool :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:49 am

Hey, you want the wife? You're welcome!! :D  But I warn you, she won't let you talk Liverpool!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:50 am

Now......that'd be an intrestin pairin!! :;):

KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:50 am

LOL!!!!

Nice to hear about Rafa reading about Bill Shankly and history of Liverpool Football Club.

I can see Rafa will be long term manager of Liverpool, hope so!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:52 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:Any chance Mrs Rafa can come speak to my wife and daughter....they don't wanna listen when I talk football (no sarcasm please!!) and my boys not old enuff to ansa. Bet he listens tho! :p

I'm sure if you were earning 100K + to talk, think eat and drink footie.. your Mrs would know more than u ..  :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:52 am

KennyisGod....still wrote:Hey, you want the wife? You're welcome!! :D  But I warn you, she won't let you talk Liverpool!

:Oo: Erm................... no thanx stictly men only :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:59 am

Seriously, its good to know the history aint bein put to bed and that he wants to learn. Thats a major criticism of most foreigners that come here, wantin the money for little return. Rafa's got his head screwed on, he knows where he wants to go, but he wants to know where we've been before. I like this guy more every day. Tell you what tho, he's got some serious readin to do, hope that contract gets extended!!

KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:51 pm

Great to know Rafa is interested in our history.  Considering we're 2-0 down to Southampton at half-time he'll be well aware that Shankly is turning in his grave at this sorry performance.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:29 pm

Sean to true m8 it's a sad affair.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:38 pm

Maybe Mrs Benitez needs to start teaching the players the Shankly Spirit.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:52 am

... Benitez is the Shankly for this club right now...

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:53 am

zarababe wrote:... Benitez is the Shankly for this club right now...

:D
82-1074641017

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion