The odds - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:25 pm

good bob sounding more like the old stu every day.
klose top goalscorer? have u seen germany lately?
ballack is too big for his country now so he thinks and its all going bad, klose wont even be close to top goal scorer (see what i did there)

plkus u r too biased against chelsea when it comes to england. terry and lampard do a job for country, they score goals and they do well (i cant stand them but u cant deny the ability)
no team has all world class, name me brazils defense, germanys anything or virtually any team.
To say shevchenko will be up there is bizarre as well if u look at ukraines recent injuries
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:Now we have the top goalscorer for liverpool next season, these are the odds:

Crouch 4/1
Fowler 5/1
Gerrard 5/1
Cisse 8/1
Garcia 9/1
Alonso 12/1
Risse 12/1
D Bent 16/1
Hypia 20/1

Ok, so Cisse probably wont be here next season, but look at Daren Bent. 16/1 is  abig price and worth a few quid in anyones eyes. Of course if we do buy kuyt or Villa it would all change but thats how things stand and the early worm gets the value so ive put a few on bent just in case we do sign him, with a saver on gerrard whos always gonna bang them in.

Im not condoning betting, im really just saying that if this s what the experts say then it has to mean something.

Good luck all, lets make some money
:buttrock  :buttrock

Are u sure u don't work in a bookies!?    ???    :p
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:40 pm

i DO work in a bookies

:wwww
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:44 pm

:blush:    :D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:58 pm

England go into the tournament with the best central midfield partnership in the competition. They also in my opinion have the best central defensive partnership in the world Cup and the best left-back by a distance. The keeper is solid enough, as is the right back while the right midfielder is the best deleverer of a dead ball in football today.
Up top is where the weaknesses lie, as Owen looks nowhere near fir to me and is not in my opinion the player he once was anyway. Crouch while not being World-class will do a job.

It's easy to say "they're not good enough they won't win it" about any cup competition. After all by the nature of a knockout there can be only one winner so almost every time those that pick any team and say "they can't win it" will be proven correct. Based on current and previous form however, it is my assumption that Brazil will certainly reach the semi-finals. Similarly, if they can get their act together then I would expect as the host nation Germany would reach at least the quarters. Argentina are a very good team although like Brazil they originate from the wrong continent in this case. If Rooney was fit, then I would stick my neck out and say I fancied England very very strongly to win it. As it is, I think they go in with a big chance as one of the top three teams in my opinion. We shall see.

As for Shevcenko being the top goalscorer, I think we are confusing being "top striker" with top goalscorer. Knowing football is not the same as knowing gambling.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:14 pm

bigmick I hope you have already got your money on Crouch cos his odds will drop after his goals today. I must admit I hadnt thought of Crouch (my moneys on Owen) but he might be worth a "saver" bet. Your call is looking good at the minute. :)
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:15 pm

s@int wrote:bigmick I hope you have already got your money on Crouch cos his odds will drop after his goals today. I must admit I hadnt thought of Crouch (my moneys on Owen) but he might be worth a "saver" bet. Your call is looking good at the minute. :)

I did have an interest before the game at 65/1 (the 70's had gone). He's 30's now so you never know.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:20 pm

Can you tell us which company has got the Darren Bent odds at 16-1?
ALONSO

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:38 pm

I got him at 40/1 on ladbrokes about half an hour ago.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:57 pm

RedorDead wrote:England are not one of the top three sides in the tournamant. Brazil and Argentina? Yes they are worthy of their status as favourites but England have yet to show any real class.

i don't get all this hype about argentina. can somebody tell me what they have ever done in international competition in recent years to merit being talked about as one of the favourites?

ok we all agree, riquelme is superb. however messi is in exactly the same position as wayne rooney in terms of fitness and they will be overlyreliant on crespo to score the goals for them aswell imo.

if we get argentina at any stage, i think we'll beat them. we've beaten them the last two times we've played them anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:57 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I got him at 40/1 on ladbrokes about half an hour ago.

How much did you put on it?
columbia

Postby stmichael » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:00 pm

RedorDead wrote:I am not a big fan of Lampard and believe he is over rated....BUT.... he has just scored his 19th international goal in his 40th game for England. How is that not international class for a midfielder?

no freaking way has lampard scored 19 goals for england.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:01 pm

stmichael wrote:
RedorDead wrote:I am not a big fan of Lampard and believe he is over rated....BUT.... he has just scored his 19th international goal in his 40th game for England. How is that not international class for a midfielder?

no freaking way has lampard scored 19 goals for england.

he's scored 11 in 40, according to motty.
columbia

Postby ALONSO » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Quote (ivor_the_injun @ June 03 2006,17:38)
I got him at 40/1 on ladbrokes about half an hour ago.

I've looked on the ladbrokes site and can't find it, did you phone to get these odds?
ALONSO

Postby Good Bob » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:13 pm

bigmick wrote:England go into the tournament with the best central midfield partnership in the competition. They also in my opinion have the best central defensive partnership in the world Cup and the best left-back by a distance. The keeper is solid enough, as is the right back while the right midfielder is the best deleverer of a dead ball in football today.
Up top is where the weaknesses lie, as Owen looks nowhere near fir to me and is not in my opinion the player he once was anyway. Crouch while not being World-class will do a job.

It's easy to say "they're not good enough they won't win it" about any cup competition. After all by the nature of a knockout there can be only one winner so almost every time those that pick any team and say "they can't win it" will be proven correct. Based on current and previous form however, it is my assumption that Brazil will certainly reach the semi-finals. Similarly, if they can get their act together then I would expect as the host nation Germany would reach at least the quarters. Argentina are a very good team although like Brazil they originate from the wrong continent in this case. If Rooney was fit, then I would stick my neck out and say I fancied England very very strongly to win it. As it is, I think they go in with a big chance as one of the top three teams in my opinion. We shall see.

As for Shevcenko being the top goalscorer, I think we are confusing being "top striker" with top goalscorer. Knowing football is not the same as knowing gambling.

Mick please tell me mate you're having a laugh mate?

Lampard's so overated its untrue and Gerrard ain't a central midfielder mate. Neither of them can dictate and control a game against good sides. The other point is everyone knows they simply don't perform together.

Also you say the best central defense in the world cup? Terry? Get real mate. The lads another Jamie Carragher, never an international player. Campbell MAYBE if he can regain his old form.

Brazil will win the world cup. The only other sides that have a chance are Spain, France, Italy and the Argies. England aren't better than any of those sides and you're kidding yourself if you think they are. England have a half decent squad but its NOTHING on the squad they had last time. The one that beat Germany was the best England team i've ever seen including the one from Euro 96 which was also a good side. This current team is nowhere near those sides.

That team had Owen at his best, a developing Gerrard, Scholes and Beckham on top of there game, Ferdinand and Campbell at there best. The only weaknesses were a left winger and a goalkeeper. Now we have a goalkeeper, no Scholes, Beckham past his best, Campbell past his best, Owen nowhere near the same player as he once was and still the left wing causing major problems as Sven refuses to use Downing or Gareth Barry.

If you're going to sit there and say Cole is the answer out wide, Lampards anywhere near Scholes at his best, Campbell's as good as he was or Terry's as good and Ferdinand's still playing at his best level, combined with Owen being as good as he was and Rooney being unfit and we've got a chance i think you're completely deluded.
Good Bob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion