The draw - We want watford....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:51 pm

Poor Biscan did anyone see him bang into the advert boards?
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:53 pm

I think it hurts his chin, but this guy is build like a Skoda (you know what I mean) ouch...very ouch !
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:04 am

No problem for us, I better to book the hotel in Cardiff asap, so we can have a wild weekend in Cardiff!  :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:18 am

the priority is the league, so i say stick with the youngsters all the way, no way would i want gerrard or any important players getting injured over a mickey mouse cup
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:23 am

do we get any money if we won this?
if we do win it would be a bigger boost then us beating arsenal
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:26 am

i wouldn't think you'd get that much 2 b honest, would watford not get a european place cause they're the only team in it left to be likely to not be in europe next year? or does it go to the 7th placed team in the premier or neither? and the money would be useful, more money for rb, thats if u get much im not sure
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:16 am

it would be great to win the league cup in memory of elymn hughes the only cup he never won here :( :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:17 am

mrcool2003 wrote:i wouldn't think you'd get that much 2 b honest, would watford not get a european place cause they're the only team in it left to be likely to not be in europe next year? or does it go to the 7th placed team in the premier or neither? and the money would be useful, more money for rb, thats if u get much im not sure

they would get a european place if they get into the final just  like millwall this season
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:36 am

thought that was just the FA Cup, I heard somewhjere that you have to win the Carling Cup to qualify for Europe, even if the winninf finalsist are already in Europe.

i may be wrong, can any1 clarify this?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:29 am

from soccernet.com

Victorious Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez refused to rule out bringing back his top players for the Carling Cup semi-final against Watford.

'We have a lot of tired players and we will wait and see nearer the time,' he said.

'It depends on the players at the time of the games but I still have the same idea as when I arrived. My priorities are the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

'I don't want to win the Carling Cup and finish 10th in the Premiership. I want to finish in the top four and win more things.'

Benitez was delighted with the spirit shown by his kids, particularly in the penalty shoot-out.

He added: 'I was not surprised. For the future of the club it is important to have young players playing this kind of game. It will give them more experience and they will remember this situation.'

Benitez was also pleased with Pongolle's contribution from the penalty spot. Liverpool are in the midst of a striker crises but Pongolle's two penalties will give Benitez more options.

He added: 'It was important for him to score. Against Arsenal Neil Mellor played well and now Pongolle has scored two important goals. It gives me more options in attack now.'

Beaten Spurs coach Martin Jol will forgive striker Kanoute but blamed him for the defeat.

Jol could not understand why his striker handled the ball four minutes from the end of extra-time with Spurs leading 1-0 and then was not cool enough to convert his spot-kick in the shoot-out.

Jol said: 'The defeat hurts but I still cannot understand why he did it. There was no pressure on him. How can you handle it?

'Fredi is too disappointed. But he knows he should not do it. We have to move on because we need Fredi. Of course, it is not unforgivable but Fredi has to go on. It cost us dearly. At every club there is a person like that but I can't believe we are still doing those sort of things.

'He was not cool with his penalty. It is about coolness. But I know Fredi and in training he is always scoring penalties.'

Failure to take their chances, and Spurs had numerous ones to finish off Liverpool, was also a problem for Jol.

'We should have been two or three up. We did not punish them. In the first-half everybody could see there was no problem for us. They played a lot of youngsters but we did not finish our chances. We punish ourselves all the time. the difference between success and failure is too thin.'
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:11 am

Hopefully we'll get to the final and win it. Its now a distinct possibility and there for the taking. I think if we can get to the final we'd have to go with the first teamers as Chelsea and the scum would. The young lads have done brilliantly though since coming in and the experience will do them good. Great result for them last nite as it wasn't exactly a team of ****** players they beat. :D

Would make the season a whole lot brighter. What a start that would be for Rafa and the players this season aswell.

All those saying its a mickey mouse cup can go f*(k themselves to be honest, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing my team win a competative competition.

COMMON REDMEN!! :cool:
115-1073096938

Postby laza » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:15 am

It only ever seems to be  a mickey mouse cup if you dont win it. :)
Great work by youngsters and other assorted squadies, i like to see them given their chance for 1 st leg against Watford though the side would have to be strenghened for the final. Unfortunately no sentiment when dealing with likes of Chelski and the Mancs
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:18 am

Well said.

The younger lads all deserve the chance to get us to the final though. In both legs.

I'd put Gerrard, Alonso, Luis Garcia and Baros on the bench in the second leg though just incase with Welsh in the team instead of Diao.
115-1073096938

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:32 am

LFC #1 wrote:thought that was just the FA Cup, I heard somewhjere that you have to win the Carling Cup to qualify for Europe, even if the winninf finalsist are already in Europe.

i may be wrong, can any1 clarify this?

yeh it is i throught it was for both cups though but if watford win the cup they have uefa cup football same with us man u and chelski .But you expect the remaining premier league teams to qualify for a european competition
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:08 am

stu_the_red wrote:Hopefully we'll get to the final and win it. Its now a distinct possibility and there for the taking. I think if we can get to the final we'd have to go with the first teamers as Chelsea and the scum would. The young lads have done brilliantly though since coming in and the experience will do them good. Great result for them last nite as it wasn't exactly a team of ****** players they beat. :D

Would make the season a whole lot brighter. What a start that would be for Rafa and the players this season aswell.

All those saying its a mickey mouse cup can go f*(k themselves to be honest, nothing gives me more pleasure than seeing my team win a competative competition.

COMMON REDMEN!! :cool:

so you'd rather finish 5th in the premier and win the league cup? are you mad?

it is a mickey mouse cup, if it wasn't, do u not think full strength teams would be used? look at the arsenal team last nite sure, chelsea is the only team taking it seriously

yes of course i love to see them win the league cup, but its the last in the list of priorites for this season, the important competitions are the league and the champions league and the fa cup, none of the other trophies matter, its good experience for the kids though and i think it will stand them in good stead for the future

and stu try and talk to ppl not tell them to go f**k theirselves cause you disagree with what im saying, if everyone did that on here, they'd be a riot, so next time if u disagree with me, tell me on here in a civilised way and we can discuss it, but anyway i replyed to your comment above
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion