Swp - Why dont we swap

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:59 am

LFC #1 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Owen didn't excite you as much as Fowler or Barnes? :(

???

Owen though a great player (deffo on a par with Fowler and Barnes) can hardly be described as an exciting player IMO, Fowler and Barnes could do some absolutly extrodinary things with a football that really took your breath away.

:censored: me, I must of been watching a different footballer!

Michael Owen was, and still is a pretty exciting footballer if you ask me. When he got on the ball near goal you expected him to do something special, and he often did, the FA Cup Final in 2001 is a perfect example.

His pace, good ball control and ability to beat players will always make him an exciting player IMO.

Im not doubting that owen scored some good goals but i think that you cant compare him to a Fowler or a Barnes for edge of your seat style excitment, you mention the FA cup final goal wich was a quality finish, but it hardly compares to some of Fowlers 25 yard screamers, for example have a look at some of Fowlers goals from 95/96 if you wanna talk about some crackers! i spose it all boils down to whatever you like best personally and what style of play you enjoy i spose.

Some prefer Ronaldhinio over Zidane, some may prefer a 30 yard screamer, others a tap in at the end of a good team passing move. Its all down to personal preference i supose.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:02 am

fair points, Owen isn't the sort of player who scores 30 yard screamers or beats a player with Ronaldo style stepovers or Cruyff turns but he is still an exciting player.

However if you want real exciting attacking football it can't get any better than Brazil in full flight like tonight against the Argies.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:06 am

LFC #1 wrote:fair points, Owen isn't the sort of player who scores 30 yard screamers or beats a player with Ronaldo style stepovers or Cruyff turns but he is still an exciting player.

However if you want real exciting attacking football it can't get any better than Brazil in full flight like tonight against the Argies.

here here, now thats football entertainment! lord knows where the Brazilians learn those skills but it always a priveledge to watch them, usually they give an awesome display of skill  :bowdown
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:14 am

Apparently they make all their youngsters play Futsal, which, if you have ever played or watched it,  encourages very good close ball control in tight spaces and precision passing and finishing. Lessons can be learnt from every other Football nation on Brazil's methods because the just keep producing extraordinary talents and continue to be the best football nation bar none.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:27 am

Robinho didn't play on grass until he was 14, he played Futsal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:50 am

I don't understand why the FA don't push futsal. (Well I do - because they're all too busy nailing that ugly rent-bint Alam(?)). And I don't think we should offer Smicer in p/x for SWP, as Bordeaux would be pretty miffed!!!!! :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:06 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I don't understand why the FA don't push futsal. (Well I do - because they're all too busy nailing that ugly rent-bint Alam(?)).

NO.Because the FA stands for FOOTBALL Association,not FUTSAL Association.
116-1104673748

Postby babu » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:08 am

thomas88 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I don't understand why the FA don't push futsal. (Well I do - because they're all too busy nailing that ugly rent-bint Alam(?)).

NO.Because the FA stands for FOOTBALL Association,not FUTSAL Association.

wow thomas, as always you get straight to the heart of the matter....  :O   :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops_revolution » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:36 pm

swp is rated around 20 mill n Liv do not have the financial ability to compete wif chelsea.
kops_revolution

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:05 pm

i agree that owen is a world class striker, and he is my hero. He is a more get the job done, rather than put some flash on the ball striker. I dont think he would put a fantastic volley into the back of the net like in turin by garcia. He is the poacher, and just wants to get that ball in the back of the net. He doesnt think about how he is going to do it. He just wants to do it. Thats why he is a great striker, he doesnt care about the flash. Owen is just as good as Barns or Fowler, but he doesnt have the same flash as them.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:12 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:I dont think he would put a fantastic volley into the back of the net like in turin by garcia.

your memory is very short CRA, that goal was at Anfield not in Turin.   :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:14 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:I dont think he would put a fantastic volley into the back of the net like in turin by garcia.

your memory is very short CRA, that goal was at Anfield not in Turin.   :D

:D

yeah it was almost as devastating as that volley kewell scored for everton a while back. :p

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:18 pm

oh I remember that one it was against Blackpool when Kenny Keegan and Kevin Beattie were playing! :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:24 pm

so thomas88 has been banned i see
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion