Sven - Are u talking about liverpool sven?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kopper » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:15 pm

Quoted in The Sun newspaper, he said: "At the moment, I don't think of any clubs in the Premiership as most have good managers.

"I also know that I can't improve the players at Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea as they have good managers and coaches.

"I don't want to be a loser and that is why I must be very careful the next time I choose a club or a country.

"I must join a club where I can improve thngs. The absolute best club would be a 'sleeping giant' with a great following, big ground and good economy.

"If I take a club in England, it must be a challenge. I want to be a winner."

Eriksson added: "Until we fly home from Portugal, I will be giving everything for the England national team."

His comments seem to suggest Liverpool....don't they?
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby sangy » Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:06 pm

or leeds muhahahahaha   :p

Seriously yeh does seem like he chattin bout us m8!!!
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 am

He can't seriously rule out Chelski, they haven't won anything yet for all the money they've thrown at it. Depends whether he wants to win things or enjoys a challenge, only a biased England fan would believe he could win things with England.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:39 am

Sven spent a year under  Bob Paisely in the 70's, and is a fan of LFC so maybe he wants to take up the reign for the club he supported for many years....be it for a challenge or like most of us feel, just wake up the 'sleepin giant' with the correct management. He also made these comments while being linked with Chelsea and I feel he made this comment to squash the link. "I also know that I can't improve the players at Manchester United, Arsenal or Chelsea as they have good managers and coaches."..............This could also be to just cool the speculation but I think otherwise, I think he would prefer the Liverpool job.
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:27 pm

I reckon Sven will be 2nd favourite with the Bookies for the Reds hotseat when GH does the honourable thing (or Moores wakes up to smell the coffee). I still think Sven fancies the Chelski job as the club bares a close resemblance to Lazio e.g. Cosmopolitan club with no real history of winning things and bags and bags of cash. Given the choice between the 2 jobs he would take the bridge i'm sure. MON will be next Liverpool manager - I would bet my house on it (if i owned one)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:52 pm

Kopper what ever possessed you to read the sun Everyone knows that, that particular paper is rubbish
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:02 pm

kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:09 pm

Sven is 2nd favourite to be next Liverpool boss? There is no way we have him, over my dead body. We cannot afford to pay his wages.
I can see MON (Martin O'Neill) will be next Liverpool boss, that would be great choice to have him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:13 pm

The problem with both managers is that they are both being linked with other clubs...Sven with Chelsea and MON with Man U. If we want to obtain either of their services it will have to be SOON. IMO the end of this season is the time to act. I would prefer either of the two.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:20 pm

MON won't take over at Man Utd, can't see that. I know he has been linked with them but nothing to be confirm. So, I reckon Fergie will stay at Man Utd until he die.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopper » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:25 pm

Dunno about that, Fergie only recently signed a 1 year rolling extension to his contract. And there is big drama surrounding his transfers or something.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:41 pm

I'm sure MON would jump at the chance of the Manc job if it comes up in the summer but i can't see Fergie going anywhere for a little while yet. Can any1 see Fergie backing down in his scrap with Magnier and McManus by quitting the club? not a chance! And i'm sure the reason he has signed a rolling contract is so that he can keep his retirement plans to himself when he decides to call it a day.
Newcastle may also be in for MON coz i have a feeling Robson will call it a day at the end of the season. Lets hope he will be Liverpool Bound by then. I for one, will be doing the Kan-Kan round my front room if we do get him!  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:25 am

Is it not true that MON hadnever broke a contract as manger ? I may be wrong , however he's never been offered a deal with a big prem club so that might swing it. I don't believe the spat between GH and MON has helped so I'd say utd have the edge (Again ??? ) I'd like to see Sven or Ranieri at Liverpool myself , both are proven quality. I'm still with Curbishley but it would be a brave move from LFC.  WALK ON .........:p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:33 am

I really think Sven visited all those chelsea games to check out players, heck If I was him, I'd go to see Crespo, Dunn, Veron, Mutu all playing together as well. Not to mention Lampard got an English Jersey not long after, Johnson, Bridges, Hasselbank and Terry were probably being checked out also. If anything the new players have pushed and helped these guys to a new level.

Not that I'm an expert, but didnt all the Sven/Chelski speculation appear after he showed up to all their early games? With the russian buying players from all over and the Manu business manager one Journo probably thought, "why wouldnt he buy a manager too?". Then started printing his fancifuls... now  I could be totally wrong about this, but, thats the gut feeling I got at the time.

As to affording Sven, well we dont have to pay a transfer fee now do we?
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:49 am

oh scrap what I said, after further research it was actually sven who mentioned Chelsea in a swedish paper interview.

one quote missing out of the start of the post

"If that happens and if, let's say, Chelsea has been a flop from now until May, then something can happen."

Eriksson stressed, however, that he had not been in talks with Chelsea.

Also, this was all translated from a swedish paper, so who knows what slant the journo put on it.

Lastly, I dont think sven is the way to go, but what about Ranieri? If Chelsea fail to see his value, I surely do.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion