Start mellor

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:16 am

Mellor has scored 7 goals in his first 3 games back in reserves, including 4 aginst west brom in his return match.

I think we should give him run in the first team, bring him off the bench in the 2nd half against Boro if we need a goal perhaps, what do you all think?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:22 am

Dunno, I just can't warm to Mellor at all. He's full of effort & energy but I just don't think he's good enough. Look at it this way - do you think he'd get a game at Arsenal, Chelsea or the scum?

Reminds me of Eric Meijer - his heart's in the right place but I'm afraid he can't cut the mustard at premiership level.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:23 am

Whether you think it's a good idea or not - we can't. He's only allowed to play for the reserves after returning from his loan prematurely because he got special permission. Technically he's still loaned out for the rest of the season, and so is ineligible to play for the first team.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:29 am

Cheers Ivor, conundrum solved!  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:36 am

ivor_the_injun

Postby Woollyback » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:42 am

What a pile of sh##e these rules seem to be. Surely if the loan spell has been binned by both parties then they can come back to us and play? Fair enough if it's been made a special condition of the loan but otherwise what's the f##king advantage to anybody in having that rule?

At least it's only Otsemobor & Mellor
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:12 am

Mellor couldn't get a game at West Ham so how come people want him thrown back into the Liverpool side at what is a critical time of the season ? Anyway it doesn't matter who plays up front , its whats supplying behind them thats lacking at the moment.

I sincerely hope we do make 4th  and spend the summer  working on why a team with this much talent and obvious attacking ability has on too many occasions this season failed to break down teams. At home in HALF of our games we have failed to take all 3 pts ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shankill butcher » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:23 am

hmnnnnnnnnnnn now ..why could this be? ???? ????
  Thats a hard one ..Id really need to think about that...maybe its becos um ...the fans arent cheering them on enough...orrrrrrrrrr ummm maybe their shorts are too tight round the bag area...it really is a mystery ...Houllier wouldnt have anything to do with this GOD NOOOOOOO!!! LOL  :laugh:
Youll Never walk Alone
shankill butcher

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:47 am

Mellor is okay, but BAROS and PONGOLLE issues haven't been sorted out yet. Heskey is still stuck in front of the line before the young forces burst out to actually prove themselves.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:28 pm

You must be really desperate since you wan't mellor to play. He was not good enough for a mid table 1 division side, and now you think he should be selected ahead of Baros? Mellor is a nice lad, but not the solution to our problems. My opinion: the boy is really slow, lacks flair and dribbling skills, lousy control and passing skills. On the positive side he is full of drive and determination. This is not enough for me. And finally I believe that this is not the right time of the season to start playing inexperienced youngsters.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:38 pm

It is sad to hear about him. I am afraid that he is not good enough for play for Liverpool anymore. I think GH should let him go now cos he want 1st team football and Mellor is getting older now, it is time for him to leave for another club.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:21 am

well said Danglish,,,,,i've naught to add....
:;):
bedlovedays

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion