Adebisi

Postby babu » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:30 pm

My condolences to Rafa and his family

God Bless

YNWA

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:09 pm

RIP MR Benitez SNR, thank you for blessing us with such a wonderful manager. Gracias
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby romliv » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:09 pm

all one's sympathy for Mr Benitez and his family
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby tommycockles » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:11 pm

do you think the players will be able to wear black arm-bands as a tribute since Rafa can't go to his own Dad's funeral? or is this reserved for players only?

RIP Rafa Snr -YNWA
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Robin_kopite7 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:29 pm

I send my deepest condolences to Rafa and his family

Rest in peace Rafa Snr, rest in peace - YNWA
Robin_kopite7

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:30 pm

My condolences to Rafa and his family.

R.I.P Francisco Benitez

You'll Never Walk Alone
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:35 pm

I think he should go home and attend his dads funeral. But if he wishes to stay I'm not gonna force him.

Off topic
They are kinda weird in Spain when it comes to funerals. They burry them really quickly so it would be really easy to kill someone and get away with it since they have no time to really check the cause of death. Where I live everyone that dies has to go through an autopsy. They do it the next day.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Lionheart » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:36 pm

Farewell Francisco Benitez...the legacy you leave is a true testament to your life.

Rest in peace Sir!!

You'll Never Walk Alone

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:48 pm

FIFA are expected to announce they will be holding a minute's silence before the World Club Championship final between Liverpool and Sao Paulo as a mark of respect to the passing away of Rafael Benitez's father earlier this week. 
Although it has yet to be confirmed publically, sources at FIFA in Tokyo believe it is 99.9% certain to go ahead although there will be no wearing of black armbands by either sets of players.

Earlier today Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was in Madrid a couple of times because my father has been ill for the last few months.

"I was talking to my mother, sister and brother when my father died. We tried to go there but in Spain you do not have the time. They couldn't delay the funeral.

"I couldn't go so I decided to stay here. I will go and see my mother next week so for me it is perhaps better to concentrate on working. You can be very upset but if you are working sometimes you can just think about your work. My mother is there though and I will try to be with her as soon as possible.

"The only thing I can do now is try to do my best for my team and think about my father."

Everyone at Liverpoolfc.tv and the club as a whole send their deepest condolences to Rafael, his mother and the entire Benitez family at this extremely sad time. 

courtesy of http://www.liverpoolfc.tv
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:09 pm

They are kinda weird in Spain when it comes to funerals. They burry them really quickly so it would be really easy to kill someone and get away with it since they have no time to really check the cause of death. Where I live everyone that dies has to go through an autopsy. They do it the next day.

There's no need to cut a man in pieces if the death is natural. As is in this case. Proper investigations are done when it's due .

I had a ball in my throat twice this morning, when I read Whrighty's post and when I hear Rafa. I was real sad, coudn't help to drop a tear. Rafa's love towards his family was almost touchable when I hear his words. It was an expected death so I'm sure those 2 big men, Paco (1) and Rafa, had properly say good bye and talked man to man.

I liked the respect of the journalist (I think) that made clear he has a family in Liverpool He indeed has.

VIVA PACO!!!!!!! VIVA RAFA!!!!!!

Sabre

(1) Just as Larry is Lawrence, and Pepe is Jose (Joseph), Paco = Francisco but with a tone of affection and confidence to the person.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:15 pm

Very very sad indeed, Feel very sorry that Rafa missed his father's funeral. Condolences to Rafa and his fmaily, RIP Francisco Benitez. :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Sad news indeed, and a real shame he couldnt be at home at the time

RIP
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 114-1134093424 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:14 pm

RIP for rafael benitez`s dad.
114-1134093424

Postby Gareth G » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:21 pm