Ramon calliste - Whats the score

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:01 pm

columbia wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Caught a couple of ressie games this season, and he looks half decent, very skillful and good movement Taff.

I have enquired with William Hill about him scoring a hat trick against MAn Utd before 25, waiting for the odds back.

I like hte look of him, but I dont work for LFc....

What do you think of Hobbs, Anderson and Barragan?

Seen the reserves once live this year, Barragan looked really classy and Hobbs looked outstanding, we didn't have Anderson at the time but he's got alot of really impressive reviews.

ive not seen anderson live yet but from what ive seen from the reserve highlight on the liverpool website he look promising. He's got strength, pace and good control, can put in adecent ball to. In a couple of the games on the highlights he seems to be involved in absolutely everything good we do, (set up 3 goals the other day)

obviously we shouldnt get to carried away but he's promising.

I've seen that, just not live, you can't judge a player of tv highlights.
115-1073096938

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
columbia wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Caught a couple of ressie games this season, and he looks half decent, very skillful and good movement Taff.

I have enquired with William Hill about him scoring a hat trick against MAn Utd before 25, waiting for the odds back.

Seen the reserves once live this year, Barragan looked really classy and Hobbs looked outstanding, we didn't have Anderson at the time but he's got alot of really impressive reviews.

ive not seen anderson live yet but from what ive seen from the reserve highlight on the liverpool website he look promising. He's got strength, pace and good control, can put in adecent ball to. In a couple of the games on the highlights he seems to be involved in absolutely everything good we do, (set up 3 goals the other day)

I realise that, i haven't judged him yet. When i heard he had signed id never seen him play even on highlights so i didnt no what to expect, I still dont. I just cant help the fact that my hopes have been raised ever so slightly since seeing the highlights and reading some reviews.
columbia

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 pm

columbia wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
columbia wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

I realise that, i haven't judged him yet. When i heard he had signed id never seen him play even on highlights so i didnt no what to expect, I still dont. I just cant help the fact that my hopes have been raised ever so slightly since seeing the highlights and reading some reviews.

Thats the reason i asked, from the highlights he looked fairly promising and direct, looked a bit small and doesn't look to have lightening pace though. Still haven't seen him in person to judge the lad.
115-1073096938

Postby mighty mo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:53 pm

what is his goal tally for the season so far?
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:42 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

Mellor scored twenty five in the ressies last year lad.

Really?

Considering he missed the start of the season and the whole of the second half of the season, and was in the first team squad most of the time when he was fit, I find that very hard to believe.

I think your talking about 2 or 3 seasons ago. I’m as sure as I can be without having access to the stats that Mellor did not score anywhere near 25 goals for the reserves last year.

If anyone could find the stats relating to Neil Mellor and how many goals he scored for the reserves last year it would be much appreciated.

It was the season before last he scored 25 goals in a season.

He has never scored 25 goals in a season.

My post was a pi.ss take.

He scored 7 or 8 2004-5 and 11 in 2003-4.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:44 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:But I agree that he was probably bought here to make up the numbers more than anything else, last year our reserves suffered badly without any strikers, so he was probably bought in for this purpose.

Mellor scored twenty five in the ressies last year lad.

Really?

Considering he missed the start of the season and the whole of the second half of the season, and was in the first team squad most of the time when he was fit, I find that very hard to believe.

I think your talking about 2 or 3 seasons ago. I’m as sure as I can be without having access to the stats that Mellor did not score anywhere near 25 goals for the reserves last year.

If anyone could find the stats relating to Neil Mellor and how many goals he scored for the reserves last year it would be much appreciated.

Sorry mate, a personal in joke. A mate of mine always says that the reserve striker "scored 25 goals last season and is better than our current strikers".

He scored 7 last season and 10 the season before.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:07 pm

taff wrote:

Thanks leon.

The papers down here have built him up a bit especially for a reserve player and the fact he was released by Man Utd.

Is there any player in reserves that stands out head and shoulders

Beslan Idrizaj...very talanted young boy. He scored a few crackers aswell this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:
taff wrote:

Thanks leon.

The papers down here have built him up a bit especially for a reserve player and the fact he was released by Man Utd.

Is there any player in reserves that stands out head and shoulders

Beslan Idrizaj...very talanted young boy. He scored a few crackers aswell this season.

What about him?

Just out of curiousity how many times have you seen him live?
115-1073096938

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:18 pm

Well see calliste scored the winner in the mini-derby tonight.

------------------------------------------

A goal from Welsh Under-21 international Ramon Calliste gave Liverpool Reserves a 1-0 victory over 10 man Everton in the mini derby at Southport's Haig Avenue. 
Calliste, who had come on as a substitute for the injured Besian Idrizaj, latched onto a long clearance from Liverpool goalkeeper David Martin and finished superbly tucking the ball under Blues stopper Thordur Ingasson. The goal came 15 minutes from time and it was Calliste's fifth goal of the season for the reserves.

Then a minute from time Liverpool were grateful to defender James Smith who made a brilliant goal line clearance to deny Everton a share of the spoils. Smith hasn't featured much this season but he always gives 100 per cent and total commitment to the cause. He had an excellent game at left back.

The Blues were reduced to 10 men after 68 minutes when Everton captain James Harris was shown a straight red card for a wild lunge on Adam Hammill.

Danish international Daniel Agger made a 45 appearance for Liverpool in what was a highly competitive mini derby, although he did leave the field at half-time limping. Agger was the star name in a young Liverpool side, while Everton fielded Republic of Ireland international Lee Carsley as he makes his return to fitness after injury.

Liverpool Reserve managers Paco Herrera and Hughie McAuley fielded 17-year-old Austrian Besian Idrizaj as a lone striker with Danny Guthrie playing just behind him, supported by wingers Paul Anderson and Adam Hammill. Unfortunately Idrizaj's evening only lasted barely 10 minutes before he was forced off the field with a foot injury. Welsh Under-21 international Calliste took his place in attack.

Jack Hobbs captained the side for the third second string game running and the 17-year-old had a superb game, showing great maturity in the holding midfield role.

Spanish right back Antonio Barragan then needed treatment following a clattering challenge just outside the Everton penalty area, as the tackles were flying around in a very competitive mini derby. Agger also needed treatment after a late tackle from James Harris. Everton also had Carsley booked for repeated back-chat to the referee.

The first half was a stop-start affair but Liverpool's best chance came after 18 minutes. It started with some terrific wing play from Anderson but his cross was just missed by the lurking Guthrie.

Everton had a glorious chance after 34 minutes when Victor Anichebe sent Paul Hopkins clean through, but the striker miscued and shot wide.

Liverpool went close after 42 minutes when Guthrie's deflected rasping shot from a corner went just wide.

The Reds made a change at half-time when Agger was replaced at centre half by Danny O'Donnell.

Both defences were on top in the second half but Liverpool goalkeeper David Martin saved his side with a fine stop to deny John Paul Kissock after the winger had tricked his way into the Reds penalty area.

After Harris was sent-off for a bad tackle on Hammill Liverpool got the winning goal 15 minutes from time, when substitute Calliste finished well after a clearance from Reds keeper Martin.

There was an injury scare for the Reds ahead of the FA Youth Cup meeting with Carlisle United on Monday, when Miki Roque left the field injured two minutes from time with what appeared to be a hamstring problem.

Everton Reserves: Ingason, Wynne, Kearney, Wright, Boyle, Carsley (Vidarsson 60), Seargeant, Harris, Hopkins, Anichebe, Kissock (Phelan 70).

Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Barragan, Smith, Roque (Antwi 88), Agger (O'Donnell 45), Hobbs, Anderson, Peltier,Idrizaj (Calliste 10), Guthrie, Hammill. Subs not used: Willis, Foy.

Referee: I Nolan.

Liverpoolfc.tv Man of the match: Jack Hobbs. Excellent performance from the 17-year-old. Lee Peltier also had a fine match alongside Hobbs in the centre of midfield and James Smith was outstanding at left back.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:46 pm

Cult hero status beckons, signed from Man, proves his worth and saves us millions, scores against the blue noses........

This lad might have a bright future.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 pm

I guess time will tell, but I think not.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:42 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I guess time will tell, but I think not.

have to agree with you there...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:45 am

7_Kewell wrote:

Another quality contribution from 7_Kewell, great insight into the players abilities, you have so much to base that opinion on, totally brilliant.

:D
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:54 am

stu_the_red wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

Another quality contribution from 7_Kewell, great insight into the players abilities, you have so much to base that opinion on, totally brilliant.

:D

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:27 am

I've seen Calliste a couple of times. Not particularly thrilled with what I saw on either occasion. Put himself about gamely, but his positioning's wasn't great, and his finishing was awful. Couple of occasions under no pressure he was blasting horribly when a fairly simple pass into the corner would've done the job. Bit head down like Baros at times as well. Don't think he'll come through for us, to be honest, although I'd be interested to see his goal against Everton's reserves.

Anderson, on the other hand, may find himself on the fringe of the first team next season. He's not the biggest, but he's got a few tricks up his sleeve, and he does that wing job much like Riise sometimes does for us on the left - running relentlessly at the full back all night long, putting good crosses in, and offering a pretty good shot from distance as well. The kind of player the fans would really get behind.

Hobbs too looks like a good long-term bet. Very mature for his age. It'll be interesting to see how he'll be brought through, bearing in mind the new blood we've got in defence now.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion