Rafa the gaffer spells out his plan - The news we have longed to hear

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:06 pm

it's going to be the greatest premiership season ever. wenger, benitez, ferguson and mourihno battling it out. let the mind games begin. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:18 pm

Speaking of mind games, did anyone here Santini trying his had a mind games?

He try'd to stir up sh*t saying that Henry and Pires and a major fall out, that was later quashed by both players. I bet Fergie and Arsene with laughing there socks.

I don't think RB will even enter the ring regarding mind games. He'll make sure the lads do that on the pitch.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:27 pm

azriahmad wrote:I'd give him some time. Winning the Premiership is very difficult because even the "small" teams can play above themselves and cause upsets. You don't get the minnows/whipping boys beating Real Madrid or Valencia or Barcelona to cause stunning upsets regularly like Bolton and Charlton did last year.

Sorry to call you on this Azriahmad but both Barca and Real have suffered some terrible whippings at home to lower teams over the past 24 months. Real lost their last five league games last season, and lost 3-0 to Mallorca.

The previous year they lost 5-1 at home to Mallorca.

The Spanish League is very tough, and on their day, almost every La Liga side can hammer even the big guns.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:29 pm

Azriahamad say:

Winning the Premiership is very difficult because even the "small" teams can play above themselves and cause upsets. You don't get the minnows/whipping boys beating Real Madrid or Valencia or Barcelona to cause stunning upsets regularly like Bolton and Charlton did last year.

Real Zaragoza - Barcelona  2-1
Real Madrid - Real Sociedad 1-4
Murcia - Real Madrid 2-1
Sevilla - Real Madrid 4-1
Malaga - Barcelona 5-1
Valencia - Albacete 0-1
Valencia - Osasuna 0-1

Just some examples of upsets. Average spanish teams have progressed far in european competitions lately. Wake up Azriahamad.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:36 pm

ckay wrote:Speaking of mind games, did anyone here Santini trying his had a mind games?

He try'd to stir up sh*t saying that Henry and Pires and a major fall out, that was later quashed by both players. I bet Fergie and Arsene with laughing there socks.

I don't think RB will even enter the ring regarding mind games. He'll make sure the lads do that on the pitch.

He completly spinned the story which i heard.

What i heard was something about the arsenal trio (henry, pires & viera) devising a scheme to get zidane play on the left flank instead of centre so that zidane will not steal the lime-light. They told this to santini and he apparantly agreed.

If this is true, then santini is m0r0n. And spurs are doomed.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:59 pm

With or without Santini Spurs don't rate.  I don't think Arsenal can repeat the peak of last seasons unbeaten run, don't rule out United especially with Ferdinand returning and I've a feeling that Mourinho is going to turn out to be a nightmare for Chelsea.  Despite the dead wood, there is still alot of talent at Liverpool and Benetiz can surprise us all and win the title at his first attempt.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Sean wrote:Despite the dead wood, there is still alot of talent at Liverpool and Benetiz can surprise us all and win the title at his first attempt.

i hear u dude....i hear u........i am pretty sure we can win the league next season.

I don't think arsenal will dominate like last season. After Euro Champs, most managers will know how to stop henry. Just cut the supply and isolate him. He will become impatient and lose focus. If you can stop henry, arsenal is there for the taking.

I also agree with your assement of chelsea. I am kind of suprise the mourino is rebuilding chelsea ..what with all the talent they already have there. This should have been their season if they had continued with the same squad.

As for the scums...its the end. AF will turn out to be another brian clough if he stays there longer. I sure hope he does though.

We will have to watch out for brimingham and boro. They have bought smart this summer. No need to mention about the rest.....

I really can't wait for the season to start. I am feeling as optimistic as after 2001 treble season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:04 pm

I feel that a Whole load of guys on this board are heaping up the pressure on the gaffer with talk about winning the league. Lets just sit back and let the guy do his job, it could take time for him to get us where he feel we should be.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby zarababe » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:06 pm

Lets just all be happy :) and enjoy the dawning of a new era..we can't analyse a thing until the first lot of games have passed us by.. the I'm sure you'll all be logged on psycho-analysing every blade of grass:laugh:

Enjoy the optimism.. though reading some of the comments on here.. it's like where managerless.. we've appointed a no- hoper and with 23 games to go where out of every competition ! get a grip people and enjoy the view.. the man in the Red .. he's our Boss !
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:33 am

Well wanting to be at the top, and actually getting there are two different things. He didnt say anything like, im gonna buy such and such a player, change this change that etc, did he.

Ill beleive it when I see it
84-1083280474

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:09 am

TheHustler wrote:Well wanting to be at the top, and actually getting there are two different things. He didnt say anything like, im gonna buy such and such a player, change this change that etc, did he.

With all the moaning hustler does makes him sound like a woman. :D

You really should go and support chelsea and your hero mourinho instead of crying like a baby on here. :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:16 am

TheHustler wrote:Well wanting to be at the top, and actually getting there are two different things. He didnt say anything like, im gonna buy such and such a player, change this change that etc, did he.

Thanks for another fine contribution... are u Man Scum Utd in disguise :p  ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:34 am

Rafa's jersey:
RB = rock and blues or robin and batman? :D
He might have thought it's necessary to assure us that he's no "GH", since it couldn't be "Rerrard Boullier"
  :p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:00 am

Well wanting to participate in this forum, and actually making a contribution to this forum are two different things. You got no suggestion and have no say like, im gonna buy such and such a player, change this change that etc, can you.

I can't believe you are a fan at all. This is not Championship Manager...wake up!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:10 am

I believe the top 3 or 4 will be much closer this season compared to last. Generally, those teams that finished in the top half have improved on their squad. Watch out for the old Toons. They have bought wisely this summer. I think the Scums will be out of the top 3 for sure. Ruud-the-Horseface will get tired and leave. Arsenal will be contained but are the likes of Chelski and Liverpool have the required consistencies to sustain a challenge? Guess not...we need another 12 months (at least) of rebuilding to be on top. JMHO...I wished we could win it but I am realistic.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion