Rafa's ultimate goal scorer - Maybe lando has a point

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:06 am

Garcia yes
Kewell sorry to say but no, he's had a few good games but thats about it.
But nothing like he was when at his best at Leeds.
He use to run at players far more often then cut crosses in or hit a shot, I was well pleased when we signed him.
Don't get me wrong i know he has skill just dosen't seem to use it often enough for me.
I hope this changed sooner rather than later.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:34 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I admit I don't like Cisse, but no-one on here can argue that  Cisse tries his hardest, or that he works for the team.

Crouch - complete opposite.

I like players with the right attitude.

BTW - Luis Garcia was bought to do "fancy flicks", etc. He is a flair player who brings the unexpected to our team. (As someone said - "The X-Factor").
He concedes possession too much, but the added dimension his abilities give us far outweigh that.
Taking Garcia out of the side would take around 30% of the teams creativity away.
That's a hell of a lot for one player. He's irreplacable for less than £15-20m. Not even Aimar could hack the Premiership IMO.

I don't like Cisse either Lando, although my reasons are completely different from yours.  To be honest I would definitely argue that he doesn't try his hardest or work for the team.  In fact he is a lazy :censored:, I've said that for ages and that along with his attitude is why he will be sold.  After doing so well to come back from that injury you might say well how can I say he's lazy?  But just watch him, very little movement until the ball comes near him, no tackling back.  On top of that his attitude stinks but I'll not go into that.  Crouch on the other hand does plenty of donkey work for the team and his attitude is fantastic, no footballer has taken as much stick as him this season but he kept plugging away and is now reaping the benefits.

I agree with your assessment of Garcia, spot on.  Over the summer when a lot of people were going on about signing Aimar I dug up some stats for both.  Garcia creates and scores more goals than Aimar, much better end product and in my opinion a better player.  People don't appreciate how good Garcia is for us or how much he's improved since he signed.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:16 am

john craig wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I admit I don't like Cisse, but no-one on here can argue that  Cisse tries his hardest, or that he works for the team.

Crouch - complete opposite.

I like players with the right attitude.

BTW - Luis Garcia was bought to do "fancy flicks", etc. He is a flair player who brings the unexpected to our team. (As someone said - "The X-Factor").
He concedes possession too much, but the added dimension his abilities give us far outweigh that.
Taking Garcia out of the side would take around 30% of the teams creativity away.
That's a hell of a lot for one player. He's irreplacable for less than £15-20m. Not even Aimar could hack the Premiership IMO.

I don't like Cisse either Lando, although my reasons are completely different from yours.  To be honest I would definitely argue that he doesn't try his hardest or work for the team.  In fact he is a lazy :censored:, I've said that for ages and that along with his attitude is why he will be sold.  After doing so well to come back from that injury you might say well how can I say he's lazy?  But just watch him, very little movement until the ball comes near him, no tackling back.  On top of that his attitude stinks but I'll not go into that.  Crouch on the other hand does plenty of donkey work for the team and his attitude is fantastic, no footballer has taken as much stick as him this season but he kept plugging away and is now reaping the benefits.

I agree with your assessment of Garcia, spot on.  Over the summer when a lot of people were going on about signing Aimar I dug up some stats for both.  Garcia creates and scores more goals than Aimar, much better end product and in my opinion a better player.  People don't appreciate how good Garcia is for us or how much he's improved since he signed.

You have stated the same reasons for disliking Cisse as me.
I said no one could argue Cisse DOES try his hardest, ergo - he does NOT try his best.

I just think certain people want to believe the hype around players, rather than the facts!!!!  :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion