PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 am wrote:He has been bad since he came back from injury, but yesterday was the worst Ive ever seen him. I dont know what the answer is, but he needs to watch some videos of Hazard to see how and attacking midfielder plays.
Clueless!
:angry:

Oh come on... Coutinho's case is a case of form is temporary but class is permanent. He is NOT clueless! There are alot of games Hazard was ineffectual. I think in the beginning of the season he was looking pretty hopeless. BTW, Coutinho and Hazard are also different types of players.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:17 pm

It brings me no pleasure to criticise our players, especially those who have the most potential, but how anyone can say that Coutinho wasnt clueless yesterday is beyond me? He was absolute dogsh'it and I cant think of one thing he did well, not one? We expect more of him because he is one of ther best we have. If he cant even do the basics right, what chance do we have??
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 am

I am a bit worried about our best player as he seems to have come off the boil. Since his injury he seems off the pace and I am not sure why. I noticed teams are playing him more physically and even double teaming him but he has coped with that in the past. He is not trying those cutting inside shots from outside the box as much as in the past so a really hope he has not lost confidence in his ankle or is bothered by another injury because he is not as confident in his play like before. Watching him yesterday he lost the ball on the dribble a number of times against average players he would have schooled at the start of the season. Since Firmino got robbed both players have been off form and since their wives hang out I hope they are not questioning being in Liverpool.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

It's nothing new. This has happened every season since he has been here. His confidence dips and he has a couple of months were he is really poor and contributes very little. Don't think he really is made of tough enough stuff to step up and play for Barcelona. The old "confidence player" tag applies to him. But very happy he is here and he's form will pick up at some point.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Stunk the place out yet again. This proves that hes not "world class" as he struggles for long periods through the season. I hope his "dip" in form stops soon and he shows us what hes capable of, before its too late.
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:17 am

Mispost. :ghostface:
Last edited by Reg on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:36 pm

I don't think he's fully fit TBH.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah same here thats what i think his still not 100% yet.
His probably being a little cautious.
I sure he will get back on form very soon.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 am

Definitely not 100%. Plus opposition players focussing on him and giving abit of a rough treatment. Criticism harsh.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am

Coutinho's romance with LFC has been one of ups&downs...I'm not sure that it can get much better then that...He will have superb days with days of anonymity...We will need to get another creative MF which can deliver consistently.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:04 pm

It's a fair observation based on his performances lately. He just isn't playing that well at the moment and prolonged bad batches have been a feature of his LFC career. He'll be back on form sooner or later and making a major contribution. But he isn't the type of character you build side around like Gerrard or Suarez. He's more suited to feeding of the leadership of those sort of players and being a very good cog in a well run machine.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 pm

I think he is getting a lot of stick that's unwarranted. His form has dipped in the last month or two but maybe that's because he has been shunted out wide to accommodate the llama. Central is phils best position because he can influence matters from there with his timed runs and passing. He is never a winger. Its also worth pointing out that he has players around him who aren't exactly performing either. Players that should be doing better but aren't.
Again this highlights just how out of balance our squad is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:11 pm

The excuses are wearing thin.
Sh'ite again today...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:11 pm wrote:The excuses are wearing thin.
Sh'ite again today...
:(

Oh come on Thommo he wasn't that bad, that reverse pass to put Firmino through one on one with Cabalero should have been the defining moment of the game, if Firmino makes it 2-0 at that stage I think it would have been game over.
City were all over the place at that point and I don't think there would have been any way back for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Come on guys, he's still out best player and he's recovering from a rather serious injury.

He'll come good...although it probably won't be until next season that we'll see him back at his best.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion