PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 am

From skynews

Liverpool youngster Philippe Coutinho has been pleased with his start to life at Anfield and is hoping to make a big impact at the club.

The 20-year-old Brazilian has already impressed on Merseyside since making the move from Inter Milan in January, notching up two goals and two assists from his four starts.

Coutinho is happy with how things are going and the playmaker hopes he can establish himself as an important player for the Reds.

"Things have gone really well for me here so far," Coutinho, who spent time on loan at Espanyol last season, told the Liverpool Echo.

"Maybe because I played in Italy and spent six months in Spain last season that has helped me adapt more quickly to English football.

"Also I must thank my team-mates as they have helped me a lot with my first few games. Everyone has made me feel so welcome.

He added: "The games are quicker and more physical but I like that. I am learning all the time.

"Every player wants to improve and get better and I am the same. I am still young and have so much still to learn.

"I hope to be here for many years and become a big player for Liverpool. I will continue to work hard and do my best to improve my performances and help Liverpool."

Coutinho is enjoying working under manager Brendan Rodgers and wants to repay his faith by helping the club back to success.

"The manager here is still young but he's an excellent person and a very good coach. He speaks openly to everyone and I'm pleased to be working with him," he said.

"The manager has shown a lot of faith in me and hopefully I will repay that. I want to win some titles here to compensate the club for what they've done for me."

The Brazilian does not speak English and has the help of an interpreter but says he is keen to pick up the language.

He added: "Communication between myself and my team-mates is still a bit difficult. The people here speak very fast so it's difficult to pick up the words but I'm trying.

"If the manager wants to get some information across to me in training he speaks Spanish. (Fellow Brazilian) Lucas has also helped me a lot."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:30 pm

Eagle

Postby devaney » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Really looks a fantastic talent and a steal at under £10m. Just cannot understand why he failed to impress in Italy.

Another excellent performance and an absolutely incredible assist.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 pm

will drift in and out of games but when he's involved he's pure quality. that assist today was sublime.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 am

It seems the hacks who have literally gagged over having to pen superlatives about Suarez ,may have to free up more page space
for our other mercurial South American and current genius ....Philippe Coutinho Correia ,surely the hierarchy at Inter Milan must
be collectively dope tested for letting this lad go ?  What a player !!!
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:49 am

What pontential this lad has and he also have a lot to proove to all his doubters since his earlier stint at Inter. :buttrock
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 am

Kukilon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 am wrote:What pontential this lad has and he also have a lot to proove to all his doubters since his earlier stint at Inter. :buttrock

I said some time ago in this thread that PC looked one of the best value players we have bought for some time. After that brilliant performance against Newcastle I think he is looking like one of the best value players that we have EVER bought.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 am

devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 am wrote:
Kukilon » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 am wrote:What pontential this lad has and he also have a lot to proove to all his doubters since his earlier stint at Inter. :buttrock

I said some time ago in this thread that PC looked one of the best value players we have bought for some time. After that brilliant performance against Newcastle I think he is looking like one of the best value players that we have EVER bought.

Time will tell but he is certainly the type of player we have been missing for years ,the sneaky little bstrd which can pass the defender with the dribble and more important provide those smart deep passes to the cutting strikers. Those kinda of players Boss Modern football (Iniesta ,Xabi ,Silva and much more).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:28 am

Classy player.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:07 pm

only me » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:30 am wrote:
devaney » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 am wrote:

the sneaky little bstrd

:Oo:  :D  Are we going to be singing his name soon or is a bit too early for him to have a song?
kartiek

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm

His through balls are tasty

He's got amazing vision too! if he keeps that sort of consistency he will be a very valuable player for us. Top class
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:49 pm

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

Easy MOTM for me. Completely bossed that midfield.  I loved how he was one of the front three but came into the middle like he did, I think that stopped us from getting caught on the counter and made it a little bit harder for them to keep track of him and Hendo.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm

I think we may have a new superstar on our hands here, Couthino has so much talent and class and looks to improving each time he plays. He has excellent skill and technique, but combines that with an excellent eye for a pass and good football brain. Many young skillful players make poor decisions and tend to be greedy but Couthino seems very intelligent and uses the ball very well. If we can get the correct protection around him so that he can get the time and space he needs i think he will become an integral part of team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedHands » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Jaw-dropping performance yesterday. He absolutely shredded Newcastle and I was especially impressed at his physicality yesterday. IF (and that's a big if) we get rid of Suarez, young Coutinho might be a player to build a team around. He can do it all: Pass, dribble, and shoot. What a player.
RedHands
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion