Our Midfield.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:57 pm

The injury situation has been pretty bad this season and I do wonder just what kind of medical dept we have when it comes to looking after the players. The Diaz situation for example. He gets injured and they assess him with scans etc and say out for 7 weeks but as soon as he starts training again he has to go for surgery and misses another 4 odd months. The amount of injuries picked up in training is also suspect. Are they kicking lumps out of each other or what.

Your always going to get the odd player who picks up an unfortunate injury but we are just to reliant on the ones who constantly pick them up. We just can't afford to leave ourselves in that position again next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:52 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:54 am

39 years ago Liverpool signed John Wark from Ipswich paying £475,000. 27 goals in his first full season at LFC. Yes, a midfielder.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:38 pm

His explanation seems to be fatigue built up over years and players picking up recurring injuries most likely linked to previous serious injuries they suffered at some point. I don't think there is anything in that that we haven't already known.

Some players are just more robust than others at the end of the day. Those are the type of players we need in order to play the way we want. We could and should have binned Keita and Ox at least 3 years ago and even last summer as they have contributed absolutely nothing since.  Had we of cut our losses and replaced them we might not be in this position now.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:43 pm

Reg » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:54 am wrote:39 years ago Liverpool signed John Wark from Ipswich paying £475,000. 27 goals in his first full season at LFC. Yes, a midfielder.

I met him when I was a kid at one of my first games  :buttrock He was out injured and was boozing in the hotel we stayed in so got to meet and get a pic with him. It was cool even though I thought he was grobbellar  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:12 pm

I love the irony that he was out injured!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:03 pm

Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 pm

In the meantime Gorst is saying we have 2 lists drawn up. One in case we make CL and one if we don't  :laugh:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... m-26567269

Bellingham is going to have to do a Van Dijk here and come out and say he wants to go to Liverpool. That's the only way I can see us signing him tbh. We would be in regular contact with his agent so have to have some sort of an idea what our chances are.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:19 pm

The only hope I have of us finishing in the top 4 revolves around Diaz coming back and continuing where he left off which is a big ask given he's been out most of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:13 am

We have 3 big games coming up, City away, Chelsea away and then Arsenal at home. 6 points would be a good return from those 3 games. 4 wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Spurs with Conte gone might have a bit of go about them for a few games but think they will fall well short in the end. They have Everton away, Brighton at Home and then Bournemouth at home.

Newcastle probably the main challenger. The are at home to Manure, Away to West Ham and then away to Brentford. Hopefully by the time these games have passed we managed.to clip at least a point off that 5.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:24 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:13 pm wrote:We have 3 big games coming up, City away, Chelsea away and then Arsenal at home. 6 points would be a good return from those 3 games. 4 wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Spurs with Conte gone might have a bit of go about them for a few games but think they will fall well short in the end. They have Everton away, Brighton at Home and then Bournemouth at home.

Newcastle probably the main challenger. The are at home to Manure, Away to West Ham and then away to Brentford. Hopefully by the time these games have passed we managed.to clip at least a point off that 5.

I think our biggest problem mate is that we are about  to enter the 8th month of a 9 month long season and we’ve yet  to show the type of consistency that we will need to finish in the top 4.
I genuinely thought we’d turned a corner after the United game I really did but then we go and lose to the team that were rock bottom.
We need to try and find a consistency from somewhere that we haven’t found over the previous 7 months and find it quickly because given the existing gap and our tricky run of fixtures our season could  be effectively over within the next 2 to 3 weeks if results go against us. It’s do or die time now, our players need to either put up or shut up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:42 pm

CL is looking tough now. We have 3 games in 9 days after the international break and it doesn't get much tougher than City and Chelsea away followed by a visit from the leaders Arsenal. With Bajcetic out for the rest of the season and Thiago reportedly not ready to return from injury yet, I'm struggling to see our other midfielders suddenly finding form and helping us pick up the necessary points.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 pm

That's our toughest run in those 3 games there and we will still have 9 more to play after that.  It was looking a closed door a while ago but a few wins on the bounce changes things.  Spurs have lost a game more than us and Newcastle draw to many so I wouldn't be giving up just yet.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:16 am

If by some miracle we do well in the following 3 games then 4th is definitely still on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:39 am

Yup next three games are crucial, on Saturday if we lose by Sun,Mon we could be 10 points adrift, even though we got games in hand.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion