Now gh has gone... - And the dust has settled...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:04 am

I saw a similar post in the "restricted access" forum...

Looking back on the good times, which ones where the best? Which ones had you in tears... literally?

GH's return against Roma at home and the FA cup final against Arsenal had to be two of the greatest moments of my life.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:42 am

Hi Stu, the week in which we won the FA Cup, UEFA Cup and qualified for the CL by beating charlton 4-0 Away has to be my best time. I was privaleged to be at all three games and although the UEFA Cup has been dumbed down somehwhat over recent years still was probably the most exciting game i've ever witnessed.

On a more personal note I met GH on the eve of the Worthington Cup 2002. We booked a meal at LFC's hotel and chanced we might catch a glimpse of the boys.........ended up on the next table to GH and his family :p  My mate Damian ( a good Liverpool name ) used to deliver milk for Phil Thompson and PT recognized him and came over for a chat , ended up going to the residents bar after the meal and chatting with PT, Sammy Lee, Ron Yeats , Ian Rush etc..... I know i'm name dropping :D

Anyway had a brief chat with GH and asked if he was confidant of us winning the following day (Remember Utd were flying and we weren't exactly setting the football lworld alight) , he replied "You know Liverpool, we always tried our best".... I've often looked back on that meeting and that comment kind of sums  GH up, he ALWAYS tried his best but ultimately and i believe the future will confirm this, politics dictated that he lose his job............

I often come on here and listen to fans vent their spleen and make outrageous comments about people they don't really know (GH) , I dont pretend to know him either but it's hard to be so abusive and make personal comments about a someoen when you have looked the guy in the eye and seen the desire ....

Walk on .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:54 am

Exactly.
115-1073096938

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:27 am

Dalglish wrote:Anyway had a brief chat with GH and asked if he was confidant of us winning the following day (Remember Utd were flying and we weren't exactly setting the football lworld alight) , he replied "You know Liverpool, we always tried our best".... I've often looked back on that meeting and that comment kind of sums  GH up,

Certainly does !                                                               If you had asked Shanks the same question he would have replied. "Win ? we're going to murder them" not "we'll try our best"
spot the difference ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:01 am

Lazy as I am I have cut and pasted this from the "Advanced Forum", but anyway everytime I think about it I ****** my pants.

My all time favourite Gerard Houllier moment was actually not during a win or triumph, however it did come soon after thrashing the blue sh*te.

Remember Fowlers celebration after scoring in front of the travelling Bitter Blue Army down the Anny Road end. The Bitter ones had been calling Robbie a smack head all game following his antics in the moathouse hotel toilets the weekend before. After scoring he proceeded to sniff the white goal line.

I got home following a night out in town and heard Houllier claiming that the celebration was in reference to Rigobert Songs goal celebration where he "eats the grass".

Me and the lads still use that old "Eet waz er Rigobert Song, hee eatz de grass" line when we are caught in uncomprimising positions ourselves.

TOTAL CLASSIC

Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:55 am

Innit.

You think he meant what he said about Robbie eating the grass? lol
115-1073096938

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion