Naby Keita

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 27, 2023 8:33 pm

We do this with all our players though Mate. They are going to be this that and the rest but an unbelievable high percentage of them are just average or flops. They need to be playing the game of their lives every week to make a difference or they just make up the numbers.

I think we were just unfortunate that he was so brittle and broke as there was nothing to suggest that in his leipzig days. It would appear from stuff now being said that it was more mental than physical. Couldn't get to grips with the language either so it's another reason why he should have been shown the door years ago.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat May 27, 2023 11:18 pm

His English seems fine to me in these videos. Horrible luck with injuries. Hopefully he'll be more fortunate at his new club.

Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 28, 2023 12:03 am

Not what Pearce has been saying Mate. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/l ... struggles/

I had read similar stuff during the week from quite a few sources.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun May 28, 2023 9:39 am

Eagle » Sat May 27, 2023 10:18 pm wrote:His English seems fine to me in these videos. Horrible luck with injuries. Hopefully he'll be more fortunate at his new club.

Better than I thought but still, simple answers and didn’t really elaborate. I remember an interview Mo and Mane had where they discussed how he never really interacted much and Mo was telling Mane that he needed to help him more.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:04 pm

Has signed for Werder Bremen. A big club in Germany but they finished 13 in the Bundesliga last year, just 3 points off relegation. His options were always going to be limited with his injury record. Best of luck to him. Might fair better with no Europe, a 34 game league season, and a 1 month winter break.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:15 pm

I hope they have very low expectations.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:43 pm

He was an awful signing for what we got out of him. 
He started 77 premier league games in 5 years and got taken off 58 times. He made 52 appearances off the bench as well in his total 129 appearances.

At the time he was a record signing for us and was highly rated but wasn't able for the league or the challenge of being at a top club. I'm sure he's a gentleman and all but good riddance.  Hopefully we don't repeat this with another player and when it's clear they aren't up to it, move them on and cut your losses. Otherwise they become a dead weight around your neck until they run out their contracts.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:40 pm

He’ll get paid 30k per week, 25% of his 120k he gets paid here, and he’s going on a free. What is more incredible is he signed a 3 year deal on that salary.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:51 pm

It's strange I've never heard even our rivals telling us what a terrible signing he was. For me he might be the biggest flop for us ever, considering what we payed. No wonder no one is willing to pay him more. Had he been half of what we expected he'd be we'd have won another major title or two.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:27 pm

Had his moments but was never really convinced by him. Not sure about his mentality either. For me not sure he always had the bottle either. I'm pretty sure on more than occasion he just didn't fancy the rough and tumble of it all and wanted to come off in certain games and made more of of an injury in order to do that.

In hindsight, he was overhyped ahead of coming to us. Good luck to him but certainly not one I'll be missing.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:13 pm

He was a good player, and played a crucial part in our success. But mentally he was very weak!! I was very excited when we signed him I even embarrassing called him Kante V2. But he turned out to be a massive bottle job and let himself and the fans down who were desperate for him to be a hit here.

I wish him well for the future.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion