Monaco loses at home - Heheheheh

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:02 am

Looks like monaco are in a S**TTY form themselves. Maybe it is quite likely to get an ugly 1-0 win there to qualify for next round.  :D

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=239188

Didier Deschamps is concerned about Monaco's form ahead of their crucial UEFA Champions League tie against Liverpool.

Monaco slipped to a surprise 3-1 defeat at home to Sochaux in Ligue 1 on Friday, leaving Deschamps frustrated with his players.

Last season's beaten Champions League finalists entertain Liverpool on Tuesday in a match which will be key to determining if either team progresses from the group.

Deschamps, though, is faced with the task of rallying his troops as he tries to put his finger on the reason for the poor display against Sochaux.

"We missed a lot of things and now I have to know if we could do no more or if we didn't want to," lamented Deschamps.

"We have a key match on Tuesday against Liverpool and we will try to recover as soon as possible.

"We keep our aims for the season and we will look forward.

"I won't condemn my players but we made so many mistakes, notably on the goals we have conceded in some matches.

"If everyone will do a little bit more, the team will be more outstanding.

"Against Liverpool we will need some madness and to jostle that team if we want to have a European future.

"Monaco has trouble and that last match confirmed it."
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:07 am

Hopefully we will salvage something from this game, I would play, Biscan as Xabi is tired, you could see that yesterday, and Warnock instaed of Kewell.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:56 pm

if they're gonna try and 'jostle' us in midfield (?) we need our tough and creative midfielders - alonso and gerrard - to play them out of the game without falling for any tricks.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:14 pm

Monaco haven't won in the French League since September as far as I am aware, but they have been excellent in Europe at home.

Nonda up front is the dangerman: he is the most expensive player ever to have transferred from on French club to another (Rennes to Monaco for 14.5million in 2000) and he was top scorer in France in 2003. He then got a bad injury, but people might remember him coming off the bench against Chelsea in Monaco last season and scoring with his first touch.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:20 pm

Saviola will cause chaos for our defence if they don't get it together. They can always bounce back just like we can so it won't be an easy fixture.

The problem yesterday is quite simple, most of the squad did not even give 50% on the pitch. Lack of effort,communication,organization is simply the reason we lost. On any given day we would had beaten Boro.

Positives:
-Steven Gerrard is back
-Antonio Nunez will play a reserves match this week and might be fit to play against Arsenal.
-Nunez will give us more options in midfield and up front.

What needs to be done is:
-replace Kewell with Warnock. Kewell has a long way to go before he reaches his form so a chance needs to be given to Warnock
-Garcia can not be played as a striker alongside Kewell, he is effective most when he plays right behind a striker.
-Mellor needs to be given a chance to prove himself at times like this.
-Biscan anybody? Excellent game against Deportivo, wouldn't hurt if we played him against Monaco or Arsenal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby spud » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:42 pm

A.B. wrote:The problem yesterday is quite simple, most of the squad did not even give 50% on the pitch. Lack of effort,communication,organization is simply the reason we lost. On any given day we would had beaten Boro.

Didn't look that simple to me, sitting there freezing my balls off.

Boro have moved on immensley and played extremely well.

I don't think it was a lack of effort or organisation.  They had better players who delivered.  (No I don't think they're better than us) but I do think we cannot underestimate the amount of work that RB has to do.

I'm also not convinced about Nunez but time will tell.
spud

Postby Redrider » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:25 pm

I think that Gerrard in from the start will make a difference. He will give the team more encouragement and confidence, allowing Hyppia to concentrate on his own game.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:19 pm

??? Not being funny A.B. but Nunez can no way play against arsenal he hasnt even kicked a ball for the reserves nevermind throwing him out against the gooners.
That would be suicidal he will have to play against less prolific teams first.
And then see how good he is.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:29 pm

it keeps getting better. Now if only saviola gets injured or kidnapped (he looks like a 10 yr old kid  :p ), it will be set-up nicely for a liverpool win.

http://www.lfc-1.com/general/news.asp?id=724#724

AS Monaco captain Julien Rodriguez will miss this week's Champions League fixture against Liverpool due to an ankle injury which he picked up last week.

Rodriguez was part of the Monaco team which lost 2=0 at Anfield on Matchday 1 of the competition, but missed his side's defeat to Sochaux on Friday and he will not be involved in Tuesday's game against Liverpool at the Stade Louis II.

One other notable change to the Monaco line-up which played at Anfield will be the inclusion of Javier Saviola, who is available after serving a European ban which he collected last season with Barcelona.

Saviola has played in scored in each of Monaco's three Champions League games since their defeat at Liverpool, scoring two goals, one in each of their previous two home group matches.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:31 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:??? Not being funny A.B. but Nunez can no way play against arsenal he hasnt even kicked a ball for the reserves nevermind throwing him out against the gooners.
That would be suicidal he will have to play against less prolific teams first.
And then see how good he is.

Nunez will play a reserves match on Wednesday. He may not play the whole 90 minutes against Arsenal but Rafa is most likely going to play Nunez.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:36 pm

I doubt it very much maybe 10 mins at the end if that and depending on the score.
If arsenal get beat by PSV on wed be prepared to face the wrath of the gooners like last season :;):

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:42 pm

Care to show more faith in the lads and the boss? Expect a much different side against Monaco and Arsenal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:45 pm

Wish I could Ive shown enough faith its about time the team started rewardin us with some dont you think

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 pm

In tough times we are supposed to show more faith than when things are going our way, should we not continue to show faith and hope ?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:02 pm

Listen A.B. Ill always love em no matter what, its just things have hit me where as others where more realistic, i was hopeing our good form would continue, yes we have injuries but none of our defence is injured thats why if we couldnt score yesterday or against brum last week, we should have got at least a draw.
I will still love them no matter what, its about time they started giving the fans some appreciation back.
I dont go to all the games but what about them fans who travel all over to watch them?
The money it costs, the money the players are on.
These fans are paying there wages buck up or f.uck off.
And let some one play for us who appreicates our great club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion