LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I think you guys are reading into things way too deep   ??? they scored cos someone coughed in the crowd , which distracted Reina - bad marking from the free kick from a nervous wreck of a defence.  :(
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shakey » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Maybe if Torres had played more of a part in the Stoke game then he might of had been a bit more match fitter & sharper?? just a thought ???
shakey

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 am

bigmick wrote:It's strange but I sense there is a bit of a change of mood amongst some posters. Bizarrely as a fully paid up anti (actually rotationally speaking only but I seem to get lumped in with anyone who's anti anything these days) I'm finding a few posters with whom I've locked horns in the past, posting up some odd stuff which is more anti than me ???

I've had a couple of little centretemps with Rushie in the past, and there's one or two others who's tone has just slightly moved I think. It's strange because although the substitutions were possibly a bit defensive, I really can't lay too much blame myself at Rafa's door for the Everton result. We ought to have won the game despite not playing well, and would have if we had defended the set piece better. Now due to excellent defensive coaching we normally don't concede from set-pieces, it just so happens that this time a couple of players went to kip. It happens but you can't really blame the manager I don't think. If we were conceding set piece goals all over the place fair enough, but we don't.

As for the subs, you could argue that we might have brought Babel on (I did). To be fair though, there have been occasions when he has come on and been absolutely fecking useless so I'm not going to make a big thing about it. More strange I think was not bringing Masherano on when we took Keane off. That would have let us go into a standard 4-5-1 and I'm fairly sure we'd have boxed the game off. All that said though, they barely made a chance in the last 20 minutes aside from the goal and had the game petered out 1-0, nobody would have mentioned the subs at all.

The main issue for Rafa was the front two. Now Keane was absolutely anonymous so to be honest I think the manager showed a fair bit of faith on this occasion by giving him an hour. he was awful and there surely aren't many people who would have kept him on. Similarly, Torres was absolutely out on his feet, and if anything needed to come off sooner.

No, for me the subs is a bit of a red herring. We never really got going, we had the look of a team which hadn't played together for a long time which is exactly what we were. One of those things, the result is only massively disappointing because of what's gone before.

It wasnt just the taking off both our strikers for midfielders and inviting them to squeeze the play into our half, its the total defensive attitude that ironically is costing us points.
How anyone can think the subs didnt invite needless  pressure is beyond me.
Its a derby your winning 1 0, theres 5 minutes left and your well in control, do you A more or less keep going in the same vein or B remove your attacking option and let the opposition have a go at ya while we defend....hopefully.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:30 am

Well in answer to your question Rushie, it's A) for me as I've said, but I'm simply saying I'm not sure it made that much difference. There's no certainty that even if you have babel on they aren't going to win a free kick, and if you defend it like we did you are going to concede a goal.

I'm not necessarily defending Rafa here (and lets face it I'd be the first one whinging if I thought there was good cause), but although I didn't agree with the subs wholeheartedly I don't think they were a huge factor in us not winning the game. Quite simply we just defended a set piece poorly, and the player that many of us have been imploring the manager to leave on for a bit longer was the principal culprit.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 am

bigmick wrote:Well in answer to your question Rushie, it's A) for me as I've said, but I'm simply saying I'm not sure it made that much difference. There's no certainty that even if you have babel on they aren't going to win a free kick, and if you defend it like we did you are going to concede a goal.

I'm not necessarily defending Rafa here (and lets face it I'd be the first one whinging if I thought there was good cause), but although I didn't agree with the subs wholeheartedly I don't think they were a huge factor in us not winning the game. Quite simply we just defended a set piece poorly, and the player that many of us have been imploring the manager to leave on for a bit longer was the principal culprit.

Fair enough mate, I think after the Stoke game its just the general defensive play and decisions that are wearing me down.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:06 pm

blame benayoun
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:01 pm

we all dream... wrote:As you can tell with all the :censored: 's i had a bad night.

:censored: off !!!!!!!  :D
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:49 pm

It´s not about if we play with 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1.
It´s about game style. Liverpool play too direct, and playing in that way you can win games but you can´t win a league.
Many draws against poor teams. They played against us with deep defence and parking the bus behind the ball. Liverpool doesnt´Know to break the deep defences as Manchester cause we are used to playing too direct.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:22 pm

bigmick wrote:It's strange but I sense there is a bit of a change of mood amongst some posters. Bizarrely as a fully paid up anti (actually rotationally speaking only but I seem to get lumped in with anyone who's anti anything these days) I'm finding a few posters with whom I've locked horns in the past, posting up some odd stuff which is more anti than me ???

I've had a couple of little centretemps with Rushie in the past, and there's one or two others who's tone has just slightly moved I think. It's strange because although the substitutions were possibly a bit defensive, I really can't lay too much blame myself at Rafa's door for the Everton result. We ought to have won the game despite not playing well, and would have if we had defended the set piece better. Now due to excellent defensive coaching we normally don't concede from set-pieces, it just so happens that this time a couple of players went to kip. It happens but you can't really blame the manager I don't think. If we were conceding set piece goals all over the place fair enough, but we don't.

As for the subs, you could argue that we might have brought Babel on (I did). To be fair though, there have been occasions when he has come on and been absolutely fecking useless so I'm not going to make a big thing about it. More strange I think was not bringing Masherano on when we took Keane off. That would have let us go into a standard 4-5-1 and I'm fairly sure we'd have boxed the game off. All that said though, they barely made a chance in the last 20 minutes aside from the goal and had the game petered out 1-0, nobody would have mentioned the subs at all.

The main issue for Rafa was the front two. Now Keane was absolutely anonymous so to be honest I think the manager showed a fair bit of faith on this occasion by giving him an hour. he was awful and there surely aren't many people who would have kept him on. Similarly, Torres was absolutely out on his feet, and if anything needed to come off sooner.

No, for me the subs is a bit of a red herring. We never really got going, we had the look of a team which hadn't played together for a long time which is exactly what we were. One of those things, the result is only massively disappointing because of what's gone before.

Mick - it is simple - you have won us over with your doom and gloom - it's the only way forward - sack Rafa - sell Torres - make Dossena captain - play 6-3-1 - job done - now where's that bldn rope!!  :D
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Judge wrote:blame benayoun

:nod agreed and rafa of course !
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Judge wrote:blame benayoun

:nod agreed and rafa of course !

I blame Keane for everything but I suppose everybody knows that! Only joking Robbie.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ElNinoLid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Dem big bitters barely made a sound on monday, dey was well quiet all game til their cup goal like innit
ElNinoLid

Postby nogzy_george_lid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm

If we get beat on sunday, we could always blame Chelsea i suppose
nogzy_george_lid

Postby ElNinoLid » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 pm

If we get beat on sunday it will well be the ref again, gave everything to them bitters on monday. Rafa's right ferguson and glazers got the entire fa against us innit.
ElNinoLid

Postby Number 9 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Two fuc'king WUMs! :angry:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion