Lfc.tv awards: best opposition fans at anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:08 am

Just wondering at this latest poll from LFC TV.
For fans here who regularly visit the game would they argee with these results as being a true indication.

Over 65,000 supporters completed the official End of Season questionnaire and now all the votes have been counted, we can present the Liverpool 2004/05 Awards. 
LFC.TV Awards: Best Visiting Supporters At Anfield: Top 10

1. Juventus: 6,667 votes
2. Bayer Leverkusen: 4,685
3. Newcastle: 4,307
4. Olympiacos: 3,258
5. Everton: 3,136
6. Chelsea: 2,700
7. West Brom: 2,350
8. Norwich: 2,327
9. Arsenal: 2,266
10. Portsmouth: 2,027
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:14 am

What were the other awards?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:23 am

Bayer Leverskusen were definitely the best opposition fans we came across last season. They were singing like crazy at 0-3 down at their place.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red_man!! » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:33 am

yer and they even put you'll never walk alone after the match:)
red_man!!

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:39 am

Who voted for Everton ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:50 am

Got to agree with JBG.
Although i didnt go to Leverkusen away, their fans never stopped singing, even at 0-3, and to play YNWA at the end was a decent sporting thing to do...i'm not sure we would of been as happy after being drubbed at home and knocked out of the Champs league.
Most of the other games selected appear to be games were OUR fans created the brilliant atmosphere.
Even Juve that most fans voted for, i wouldnt say their fans generated a good atmosphere, it was all down to our fans issuing an apology for heysel.
Got to be Leverkusen hands down.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:42 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:Who voted for Everton ???

Not me I voted newcastle, not for just this season but for previous seasons theyve come to anfield too like the night the floodlights went out etc. Even this season 3-1 down and still singing. They have good fans but truly

OUR FANS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:03 pm

Starbridge42 wrote:Who voted for Everton ???

i didn't either i voted bayer leverkusen fans aswell.
at 3-0 down there were still singing.......
...however.... i do recall a similar situation. ISTANBUL comes to mind!!!!  :D   :D   :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:47 pm

It would be intresting to see if any other teams have a similar poll on best away fans and how many would have champions of europe down as No 1
LFCNUTTER

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:15 pm

I thought Palace's appreciation of the Emlyn Hughes silence deserved some respect. And to be fair the Villa fans were good entertainment as well.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:25 pm

stmichael wrote:I thought Palace's appreciation of the Emlyn Hughes silence deserved some respect. And to be fair the Villa fans were good entertainment as well.

Yer the palace fans were excellent the way they applauded for emlyn. The villa fans were brilliant all in their fancy dress doin the connga round anfield road and then the police took this guy dressed in a gorilla suit out of the ground and they started shouting "we want our monkey back, we want our monkey back" then they started singing "you'll never take our scooby, you'll never take our scooby" and there was a guy dressed in a scooby doo costume. That game was hilarious  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:50 pm

laza wrote:Just wondering at this latest poll from LFC TV.
For fans here who regularly visit the game would they argee with these results as being a true indication.

Over 65,000 supporters completed the official End of Season questionnaire and now all the votes have been counted, we can present the Liverpool 2004/05 Awards. 
LFC.TV Awards: Best Visiting Supporters At Anfield: Top 10

1. Juventus: 6,667 votes
2. Bayer Leverkusen: 4,685
3. Newcastle: 4,307
4. Olympiacos: 3,258
5. Everton: 3,136
6. Chelsea: 2,700
7. West Brom: 2,350
8. Norwich: 2,327
9. Arsenal: 2,266
10. Portsmouth: 2,027

Best visiting supporters to Anfield.  Id say Crystal Palace fans would have to be in the top 10.  I cant believe Everton are there.

The best fans I have witnessed at Anfield in recent years has got to be Basle they were that good I was watching them instead off the game.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:20 am

Man City for some strange reason are always good value at Anfield.

Can't understand why Chelsea are there tbh......They visited twice last season and i didn't hear a peep from them . But then again I was the CL Semi Final At Anfiled and I couldn't hear my mate sat next to me in the Kop never mind the Chelski Mob at the other end of the ground such was the noise and atmospherethat magical night    :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:16 pm

i thought the pompey fans were probably the best at anfield.
annoying but never shut up.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:46 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Got to agree with JBG.
Although i didnt go to Leverkusen away, their fans never stopped singing, even at 0-3, and to play YNWA at the end was a decent sporting thing to do...i'm not sure we would of been as happy after being drubbed at home and knocked out of the Champs league.
Most of the other games selected appear to be games were OUR fans created the brilliant atmosphere.
Even Juve that most fans voted for, i wouldnt say their fans generated a good atmosphere, it was all down to our fans issuing an apology for heysel.
Got to be Leverkusen hands down.

Best thing about leverkusen was when they made it 2-6 on agg in the bayarena they played Rockin all over the world after the goal, only for us to carry on singing it all the way til the final whistle......Moments like that make us the greatest supporters in the world.......Cant believe Villa didnt get in the top ten, last game at anfield they provided more entertainment than the game, ill never forget the monkey chant as Adam mentioned, they were my best visiting supporters i think. Supporters who p!ssed me off: Bolton, never b4 has the chant "Easy,easy,easy" been so milked they chanted it all game no matter what happened only for Igor to slot with 4 left to go and everyone started clappin goin "eegor, eegor, eegor!!!" Genius.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion