Keeping on top of things?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:34 am

Galatasaray have signed Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje for £2m, scuppering Scott Carson's chance of a quick exit from Anfield. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....ult.stm 28/06/08

Will we seek out a new keeper or will Carson be sat on the bench and making occaisional appearances? I can't see anyone paying £10m for him so unless the fee drops then he's surely going nowhere - or out on loan again.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:04 am

Similar to the Crouch situation isn't it. He's a good young player and when you look at the money Sunderland paid out for Craig Gordon last summer he has to be worth a tidy sum. But everyone knows the player wants out, that we want the player out and that we need the money so he'll likely go for less than he's worth. My guess is someone will come in for him soon, it's still pretty early in the transfer season and I'd expect us to get 5-6 million for the lad which is still pretty good business considering he cost a million.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:09 am

I would personally be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay more than 3.5 million for him. I certainly wouldn't myself.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 am

I know some people on here agree with Martin O'Neil's view that Carson is overvalued, however with Barry being quoted at £20m because of the £18m fee we paid for Maschereno, then Carson is worth £10m based on Craig Gordon's fee to Sunderland.

I doubt Villa will go for Carson now as I have read they are after Paul Robinson and can pick him up at £5m. Thats an excellent price for a very good keeper in my opinion.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 am

bigmick wrote:I would personally be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay more than 3.5 million for him. I certainly wouldn't myself.

Whats wrong Mick your keyboard not working properly that was to short for my liking :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:17 am

NANNY RED wrote:
bigmick wrote:I would personally be surprised if anybody was prepared to pay more than 3.5 million for him. I certainly wouldn't myself.

Whats wrong Mick your keyboard not working properly that was to short for my liking :laugh:

:D Nah I just haven't got that much to say about Carson Nan'. I just think he's a fairly average goalkeeper, who we clearly are looking to offload. The fella Gordon looks a much better keeper to me if I'm honest, and Carson's true value would be around half what they paid for him. Then I suppose you have to take into account the fact that he is clearly not wanted by us which diminishes his value further. One of these days we might get the hang of this transfer lark. If you advertise to the world that you don't really want a player, he instantly becomes less valuable.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:22 pm

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:D Nah I just haven't got that much to say about Carson Nan'. I just think he's a fairly average goalkeeper, who we clearly are looking to offload. The fella Gordon looks a much better keeper to me if I'm honest, and Carson's true value would be around half what they paid for him. Then I suppose you have to take into account the fact that he is clearly not wanted by us which diminishes his value further. One of these days we might get the hang of this transfer lark. If you advertise to the world that you don't really want a player, he instantly becomes less valuable.

Agreed. Never rated Carson at all. Always thought he was a very average goalkeeper.

Upper championship/lower premiership class at best. Would keep him as a backup but nothing more.

As for Paul Robinson being a good keeper... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:27 pm

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

I have to agree with Mick , against Croatia we saw his flaws against a decent side but with that said he has had a decent season with villa , I'd be happy if we got 6 million for him and good news that Intadje is gone , now we need to start looking for a good backup keeper . I've heard that we're interested in Anti Niemi
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:56 am

well that is a tad expensive for him to just work in your shop mick, however if you manged a football team then you it would be worth it to pay more

:p
112-1077774096

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion