Jerome Sinclair gone to Watford

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:10 am

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with Watford for the transfer of striker Jerome Sinclair.

The 19-year-old has secured a move to Vicarage Road upon the expiry of his Reds contract but, as he is under the age of 24, his registration would have been subject to compensation in the form of a development fee.

However, following amicable and professional discussions between Watford and Liverpool, the clubs have reached an agreement regarding a transfer.​

Liverpool would like to wish Jerome all the best in his new career with Watford.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... th-watford

The Echo are saying the figure is 4 million pounds btw... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-11545669
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm

The fact that we are losing all these young players we invested in shows that our strategy on youth isn't working...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:15 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm wrote:The fact that we are losing all these young players we invested in shows that our strategy on youth isn't working...

How much did JS cost us?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:15 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm wrote:The fact that we are losing all these young players we invested in shows that our strategy on youth isn't working...

How much did JS cost us?

Liverpool signed Sinclair as a 14-year-old from the West Bromwich Albion youth academy in the summer of 2011 after becoming a free agent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Sinclair
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:20 pm

They never quite cut links to their parent clubs though, I bet weve a healthy sell on clause or perhaps a first option.

Nobody lets young lads like this go who they have invested a lot of time in without protection.

Acadamies are a decent source of income farming players and sell ons built in, getting them in the first team is a bonus.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

parchpea » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:20 pm wrote:They never quite cut links to their parent clubs though, I bet weve a healthy sell on clause or perhaps a first option.

Nobody lets young lads like this go who they have invested a lot of time in without protection.

Acadamies are a decent source of income farming players and sell ons built in, getting them in the first team is a bonus.

YEP ^^^
4M return for a player that was developed by staff who are on the wage bill anyway is a great return of investment.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Thought he looked decent enough anytime I had seen him play and was sure he would progress to the first team. It wasn't that long ago under Rodgers he looked to have one foot in the side and now he is out of contract and gone.
Fair enough we got 4 million but if that is the clubs goal then they should scrap the academy altogether because it doesn't fit the purpose it was set up for.

Best of luck to the lad anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:19 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 pm wrote:Thought he looked decent enough anytime I had seen him play and was sure he would progress to the first team. It wasn't that long ago under Rodgers he looked to have one foot in the side and now he is out of contract and gone.
Fair enough we got 4 million but if that is the clubs goal then they should scrap the academy altogether because it doesn't fit the purpose it was set up for.

What didn't help the situation was that he changed his Agent last season to Aidy Ward ($terling's agent) and demanded large wages, the club obviously didn't feel they wanted to pay those wages and probably wanted shot of Aidy Ward too
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:56 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:19 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:10 pm wrote:Thought he looked decent enough anytime I had seen him play and was sure he would progress to the first team. It wasn't that long ago under Rodgers he looked to have one foot in the side and now he is out of contract and gone.

What didn't help the situation was that he changed his Agent last season to Aidy Ward ($terling's agent) and demanded large wages, the club obviously didn't feel they wanted to pay those wages and probably wanted shot of Aidy Ward too

This club is always in the top 3 when it comes to agents fees and no doubt have done business with ward many times and probably will again if he has a player they want.
Maybe we should think a little better in future about playing lads at 16 years and 6 days old in the premier league and then complain when he develops an ego. This move could have been more about development than money for all we know but it always seem's easier to blame it on the latter. He was hardly looking for mega money in fairness either.

All I give a shyte about is that we could have lost a really good player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:10 pm wrote:Thought he looked decent enough anytime I had seen him play and was sure he would progress to the first team. It wasn't that long ago under Rodgers he looked to have one foot in the side and now he is out of contract and gone.

Precisely... It's not just about how much we paid for him and how much we got for him, then you'll be thinking like the current owners. You are losing future potential, players who could become like the Nevilles, the Scholes, the Beckhams for Man United. There was also time and effort put in into developing players who are supposed to come in to strengthen the team. If this goes on, we'd still be having to buy young players spending 1 - 2 million and waiting for them to develop and at the same time there would still be a need to strenghthen the first team...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion