How far away are we? - From a title winning squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:57 am

Ladeulcateg wrote:One of the best around in Finnan? I'm sorry mate but take your rose tinted specs off. Finnan is very very very solid and very dependable. He makes hardly any mistakes aswell and his consistency is excellent.

But, and its a big but... he offers NOTHING going forward. Attend a few games and try watching the lad. The amount of times today (and over the past season and a half) I've found myself standing there screaming for him to overlap or even be ahead of the play to offer the option for the pass has worn me down. He always takes a touch instead of playing first time passes aswell. He's a good player, but for you to sit there and suggest he's in the class of Neville, Alves, Zambrotta or Eboue is laughable. Theres a lad who plays for Wigan for :censored: sake who's a far better player aswell, Ryan Taylor. Used to play for Tranmere. Top quality full back but not fasionable and not at a "big club".

You then go onto Hyypia's famous lack of pace arguement... well am sorry but pace is nothing if you don't have class. Hyypia has class in abundance. He reads it, heads it, intercepts, passes, tackles and marshalls a defence. I'm sick of the experience arguement. Its again :censored: by idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about. Owen wasn't experienced at 17 when he scored 23 goals in his first season. Fowler wasn't at 18 when he scored 18 goals then 30 odd the next season... Rooney wasn't when he broke into the England team and took the euro's in 2004 by storm.

Agger is lazy, sloppy and not arially dominant. He's also not the most mobile. He's a good player, who's decent at everything a defender needs and he's better on the ball than most with his dribbling which can create space but he's not by any stretch of the imagination top class. Never has been and never will be.

You then start with the common Fowler arguement about how you need pace and power to play in the premier league blah blah. I'm starting to get wound up, I shouldn't because I'm bored of the :censored:... In football the three most important things are passing and movement. Followed by touch. If a player has those three things they are more than useful. Fowler has a very good level in all of these.

He can also finish. The problem is Benitez doesn't know how to use him. The players are there in this country, infact, they're everywhere if I'm honest. Barton, Taylor, Bullard, Ashton, the problem being people don't know how to get the best out of these players so therefore don't take a chance on them and they end up never fullfilling there potential.

Fowler can spot a pass, control a ball, pass a ball, link up, play a one two, keep the play moving on the deck, head a ball, read the flight of the ball quicker than a defender and move into space far better than all of our strikers. He is only as quick as Crouch, he's not as strong as Crouch, Bellamy or Kuyt but the fact is he's never been great physically. He once had upper average pace. Now he's got lower average. So what? He was on the pitch for 9 minutes today an looked more likely to score than Bellamy and Kuyt did for the whole time they were on the pitch. Infact, If Fowler had played 5 games more this season I reckon he'd of outscored Bellamy and Kuyt.

What i do find funny is peoples use of cliche's and common terms used by "experts". :) What I also find funny is that because of footy manager the experts think that when you hit 30 all your attirubtes drop and you become useless. When the fact is Robbie now is probably just as good as the Robbie of 2003/2004. The only difference is he's probably physically not able to play 90 mins every game due to his fitness.

Fowler will never make a ball stick consistently, he'll never stretch a defence either, but i tell you what, give him a  chance and more often than not its in the back of the net.

The last paragraph. A right winger isn't essential at the moment. The main area's in order to be a great side. Two strikers, a left winger, a centre half, a right back. The right back we can get away without. JUST!

You don't half sprout some shite.

I would do a detailed analysis of where you went wrong but I cannot be arsed.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:03 am

Ladeulcateg is Stu the red ?
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:16 am

:laugh:  Correct.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:50 am

What is he banned for now  ???

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:56 am

Ace Ventura wrote:What is he banned for now  ???

Mainly to make peewee's day complete :D
account deleted by request

Postby jasonthissy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:10 am

pennant aint good enough, next year gonzalez and kewell on the left with risse and aurelio i think we have enough options there but its the right side we need more pace and ability to beat defenders getting quality in for the front men, this fella from sevilla got all the qualitys needed, we need more attacking options pace maybe but bellamy got that with little end product, we need another rushie or another fowler now tell me who on the market gonna get anywere near that??  david villa from valencia to slow and slight, eto?? we need some1 to come in and take the league by storm like berbatov did for spurs, but who i just dont know, gotta have faith in raffa, he says all the world cup players to tired at start of season and with this close season being a rested 1 for the players and if he brings in the right players ie striker and a right midfielder am sure we can push on and get the big one!? :nod
jasonthissy

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 am

jasonthissy wrote:pennant aint good enough, next year gonzalez and kewell on the left with risse and aurelio i think we have enough options there but its the right side we need more pace and ability to beat defenders getting quality in for the front men, this fella from sevilla got all the qualitys needed, we need more attacking options pace maybe but bellamy got that with little end product, we need another rushie or another fowler now tell me who on the market gonna get anywere near that??  david villa from valencia to slow and slight, eto?? we need some1 to come in and take the league by storm like berbatov did for spurs, but who i just dont know, gotta have faith in raffa, he says all the world cup players to tired at start of season and with this close season being a rested 1 for the players and if he brings in the right players ie striker and a right midfielder am sure we can push on and get the big one!? :nod

Villa is not slow or slight, and would score goals for fun.

Not sure who posted these 3 players Villa, Ribery and Quresema earlier in the thread, but if we were fortunate enough to sign those 3 it would move us to a different level, 2 top top quality wingers and a world class centre forward with give us the attacking threat that United have.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:21 am

I would love to see a Villa or Eto at Anfield but I aint confident either will be here.  Villa is on a big contract with a huge buy out clause.  Unless someone is ready to pay a huge amount I can’t see him moving.  I think the Eto v Rijkaard thing has made it look like Eto wants out but I aint so sure his actually unhappy at Barca.  He has some grievances but does he want out?  I aint so sure he does.

Ribery could be an option if Marseille don’t qualify for the CL. If they qualify then Ribery is a brave man to say he wants to leave after what happened last summer.  If he does become available then a lot of clubs will want him.  Bayern have already made it known they want him, I believe Wenger would like to take him to Arsenal and Lyon also want him but I don’t think Marseille will sell to Lyon.

Queresema is very talented.  I like him a lot.  Love to see someone at the club who can run and dribble past players and entertain.
puroresu

Postby jasonthissy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:29 am

it might bring us the attacking bthreat of the mancs but would it bring us the unbelievable luck they have been getting. if we gonna win the league we do need that bit of luck and decisions going our way!!! :)
jasonthissy

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 am

jasonthissy wrote:it might bring us the attacking bthreat of the mancs but would it bring us the unbelievable luck they have been getting. if we gonna win the league we do need that bit of luck and decisions going our way!!! :)

Evens itself out over the season.  Yesterday for instance we were lucky to not concede a penalty after Petrov was fouled in the area. 

While im the first to moan about decisions going against us I accept that they go the other way as well.
puroresu

Postby jasonthissy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:35 am

fair enough but can you honestly say uniteds luck has evened itself out, dont think so, but you need the extra luck to win championships
jasonthissy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:45 am

s@int wrote:

:laugh:

Peewee are you on a power trip ..... huh, huh, come on lad tell us the truth ?  :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby violetta » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:48 am

hello..i write from italy and are looking for find a ticket for liverpool home match..i've never been to anfield,,,do you think i will find one if i come to liverpool for the last match against wigan?..please help me!!!!
violetta

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:02 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:

:laugh:

Peewee are you on a power trip ..... huh, huh, come on lad tell us the truth ?  :D

he was banned again because his ban has never been lifted.

i told him he can approach us and ask to come back and we will decide.

if you get banned from your local and want to go back you ask the landlord, if you just walk in and order a beer you will be kicked out again

no different here
112-1077774096

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:16 pm

jasonthissy wrote:fair enough but can you honestly say uniteds luck has evened itself out, dont think so, but you need the extra luck to win championships

yeah, but you can make your own luck. and by that i mean always pressing, always puhing for that goal. Utd do that alot, and everyone calls it lucky when they score in the 89th minute to win the game, but the fact is they have the skill and the belief to go and create chances in the 89th minute and have the ability to put them away.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion