How far away are we? - From a title winning squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:08 pm

grayghost wrote:Say about 150mil we need 2 class wingers (simeo,lennon,Jwaqen Alves)take your pick. and two strikers one needs to be fast and creative say Tevez who i think is class in the making he really loves to run and beat a man and we just dont have that. And the outher needs to be a proven 15-20 a season goal scorer (Eto,Villa,Berbatov,) who knows we may even have a chance at Henry this summer.

Tevez would be quality.  His now showing people his quality.  He alone is draggin West Ham along.
puroresu

Postby grayghost » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:10 pm

On a outher note Alex ferguson was at the West ham game and i think he was there watching Tevez maybe as a replacement 4 ronaldo so if we want him then rafa has to move fast
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:12 pm

tevez is the closest thing i've seen to wayne rooney. quality player who'd grace any team.

one thing I know for sure, he'd be better in the hole than kuyt is now.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby grayghost » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:17 pm

Rafa has the connections he has alredy got his mate masherino i can rearly see this one happing and you never know we may already have done a deal with who ever owns him lets hope so anyway because if we don't the mancs will come on Rafa
grayghost

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:19 pm

We are 2 top clas wingers and 1 top class striker away.

I doubt we will get all of those in the Summer, so I'd say at least 2 seasons away.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:24 pm

stmichael wrote:tevez is the closest thing i've seen to wayne rooney. quality player who'd grace any team.

one thing I know for sure, he'd be better in the hole than kuyt is now.

finally someone else in this forum who doesn't rate kujt highly.... :D

Yes..i would like teves to come...but in bellamy i think we have a great support striker. He has pace..he can dribble...he can take on players...he is comfortable on both the wings..and he can sure goals (more than tevez).

I just would like rafa to sign a "goal scoring striker" who can head the ball decently... Thats it. And the perfect man for the job is miroslav klose. He is on a free this summer. Rafa should snap him up. Once we have a striker who can actually score goals...75% of our problems are solved.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:35 pm

Klose bores the :censored: out of me
grayghost

Postby puroresu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:42 pm

miroslav klose is not on a free this summer.  His contract runs out in 08.  He will either leave this summer or sign a new deal.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm

grayghost wrote:On a outher note Alex ferguson was at the West ham game and i think he was there watching Tevez maybe as a replacement 4 ronaldo so if we want him then rafa has to move fast

They dont play in the same positions mate.

IF Ferguson was watchin Tevez it would be because they have lost Larsson, nothing to do with Ronaldo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:39 pm

I'd like to see David Nugent given a go..... Before you all cry out that we need established players up front, hold on to the thought that Bob Paisley gave a young lad from Chester his chance all those years ago and it turned out all right. I reckon Nugent could be got for 5m and nowadays that's peanuts.
The kid seems to have a hunger that you don't see often and when he's being talked about as an international whilst still at Preston then it goes to show that he must have something..... I don't think Rafa would be criticised for having a punt on him so why not?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:35 pm

tevez , quaresma ,  eto , alves , van der vaart  = Title :D

yea yea i noe
Elchris

Postby lakes10 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:
lakes10 wrote:on Sky today they said that Rafa has come and said that it might be 2 or 3 years before we clopse the cap.....sorry but he got the job as we could not waite that long and that is why GH lost his job after saying the same thing.

yes i feel that we are at least 3 years away if we keep geeting players from other teams that are unfit or are well past the best.
we need young english players, if its going to take 3 years then put the money into the youth team and bring up our own players.

If you're reffering to Fowler just get lost. You're the typical idiot who only comes out and speaks when we lose. You're known for it on here.

no i am not talking abot GOD at all.what ia saying is that 2 or 3 years is not good enought to close the cap, we should have done it this year and be pushing to win it next year, GH was given the boot when he said it would take 2 or 3 years to win it.
20 years is far too long for a club like ours to go without winning our "beard and Butter"
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:46 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Ladeulcateg wrote:One of the best around in Finnan? I'm sorry mate but take your rose tinted specs off. Finnan is very very very solid and very dependable. He makes hardly any mistakes aswell and his consistency is excellent.

But, and its a big but... he offers NOTHING going forward. Attend a few games and try watching the lad. The amount of times today (and over the past season and a half) I've found myself standing there screaming for him to overlap or even be ahead of the play to offer the option for the pass has worn me down. He always takes a touch instead of playing first time passes aswell. He's a good player, but for you to sit there and suggest he's in the class of Neville, Alves, Zambrotta or Eboue is laughable. Theres a lad who plays for Wigan for :censored: sake who's a far better player aswell, Ryan Taylor. Used to play for Tranmere. Top quality full back but not fasionable and not at a "big club".

You then go onto Hyypia's famous lack of pace arguement... well am sorry but pace is nothing if you don't have class. Hyypia has class in abundance. He reads it, heads it, intercepts, passes, tackles and marshalls a defence. I'm sick of the experience arguement. Its again :censored: by idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about. Owen wasn't experienced at 17 when he scored 23 goals in his first season. Fowler wasn't at 18 when he scored 18 goals then 30 odd the next season... Rooney wasn't when he broke into the England team and took the euro's in 2004 by storm.

Agger is lazy, sloppy and not arially dominant. He's also not the most mobile. He's a good player, who's decent at everything a defender needs and he's better on the ball than most with his dribbling which can create space but he's not by any stretch of the imagination top class. Never has been and never will be.

You then start with the common Fowler arguement about how you need pace and power to play in the premier league blah blah. I'm starting to get wound up, I shouldn't because I'm bored of the :censored:... In football the three most important things are passing and movement. Followed by touch. If a player has those three things they are more than useful. Fowler has a very good level in all of these.

He can also finish. The problem is Benitez doesn't know how to use him. The players are there in this country, infact, they're everywhere if I'm honest. Barton, Taylor, Bullard, Ashton, the problem being people don't know how to get the best out of these players so therefore don't take a chance on them and they end up never fullfilling there potential.

Fowler can spot a pass, control a ball, pass a ball, link up, play a one two, keep the play moving on the deck, head a ball, read the flight of the ball quicker than a defender and move into space far better than all of our strikers. He is only as quick as Crouch, he's not as strong as Crouch, Bellamy or Kuyt but the fact is he's never been great physically. He once had upper average pace. Now he's got lower average. So what? He was on the pitch for 9 minutes today an looked more likely to score than Bellamy and Kuyt did for the whole time they were on the pitch. Infact, If Fowler had played 5 games more this season I reckon he'd of outscored Bellamy and Kuyt.

What i do find funny is peoples use of cliche's and common terms used by "experts". :) What I also find funny is that because of footy manager the experts think that when you hit 30 all your attirubtes drop and you become useless. When the fact is Robbie now is probably just as good as the Robbie of 2003/2004. The only difference is he's probably physically not able to play 90 mins every game due to his fitness.

Fowler will never make a ball stick consistently, he'll never stretch a defence either, but i tell you what, give him a  chance and more often than not its in the back of the net.

The last paragraph. A right winger isn't essential at the moment. The main area's in order to be a great side. Two strikers, a left winger, a centre half, a right back. The right back we can get away without. JUST!

You don't half sprout some shite.

I would do a detailed analysis of where you went wrong but I cannot be arsed.

Ditto!

Irony is, he who bangs on about Fowler this, Hyypia that really needs to take the rose tinted specs off.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:00 am

The name Eto has appeared several times on this thread... He would be my preferred signing but I do not think we stand a chance of getting him.

Should he leave Barca he will go straight to Italy. Milan, Inter or Juve.

We will not stand a chance; the same goes for Villa.

The reasons for this are not financial; but the majority of African, Spanish and Latino players see the PL as inferior to La Liga and Seri A - it is a sad fact.

We will have to win the ECL to stand a chance.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 am

crazyhorse wrote:The name Eto has appeared several times on this thread... He would be my preferred signing but I do not think we stand a chance of getting him.

Should he leave Barca he will go straight to Italy. Milan, Inter or Juve.

We will not stand a chance; the same goes for Villa.

The reasons for this are not financial; but the majority of African, Spanish and Latino players see the PL as inferior to La Liga and Seri A - it is a sad fact.

We will have to win the ECL to stand a chance.

Sorry mate but them days are long gone, our league along with la liga are far and away the strongest and most attractive, serie a is lagging behind now.
IF Eto'o or Villa were to leave, they would definately be more likely to end up in England than Italy.
Our clubs have far more financial muscle than they used to and also we are now consistantly getting to the latter stages of the european cup competitions again.
Italy has had its day and serie a is in the shadows now. FACT !
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion