Goalkeeper hunt hots up! - Harrison in for cup game.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:56 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:why did houllier buy him in the first place ??? complete waste of time, he couldnt even be trusted when we had the goalkeeping crisis, we got paul jones as cover

GH seemed to be addicted to spending money, it's sort of like it burn a hole in his pocket so he just bought any old sh1t3  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 pm

Van Der Saars actually 34 and is starting to lose it, i think that we should try and get cudicini as he is quite experienced but we could use a younger keeper as a long time replacmement
coolsobs

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:23 pm

Van Der Saar is sh1t, garbage,waste of space.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:41 pm

A.B. wrote:Van Der Saar is sh1t, garbage,waste of space.

i dont agree, in fact i think he`s better than the lad from chelsea. he had a ****** stormer yesterday against west brom.
i`d rather have dudek than schwartzer, as someone has already mentioned he`s prone to blunders himself, infact didnt he do a high profile one in one of the cup finals at cardiff.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:42 pm

Wow Van Der Saar had one good game and he's all of a sudden superb? Van Der Saar was a good goalkeeper when he was a younger but the goals he let in this season are laughable, he's no better than Dudek. Not good enough period.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:52 pm

one good game? he`s been outstanding all season.
schmeichel reckons he`s the best keeper in the prem.
i agree, czech(sp) is good but he`s hardly had to make a save.
nigel martyn probably deserves a mention too.
dudek is the type of keeper that will probably be solid for the rest of the season. he just seems to fall apart against united.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:55 pm

You seriously need to get rid of Kirkland, IMO he is a dead weight in the side!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:55 pm

Van Der Saar has conceeded many lousy goals. He's no better than Dudek or Kirkland.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:58 pm

A.B. wrote:Van Der Saar has conceeded many lousy goals. He's no better than Dudek or Kirkland.

i`d give fulham the pair of them for him.

yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:40 am

Look's like Rafa would really like Carson....from Our beloved's website:

Rafael Benitez has declared that Liverpool's interest in young Leeds goalkeeper Scott Carson is very real and it would be in the players' best interests to snub Stamford Bridge and move to Anfield.
Liverpool have long admired Carson and even before Chris Kirkland's latest injury and Jerzy Dudek's mistake at the weekend, Benitez was keen to add the 19-year-old to his playing staff.

"We've been talking about Carson for some time," revealed Rafa. "After the problem with Chris Kirkland, we continued talking with Leeds, but we had been talking before that. The question is that he's young. We need a young goalkeeper for the future - or we need a goalkeeper with experience.

"Carson doesn't have experience, but he would have the quality. I feel that coming here would be a good opportunity for him because here he can play more games. If you see the other team [Chelsea], they have a very good young goalkeeper. If I had to make that decision, I would go to Liverpool."
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:12 am

yeah i read that and it spunds promising.  I can't see carson choosing chelsea over us because he wants to leave Leeds because he doesnt get much playing time, and with a move to chelsea he'd be moved to #2 or possibly #3.  Though if Chelsea get Carson it really opens up our possibility of getting Cudiccini.  We'll have to see how it turns out.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:21 am

I have a feeling that Dudek's latest clanger may well convince Carson that we're the team to go for. If he comes to us in the January window, he'll waltz into the first 11, whereas he'd be warming the bench at best for Chelsea.

Incidentally, a couple of names I'm surprised haven't come up are Robert Green and Mark Crossley.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:26 am

spiralstairs00 wrote:Liverpool youth academy player Paul Harrison is understood to be in line for a shock call up for Tuesdays cup game with Burnley reports Capital radio. Harrison who's father died in the hillsborough disaster will play instead of Dudek after this mistake against manure on Saturday cost Liverpool the game. It was also reported that an offer has been faxed to Fulham for Dutch international Edwin van der sarr in the region of £1.5million, more than Arsenal are prepared to pay for the 32 year old. Benitez refused to blame Dudek after the game but reports in & around Liverpool say Dudek may have played his last game for our beloved reds! YNWA

Now whenever I see a topic started by Spiralstairs, then I know it is speculative garbage based loosley on reality, and more in the realms of pure fantasy.

Spiral, get a life, you gain no credibility whatsoever on this forum for posting this rubbish all the time.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 am

seriously.. most of us.. just knoe carson by the name and from voices saying that he is realli talented.. but who have seen carson perform before..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby bigmick » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:03 am

I've never seen Carson play but am prepared to accept and believe that he is a top prospect. We, however need a goalkeeper who can step into the first team, now and perform in the CL etc etc. For me, if its British its Robert Greene and if it's continental its probably somebody I've never heard of. I'm not convinced though by all this "It wasn't Dudek's fault that we lost" etc etc. Clearly its never one players fault that a game is lost but it was certainly Dudeks fault that we conceded the goal which had a massive effect on the outcome of the game. Lets face it, its not the first time. It's time to do something about it in my view.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion