Gerrard meets parry and rafa - Late afternoon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:17 am

just heared that Gerrard met up with Rafa and Parry after the press conference late this afternoon and things are looking up.  Apparently Stevie is bowled over at what Rafa has said and is going home to think things through tonight.....best bit is HIS AGENT WASN'T AT THE MEETING.....perhaps gerrard will make up his own mind and not get pressganged into a move.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:22 am

yep we all heard about that a while ago things do seem to be looking up a bit but i wouldnt hold my breath
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:23 am

the best news is, Gerrard has had a meeting with Parry and Rafa and without SFX!   He's going to think about this on his own....so whatever happens now, it's HIS decision.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:40 am

I heard that Gerrard left the meeting at 6:30pm and then Parry and Benitez had discussions for a further 2 hours.  That doesn't sound too good....sounds like crisis talks to me.  Hope I'm wrong  :(
mike72

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:22 am

I heard that Gerrard left the meeting at 6:30pm and then Parry and Benitez had discussions for a further 2 hours.  That doesn't sound too good....sounds like crisis talks to me.  Hope I'm wrong 

I don't think so ..... I think he will sign ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:41 am

wat crisis ? comeon....if gerrard stays, then good. if he leaves then, so be it cos it is 30 million.... Both ways, it is not a crisis....

i am already fed-up that the press are portraying that if gerrard leaves it is a crisis.....

we shouldn't be.....
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:45 am

wat crisis ? comeon....if gerrard stays, then good. if he leaves then, so be it cos it is 30 million.... Both ways, it is not a crisis....i am already fed-up that the press are portraying that is gerrard leaves it is a crisis.....we shouldn't be.....

I agree.... If chelsea want gerrard , $30M plus John Terry or Joe Cole and if RM want, $30M plus Raul. End of the story
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:03 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
wat crisis ? comeon....if gerrard stays, then good. if he leaves then, so be it cos it is 30 million.... Both ways, it is not a crisis....i am already fed-up that the press are portraying that is gerrard leaves it is a crisis.....we shouldn't be.....

I agree.... If chelsea want gerrard , $30M plus John Terry or Joe Cole and if RM want, $30M plus Raul. End of the story

i would be happy with 10 million + cole & duff for gerrard. seriously...... just check out this line-up.

Mori / Cisse     
                    Garcia
             Cole Alonso  Duff
                   Hamann
           Riise Carra  *  Finnan
subs - cisse / mori
         baros
         bolo
         traore

* - a centreback better than hyppia. if not, then hyppia
** - dudek or the new guy. (does not matter to me).
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:16 am

For what it's worth, this is from www.stuff.co.nz - http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3335746a1823,00.html

Apologies if this is old news or if the story has already been posted - I've not had time to check other threads.

Chelsea make record bid for Gerrard
05 July 2005 

LONDON: Chelsea have made a British record Stg32 million ($NZ83.87 million) bid for Liverpool soccer captain Steven Gerrard, British newspapers reported today.

The offer from the premier league champions to prise the inspirational England midfielder away from his hometown club could rise to Stg35m depending on future honours.

That would eclipse the Stg29.1m Manchester United paid to Leeds United for England defender Rio Ferdinand in 2002.

Real Madrid are also rumoured to be waiting in the wings.

Liverpool are reported to have responded to a breakdown in talks with Gerrard last weekend by offering him a two-year contract extension to 2009 on Stg100,000 a week.

This belatedly matches the package Gerrard, 25, was said to be looking for when contract negotiations opened last Wednesday.

Gerrard is thinking over the proposal made at the club's Melwood training ground after the club held talks with Gerrard and his agent Struan Marshall yesterday.

Liverpool chairman David Moores and chief executive Rick Parry were reported to have left a scheduled board meeting at Anfield to join manager Rafael Benitez at the training ground.

They met Gerrard and his representative after the players' second training session to try to persuade him to stay at Liverpool, who he led to Champions League success in May.

Gerrard was tightlipped as he left Melwood after discussions with Benitez, who earlier told a news conference he wanted the midfielder to stay for the rest of his career and also said the player should become Liverpool's next manager.

The uncertainty surrounding Gerrard's future comes as the club start preparing to face Welsh part-timers TNS in their Champions League first round qualifier on July 13.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:24 am

7_Kewell wrote:just heared that Gerrard met up with Rafa and Parry after the press conference late this afternoon and things are looking up.  Apparently Stevie is bowled over at what Rafa has said and is going home to think things through tonight.....best bit is HIS AGENT WASN'T AT THE MEETING.....perhaps gerrard will make up his own mind and not get pressganged into a move.

Liar!

where you hear that at 17 minutes past midnight!??

wasn't on the news or net!

???

dont tell us you have spies on the inside.

these rumour mongerers need to be shot.
65-1114725958

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:20 am

Yeah where did you hear about this? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:28 am

If it's not all resolved this week then we'll find out next wednesday night, when he plays or doesn't!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:33 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:just heared that Gerrard met up with Rafa and Parry after the press conference late this afternoon and things are looking up.  Apparently Stevie is bowled over at what Rafa has said and is going home to think things through tonight.....best bit is HIS AGENT WASN'T AT THE MEETING.....perhaps gerrard will make up his own mind and not get pressganged into a move.

Liar!

where you hear that at 17 minutes past midnight!??

wasn't on the news or net!

???

dont tell us you have spies on the inside.

these rumour mongerers need to be shot.

:Oo: He's not a liar there was a meeting, some people need to get there facts straight jesus :down:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:35 am

Its the season for silly posting

tralalala la la la
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:25 am

Funny enough one of the lads from work(he is usually reliable) has just told me that the meeting happened last night as well.

also he said that when Rafa said he could be chief scout it was a dig at gerrard who is supposed to not be happy with some of the signings.

dont know how much truth there is in it but you never know.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion